1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The admins are aware of site instability throughout the day today. We have our crack technical staff checking it out, but it is probably the Russians. If you are having any specific issues, please post them to the Customer Service Support Forums and we will get to them in the next 24 to 48 weeks. Thank You

Colorado +9 to open at Hawai'i

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Mick Ronson, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Must... not... bet... on the buffs...

4. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

That seems pretty high to me.

I know the Buffs beat Hawaii by almost 20 in Boulder last fall -- and most of that CU team is back.

I don't really know much about Hawaii -- what is their team like, coming back?

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

We're falling into the trap of thinking the line is set as some kind of indication of where the oddsmakers feel the game will end up. It's only a way for them to get people to bet reasonably evenly for both teams. Remember Hawaii has a reputation for playing very well at home. CU is coming off a dismal year and has a new coach that almost nobody has ever heard of.

Not surprising, but it's also an opportunity. I'd be surprised if CU loses the game, much less loses by 9 points.

6. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

the las vegas hilton opened their lines yesterday and they have CU +6, 9 is way to high, 6 makes more sense. I see this ending around 4 at kickoff.

7. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

4 1/2 sounds right