What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Buffaloes v Texas Longhorns - Alamo Bowl, 29 Dec, 7pm MT - GAME THREAD

We are 11 point dogs in this game, bet Landman being out made the line larger!
Decent bet though?
In all honesty, I'm currently leaning toward the Horns on this. They can put up points and our defense is without a soul with Landman out. My hearts says Buffs, but my head keeps seeing visions of UT putting up a 40 burger.

Very talented team. Without Landman, I'm very worried about getting boat raced.
Unfortunately, this is where my head is at as well. Texas is pretty good. I worry they'll exploit our weaknesses on O (Noyer) and on D (LBs) pretty well given time to prepare.

they will stop Broussard enough that it will mean Noyer will have to make some throws. hit the play action, check down to brou, hit brady on drags, and connect on a deep ball or two - easy peasy

they will stop Broussard enough that it will mean Noyer will have to make some throws. hit the play action, check down to brou, hit brady on drags, and connect on a deep ball or two - easy peasy
The problem is Noyer hasn't come close to making throws in the last three games...

disagree with this. Noyer made some excellent throws last game in the 1st half. There were also a handful of drops.
Look at his last 3 games. Yes there were some drops, but not good at all as a whole.

So legitimate expectations for the game?

I want to see us in it, but expect a loss by a couple TD’s or so

We need to do some righting of the ship against Texas. Before 2000, we had won 7 straight against Texas, and when they won in Boulder, it was the first time in 59 years.

Texas won once in 2000 and of course once in the 2001 regular season before we beat them in the Big XII CCG.

Since then? Losses of 24, 25, 67, 24, and 24.

A correction in the trajectory of the series history needs to occur.

Last edited:
We need to do some righting of the ship against Texas. Before 2000, we had won 7 straight against Texas, and when they won in Boulder, it was the first time in 59 years.

Texas won once in 2000 and of course once in the 2001 regular season before we beat them in the Big XII CCG.

Since then? Losses of 24, 25, 67, 24, and 24.

A correction in the trajectory of the series history needs to occur.
Rusty approves of this message.

Utah defense >>> Texas defense (especially with opt outs)
Sure. But the talent and speed filling in for those opt outs on the Texas D is going to make up for the difference between Texas D and Utah D, no? Texas D speed >>> Utah D speed, amiwrong?

Sure. But the talent and speed filling in for those opt outs on the Texas D is going to make up for the difference between Texas D and Utah D, no? Texas D speed >>> Utah D speed, amiwrong?

If speed were all that matters, I guess?

I mean, we are talking about both starting safeties and their best pass rusher, on a middling defense to begin with.

Some interesting tidbits about the CU-Texas series. After the 1946 meeting, there has only been game between Colorado and Texas where neither team was ranked - a 47-30 CU victory in 1997. Since then, CU has come into the game ranked 9 times, Texas 11 times.

When both teams are ranked, the series is split 3-3.
When CU comes in ranked but Texas is not, CU is 3-0.
When Texas comes in ranked but CU is not, Texas is 5-0, with all 5 of those games coming since 2000. (Note: the lowest ranking Texas had coming into a CU game between 2001 and the most recent game in 2009 was #9.)

Texas's period of dominance in this series in the 2000s came as they were ascending into their most successful period in the past 50 years, whereas CU was declining into our least successful period in program history.

11 years later, as both teams renew the series, CU has a chance to return the series to a competitive one, perhaps back to one that the Buffs have the upper hand on.

Back