What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado 38 Colorado State 17 - Pros and Cons

Pros:

Overall speed, Scott looked great, special teams looks better (both blocking and coverage), our receivers are solid, and both lines were surprisingly good.

Cons:

Penalties, bad snaps, having to listen to the jackasses behind me that said Scott is from Arizona and Rodney Stewart was the 4th rated running back in the nation.

Oh, I'll admit it's ballsy, no argument there.

That said, considering that this appears to be becoming a regular occurrence, it might be about time for CU to make up a male colorguard outfit. The whole skin tight gold bodysuit thing... it's just not flattering on a man's body.

I'll forward your recommendation to the appropriate parties. On a side note, he came in at the same time I did (so it's the same person you've been seeing for the past 3 years) and he's actually an ok guy.

I'll forward your recommendation to the appropriate parties. On a side note, he came in at the same time I did (so it's the same person you've been seeing for the past 3 years) and he's actually an ok guy.

Which one do you mean, the redheaded guy or the current guy? I remember the redheaded guy from '04, if not earlier... I'd have to imagine that he's graduated by now.

Pros=
Cody looks much better.
RBs look pretty good.
OL kicked ass!
Interior DL was sweet.
LBs looked better than I anticipated.
JFly rocks.
Safeties played well in run support, and cleaned up some messes from the CBs.

Cons=
DEs need to contain much better. Johnson burned us bad going outside.
CBs might just be the death of me this year. McKay better strap on his jock and get ready to play...West Virginia is going to eat him alive I'm afraid.
Snaps were sketchy at best.
Penalties were ill-timed and undisciplined.

pros - cody bulked up with his delivery as efficient as it's ever been -- scotty mcknight looked great -- the 1-2 punch.. first JFLY/DARRELL TD's with many more to come -- walters showing why he will play on sundays (looked like steve atwater out there)

cons - didn't notice much of a legitimate pass rush (i was hoping for mo lucas to show up this year) -- sloppy of handling the rock -- having the next most experimental uniforms in college football after oregon's -- interceptions to a d-linemans that only cody knows how to throw

wouldve been nice to see ralphie trample that FSN announcer

let's not overlook e. washington... go buffs!

1 thing and yes I read Ramnation due to fact i love to see the suffering and stupidity in full live action. The best **** talk they could up with was mocking some kid (a male) flag waver. That **** is pathetic and H-Smitty as per every year showed the class of a Klik Sandwich. This 1 fact is true if I ever met this son of a bitch I would mud hole him for the simple reason that society would be better without his existence. Walmarts a fool but Smitty's is a true classless prick, Bright side for all the old school posters who know me is that "Eliis" most likely will have his pie hole shut yet again for another year 5 of last 6 and do not kid self if this series goes on its about to get far worse for Rammie fans. Screw stats lammie fusker you got owned in this game. Moral victory's ? Your kidding right?

1 thing and yes I read Ramnation due to fact i love to see the suffering and stupidity in full live action. The best **** talk they could up with was mocking some kid (a male) flag waver. That **** is pathetic and H-Smitty as per every year showed the class of a Klik Sandwich. This 1 fact is true if I ever met this son of a bitch I would mud hole him for the simple reason that society would be better without his existence. Walmarts a fool but Smitty's is a true classless prick, Bright side for all the old school posters who know me is that "Eliis" most likely will have his pie hole shut yet again for another year 5 of last 6 and do not kid self if this series goes on its about to get far worse for Rammie fans. Screw stats lammie fusker you got owned in this game. Moral victory's ? Your kidding right?

And really, Ralph beat them to that.

Most impressed with Cody. Maybe it's because I wanted to see it, but his arm looked stronger. It seemed he had a very good command of the offense. I've been down on Cody, but I was impressed with his play last night. Also showed the ability to avoid sacks whether by escaping the pocket or getting rid of the ball.

Rodney Stewart is ****ing fast. And he can break tackles. I cannot believe we picked this guy up at the final hour. Thank you Doug Rippy. I think this guy can be a very special player. The reports coming out of camp were not overly hyped.

Scott needs to get stronger. I think he can be very good this year on ability alone. Would like to see him add 10-15 lbs of muscle to next year.

Smart was everywhere.

With Smith, I was most impressed with his first down catch on the slant. He ran a great route and got great separation at the break. The ball was right there for him out of the break. With the returns, hopefully he learned that when you run north/south, big plays can happen.

Williams did not drop any balls he should have caught. He has the potential to be a very good receiver.

Herrod made some good plays. He plays hard.

I'm a bit skeptical about running every play from the shotgun, but I'll wait to see how that plays out.

Most impressed with Cody. Maybe it's because I wanted to see it, but his arm looked stronger. It seemed he had a very good command of the offense. I've been down on Cody, but I was impressed with his play last night. Also showed the ability to avoid sacks whether by escaping the pocket or getting rid of the ball.

Rodney Stewart is ****ing fast. And he can break tackles. I cannot believe we picked this guy up at the final hour. Thank you Doug Rippy. I think this guy can be a very special player. The reports coming out of camp were not overly hyped.

Scott needs to get stronger. I think he can be very good this year on ability alone. Would like to see him add 10-15 lbs of muscle to next year.

Smart was everywhere.

With Smith, I was most impressed with his first down catch on the slant. He ran a great route and got great separation at the break. The ball was right there for him out of the break. With the returns, hopefully he learned that when you run north/south, big plays can happen.

Williams did not drop any balls he should have caught. He has the potential to be a very good receiver.

Herrod made some good plays. He plays hard.

I'm a bit skeptical about running every play from the shotgun, but I'll wait to see how that plays out.

