What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado 31 Eastern Washington 24 - Pros and Cons

Con: D Scott 13 carries for 39 yards. 3 ypc, against 1AA competition.:confused:

22 yards of that came on one run, so 12 carries for 17 yards?? What's the deal?? Was he hurt?

the irony of this situation - we will have it figured out by November! :lol:

I don't think Dan is being the bow. Feels more like he is trying to discover why the bow exists. Curious who he will quote to after this one.

Not to take anything away from EWU. They played a good game (I am assuming).

I bet he quotes Al Davis: Just win baby!

We need to start faster, that's it.

Even then, our D is playing lights out. Like it or not.

I'm with you on the faster start... WVU got their lunches handed to them today so they will come in to Folsom with a big chip on their shoulders. Good game for us to get out early and let that D shut em down in the second half. The team has 'finished' well in both games this year.

I'm with you on the faster start... WVU got their lunches handed to them today so they will come in to Folsom with a big chip on their shoulders. Good game for us to get out early and let that D shut em down in the second half. The team has 'finished' well in both games this year.

I know I'm a noob and all with this site, but I still have things to bring to the table.

:thumbsup:

I know I'm a noob and all with this site, but I still have things to bring to the table.

:thumbsup:

dood, I'm a noob on this site!

I've lived through a lot of ups and downs with this team. You gotta focus on the good days and forget the bad... by the way I like the handle... we might need one of those for some of these posters before long! :jawdrop:

Man, exciting game, but a heart attack is likely at this rate.

Offense is not looking good. Cody had NO time at all; either the have a GREAT DL, or we are in some trouble. No time, and no holes for the RBs. Speedy made yards because he is so fast and is working the outside, Scott has nothing at all that resembles an open lane to run through. Just pitiful. But what a great leap he had over a guy who dove for his legs. What a thing of beauty!!! We are not even trying to strech the field either; Celestine and J-fly looked open quite a bit, but with no time for Cody to work, he just could not set up to throw deep. He must have had about 400 yeards passing sidewways though.:huh:

Special teams-- another fumbled punt by J-fly; it looked like if he had bounced outside he could have taken it back all the way, but went inside and got hit and fumbled. Scott also fumbled the squib kick, but got it back. Call that a wash. Thinking most teams will be doing the squib kicks for the rest of J-fly's career. Kicker shanked one off to the left again. Missed this time. Needs to aim further to the right, since every kick of his I have seen is at worse in the middle, but usually uncomfortable close to the left. Punting actually looked alot better today.

Defense looked way vanilla. I think they wanted to do no blitzes today too, but were getting killed by giving him time. Once they started blitzing, EWU started making mistakes which got us back in the game at last. hypo came out limping late in the game, but made it back in by a play later. I think that we will see a better D the rest of the way since there is nobody left where we can wait to go all out. Still can't figure out why other teams can get those 5-10 yard passes all day long and we keep hitting great passes to the side for 1 or 2 yards. I actually looked to see if Shawn Watson was calling plays again.

The temp was perfect, and there were plenty fo beautiful girls with lots of cleavage hanging out to admire, so that was good.:thumbsup:

We just looked flat for 2 1/2 quarters. It was painful to watch. EWU continually got pressure on Cody. I thought the coaching staff just almost screwed the pooch in this one. The team was'nt ready to play. Our play calling was unimaginative. I could not figure why DS hardly got a carry in the first half after his great run at the end of our first scoring drive. DS just punishes tacklers. He needs to be in there on most every down. Him and RS.

The defense won this game for us. EWU had three sustained drives the entire game. Their first, the one that led to their long FG, and their last. Otherwise, we gave them 14 due to turn overs.

My wife has never been to a game in Boulder. She absolutely loved it. She has told me 3 or so times how beautiful Folsom is. We should have won by, probably, a score of 37-10. But we dicked around, missed a chip shot FG in the first half then went for it on 4th down in the second when we should have kicked. The Hawk has GOT to get this team more intense.

if you dont mind, im going to say it again.

pro-this team is LEARNING HOW TO WIN. dont mistake the importance of this with such a young team. down dang near the entire game and found a way to win. (think UGA in '06 vs a certian team in black and gold)

a lot of this win was built last year with the win over OU. a lot of it was lost with the loss to ISU. but, make no mistake! imo, this matters and it matters a bunch for a young ball club.

there is a list a mile long to be mad about with this game! yet, in the long run, it may have done more good than bad. time will tell but, lessons like this can only be learned by walking down that road. dang near every team that becomes a consistant winner walks this road.

then they destroy that road so it never appears again. i hope the Buffs do that.

:gobuffs:

I'm flip-flopping on the lack of TV coverage. :huh: First it was a con, but considering a D-II school was leading for most of the game in Folsom, it turned out to be a pro.

