What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado at Oregon Game Day Thread

Fortune is terrible lately
Especially tonight. I believe 2 games ago he scored 21. His problem is inconsistency. Maybe Tad should let him play until his first turnover then pull him for the game. Or pull him if he misses his first 3 shots. He's either on, or a serious liability.

So Tad has missed 10 layups, turned the ball over 13 times, and missed 7 rebounds? Come on.

Tad doesn't need defending. He is a good coach, and in no way perfect. Making statements like the one above is a cop out. Coaches work on those things with the players in practice, and maybe some changes need to be made. I know it's frustrating as some posters like to almost always harp on the negative and don't acknowledge the positive, but providing silly retorts avoid the issue.

However, It is OKAY to say he was outcoached in a game. That's not bashing someone. It's like saying a player outplayed another. It happens.

I am glad Tad Boyle is our coach. However, he needs to improve in areas, just like the players do, if we want this team to get to the level that we hope for.

Tad tried about every defense in their book, every offensive set he had, every combination of players that he could use. It was just not the buffs night. But thats ok, I know your agenda just like everyone else here. you show up to bitch whenever the Buffs have an off game. You don't like Tad. We get it.
Whoa now, I've never said I don't like tad. Far from it. I just don't think he's the end all be all best coach in the whole entire universe like some people here.

We lost a lot when the asst whe left 2 or 3 years ago (ambercrombie?) Left. I don't think his replacement is doing well at recruiting (anyone over 6 8 out there? Anyone?)

If you don't see any coaching failure in tonight's game you should take off the tad colored glasses

Buffs better hold serve at home...wont be easy.....ASU and Wazzu should be easier....Arizona might be hitting thier stride by then with all the new frosh....Washington should be a tough game.... They will not beat USC or UCLA....or Utah...on the road...what is this team going to do next year without Scott?

Miller's going to come on strong next year. And White is going to be something to see.
I agree about Miller. He's becoming a man as we watch. I'm still not willing to put all my eggs in the white basket until I see him play real opponents

Missing out on Dorsey makes games like this that much harder to watch. Tacky court, tacky fans, tacky uniforms...don't know what he and so many other kids see in the Ducks

Buffs better hold serve at home...wont be easy.....ASU and Wazzu should be easier....Arizona might be hitting thier stride by then with all the new frosh....Washington should be a tough game.... They will not beat USC or UCLA....or Utah...on the road...what is this team going to do next year without Scott?
Washington will fall at CEC like Cal. Arizona will be tough but they could end up like Oregon if they don't recognize the challenge. I feel good about us at home. As far as the road - this next game is the best remaining chance. So in that sense it's really big.

Washington will fall at CEC like Cal. Arizona will be tough but they could end up like Oregon if they don't recognize the challenge. I feel good about us at home. As far as the road - this next game is the best remaining chance. So in that sense it's really big.
Oregon State playing Utah tough.....going to a tough game...

I agree on Miller. The guy is coming into his own. He's going to be a load next year.

Does DBT have like five accounts now, because damn bad game but we did split the series.
What? I'm not all butt hurt about this loss. I figured we'd probably lose this one. I'm hoping for a much better effort Saturday.

@SDBuff ; welcome back to the basketball forum. I see out of your 46 total posts on AllBuffs, 9 have been about the basketball team. Four of those are in this thread complaining about how the Buffs won't win another road game, won't be able to hold serve at home, and are screwed next year because we are going to depend on a former DII player. A few others complain about terrible offense, Tad getting his ass handed to him in recruiting, CU being terrible since Spencer, and how Iowa State is going to blow us out based on their preseason ranking of 7 and ours of 67.

I know we just got our ass kicked and we should be negative about it, but do you have any positive thoughts about the team? Were you able to watch the home game against Oregon where we beat them? Did you see our most recent win against Cal? Why do you write off the rest of the road games? Do you think we have no chance against OSU on Saturday? Do you think our success or failure next year solely resides on White, or will the other players have any impact on it?

@SDBuff ; welcome back to the basketball forum. I see out of your 46 total posts on AllBuffs, 9 have been about the basketball team. Four of those are in this thread complaining about how the Buffs won't win another road game, won't be able to hold serve at home, and are screwed next year because we are going to depend on a former DII player. A few others complain about terrible offense, Tad getting his ass handed to him in recruiting, CU being terrible since Spencer, and how Iowa State is going to blow us out based on their preseason ranking of 7 and ours of 67.

I know we just got our ass kicked and we should be negative about it, but do you have any positive thoughts about the team? Were you able to watch the home game against Oregon where we beat them? Did you see our most recent win against Cal? Why do you write off the rest of the road games? Do you think we have no chance against OSU on Saturday? Do you think our success or failure next year solely resides on White, or will the other players have any impact on it?
Excellent observations.

Didn't get the chance to see the game, just saw the score.

Ouch.

Any point in watching the replay?

Ouch.

No.

Basically a ton of bricks. From the free throw line. Layups. Jumpers. From 3. Clank, clank, clank.

Brazzers posted last night's Buff offense under the category "Rimming Out."

And the baby diarrhea smudge floor at Matt Knight arena causes seizures.

Ouch.

Nope. Do what @Buffnik said - flush the game and go on to Corvalis.

Oregon is ****ing legit. I laughed when the announcers said they may be a 1 or 2 seed. Then I started thinking about it and they're closer than I thought.

This program has been consistently coming up short in big games under Tad Boyle.

And yet we won at home. UO is a good team and has a great shot at winning the Pac12 ref season and title. This is in a very strong field. Winning on the road is very difficult.

The team shot poorly and was bad at free throws. It happens. Can't expect the Buffs to come out in every game and be in it, unless we were also a legitimate top 5 team.

OSU is a better indication of where the team is at. Much more winnable, but GP2 is the best player in the conference.

Positives: Tory Miller. When he can figure out how to be the leader Josh is, he will be a good, if not great player. Sorry, but he was about the only positive of the night.

I've never said much about the road vs home split for the rest of the season, but here's my take: We'll probably win Saturday, but barring a miracle at Utah, I don't see us winning another roadie. Our offense disappears at best, and out to / assist ratio goes in the toilet. Don't get to the line, and when we do, we miss. As for home, I think they CAN hold vs. everyone but AZ. Even with the "down" year they're having, I don't see it.

White - yes, if he isn't the second coming of <insert dominant PG / scorer>, next year makes last year look good. We still can't drive / slash, we still can't run any sort of offense to get shots at the rim, and once Josh leaves, teams will be able to concentrate on our outside shooters. Wes and Tory combined don't have the post presence that Josh does.

Back