Hank your always skeptical, face it the teams a damn work in progress right now. But the talents pouring in and that sir you can not deny. The coaching staff in excellent and will only get better. This win was sweet but do not kid ourselves this is a punk ass team we beat who plays there optimum best every season in this game. ORDER ****IN RESTORED!:thumbsup: Lammiefusker your a wicked cool guy but as a KNU fan you realize the separation of talent and depth is about to become even more. Educate your brethren before it becomes a troll board over there laughing at exactly how low level your team is. God Bless Steve fairchild and I hope he makes Rams better before the obvious mid level hire gets offered to him elsewhere.

ever since he signed, i've been afraid that scott was going to be like jason gwaltney, another five star running back recruit that was a "bigger" back and was a huge bust, but watching him run last night darrell is just as smooth as can be running the ball, something gwaltney never was...

let him be in the color guard if he wants to. takes a lot of courage challenging stereotypes.

Please... The only way I commend that is if it the only way he can get free tickets and travel to road games.

Oh, I'll admit it's ballsy, no argument there.

Estrogeny maybe.

depends on the body. black would be better. anyway. chat.

:eek:fftopic: Excuse me... football... manly... take the fashion critique to the Pub.

The whole thing made me discomfortable.:huh: I think a CSU cameraman must have set up that shot, over and over again.

There are more than enough Buff hotties that could have been on camera instead.

The Buffs not as strong at this point as everyone had thought. A win is a win so take it and move ahead. CSU has potential to be a quality team building to next year.

Con - secondary got torched on 1 TD and were beat a few times but the Lammies couldn't make the throw. This will be our main weakness this year.

:iagree: Guys were open deep quite a bit and CSU just didn't hit them. That needs to be cleaned up in a hurry.

Another Pro that I don't think has been mentioned:

Walter's hits. He had some great ones.

Not sure whether it's a pro or a con: That guy in the color guard (I'll say it again, that GUY in the color guard) that they kept showing on TV. For my money, nothing goes together more awkwardly than a skin tight gold foil outfit and a lot of stubble.

Has this become a tradition at CU? I remember my last few years up there a really pasty redheaded guy was on the color guard. Sort of thought he was a walking aberration... guess I was wrong on that one!

I was thinking the same thing :wtf: More power to him I guess, but talk about looking out of place. I could just imagine his parents watching the game and his dad shaking his head.

I thought cu did a good job running the ball in spurts, but i'm not sure if I like this running out of the no huddle thing yet. I was hoping cu would attack their young cb's downfield more.

Defense had 5 sacks,would like to see more blitzing from the lb's.

Overall, I'm pleased but the TO'S,penalties and sanders bad snaps need to cease.

I am not happy with the running game yet as well. I like how it worked late when it needed to, but I really am not sure how its going to work against a team that stacks the box and has some serious talent on D.

Someone else noted, and I agree, that we did not show much playbook wise against the Rams. We had nothing to gameplan on so we didn't do anything fancy on O or D. One reverse was the only "fancy" thing we got. When we needed some big yards, we almost always got them (thank you cody!). The best thing about that is that it shows Hawk is confident enough in his talent (and that he can get his talent to deliver) that he no longer feels he has to go all out to beat lower level teams!

Basically, CU=BACK (well, most of the way there anyways;)

That screen that got picked was set up perfectly; If Stewart had got the ball he had a great chance to score. If we clean things up execution wise it is going to be very hard to stop us.

Pulled this off ramnation. Lovin' it

'uc-boulder was the better and more athletic team last night. CSU has
no where near the talent to win that game yesterday. Next year's game
could be very, very ugly.'

Yes, it will.:thumbsup:

Another Pro that I don't think has been mentioned:

Walter's hits. He had some great ones.

Walters has always been a monster hitter. But aside from the hits, he was off his ass last night! What a great game for the Defensive Captain!

Defense had 5 sacks,would like to see more blitzing from the lb's.

My impression was that we're going to play CSU straight up and show no schemes whatsoever. Their will be no game footage for EWU, so West Virginia will have little info about us--that, plus the fact that we'll have a little less than two weeks to prepare for them.

Which one do you mean, the redheaded guy or the current guy? I remember the redheaded guy from '04, if not earlier... I'd have to imagine that he's graduated by now.

I guess I was a little confused in my post-win excitement. The guy I'm thinking of has been around since Fall of 05 (which is when I joined the band). He was a freshman then so I don't think he's the one from 04. He does have red hair (or at least he did then) so I guess this just creates more questions than answers. I'll have to ask some of the people who have been around longer and see if there was a guy on the guard back then.

Pros -
Cody's completion percentage 20/29
Three running backs combining for 133 yards
Defense. 5 sacks, a few picks, no big plays. The goldfish didn't get any, but if he's demanding a double team every down, that means someone else is getting free.

Cons -
Mistakes. Fumbles, penalties... etc.

Observations:
I think I'm gonna like the no-huddle. We'll crush directional washington, and then we'll see the first real test against WV.

Pros - Looking at the Rams student section every time the Buffs scored, Their look of dejections was classic.
- The dead silence of the crowd walking out of the CSU section of the stadium. I had to scream to my kid to talk to him during the game, but as we were walking out, you could hear a pin drop.
- Seeing a CSU shirt that said "Trained to Castrate" had to laugh at that one.

Cons - Not scoring sooner (1st quarter) so we could shut up the fans faster

Pro: Helfrich's play selection was good. There was a good mix of plays and players. We didn't see the same ol' misdirection play every series.

Pro - usually the most improvement is made from week one to week two or is that just a cliche? :gobuffs:

Back