It's inexcusable with this O-line and this set of tailbacks that CU has yet to have anything close to a 100 yard rusher. :sad2:

Cha'pelle & Dykes came up with big plays to grab a victory from the jaws of defeat. :thumbsup:

It's inexcusable with this O-line and this set of tailbacks that CU has yet to have anything close to a 100 yard rusher. :sad2:

i assume you are talking about the o line with two freshmen and one soph with a soph at qb and two freshmen playing a lot in the back field?

i assume you are talking about the o line with two freshmen and one soph with a soph at qb and two freshmen playing a lot in the back field?

Yeah. The >300 pound monsters, the QB who shattered CU's freshman passing records, and the number 1 recruit in the nation.

Talk to the hand. This was CSewe and D-2 E-woo, both with new HCs.

special teams are still scaring the crap out of me... too many errors, even accounting for j. smith's big plays

Why are special teams scaring you. Josh Smith is among the NCAA leaders in both kickoff and punt return fumbles. Davis is kicking off as well as anyone in the NCAA. Dillalo looked good today. Coverage is great. What do you want?

fify

Pro - Heart, after EWU drove down the field and scored their 24th point it could have been over.

Cons - EWU has good small school club but we had the firepower and talent to dominate this game. I see some of the same problems our program has had over the past couple of years still haunting this young team. I guess it is to be expected but we won't get away with this much longer. 2 - 0 now could go south real soon if the offense doesn't stop sputtering and the line can't get better pressure on the opposing QB.

This was just a wierd game. I think this staff developed this plan before the season to gradually work DS in. Even though he didn't have a lot of yards, it sure as hell wasn't his fault. DS just flat out punishes tacklers and is VERY hard to bring down. Even on his losses, he battled hard. Our problem was that we got into a hole early and were kind of lost for a couple of quarters. Cody did not have a good game. He had a sure TD down the seam and missed a wide open receiver by five yards. You just can't do that. He also had Scottie wide open in the north end zone and missed him. But on that one he had some pressure and had to hurry the throw. I tell ya, we should have easily won this game by close to 30 points. It was just a wierd, wierd, game.

Pro - Heart, after EWU drove down the field and scored their 24th point it could have been over.

Cons - EWU has good small school club but we had the firepower and talent to dominate this game. I see some of the same problems our program has had over the past couple of years still haunting this young team. I guess it is to be expected but we won't get away with this much longer. 2 - 0 now could go south real soon if the offense doesn't stop sputtering and the line can't get better pressure on the opposing QB.

...fumbles, interceptions, failure to convert 3rd downs, penalties...
Why, oh why do the Buffs habitually do things the hard way?

Yeah. The >300 pound monsters, the QB who shattered CU's freshman passing records, and the number 1 recruit in the nation.

Talk to the hand. This was CSewe and D-2 E-woo, both with new HCs.

talk to the hand....awesome! :lol:

so thats all it takes! tell you what. go into the locker room on monday and let them all know that is all it takes! :smile2::thumbsup:

just being an ass. i understand what you are saying. :smile:

...fumbles, interceptions, failure to convert 3rd downs, penalties...
Why, oh why do the Buffs habitually do things the hard way?

I was going to say, it took this long for someone to mention the 11 flags for 93 yards...that's two weeks in a row. This team has been pretty disciplined the last couple of years.

I didn't follow the game, what were most of the penalties from?

tell you what. go into the locker room on monday and let them all know that is all it takes! :smile2::thumbsup:

I'm betting the locker room was pretty subdued after this game.
With murderer's row coming up, this game must have shaken some confidence.

And with WVU's defeat against Eastern Carolina, both teams will be coming into Folsom with chips on their sholders.

I'm betting the locker room was pretty subdued after this game.
With murderer's row coming up, this game must have shaken some confidence.

And with WVU's defeat against Eastern Carolina, both teams will be coming into Folsom with chips on their sholders.

tell you what. i was hoping WVU was going to come into boulder undefeated and fat, dumb and happy. with that loss, they are going to be as angry as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

tell you what. i was hoping WVU was going to come into boulder undefeated and fat, dumb and happy. with that loss, they are going to be as angry as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

then we better just run that cat into a cage real quick and lock it.

EWU showed us how the run the no huddle offense today that is for sure. Are we going to get Scott on the outside behind the tackles? All the DL did today was crash the middle. If Stewart was in the game, we ran a sweep but nothing inside. We are very predictable on offense right now and we have zero identity. We must have had 5 - 8 3rd and 10+ because we try to throw these little dump passes or get Scott killed with the same running play up the middle. What week do you think we will stop running the qb sneak on the goal line. We

Back