What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Buffaloes vs SF Dons Game thread

If you are referencing the Technical foul on Nate, that wasnt from the end of the game. It was actually pretty funny, Nate picked a fight with the USF's coach. The coach was holding on to the ball and Nate was trying to rip it from his hands. It ended in a double technical, but pretty entertaining.

Yeah. That was funny. I was lobbying them to throw that bitch ass coach out of the game. Didn't work though.

I was able to walk across the court at half time though. That was crazy. I was just waiting for someone to tell me I couldn't be there, but no one seemed to care.

Huh. Then where is the tech in the box score? It it a team?

Oh I dont know, I didnt look at the box score, I was just at the game. Nate and the USF coach both got T'ed up, and truthfuly I thought they may have started to go at it. Too bad it wasnt Shannon Sharpe, that may have been even better seeing a coach go after a player like Sharpe

Yeah. That was funny. I was lobbying them to throw that bitch ass coach out of the game. Didn't work though.

I was able to walk across the court at half time though. That was crazy. I was just waiting for someone to tell me I couldn't be there, but no one seemed to care.

Yeah that was really interesting to watch. It looked like Nate was just trying to get the ball so he could inbound and then Rex Walters decided to be a huge bitch and freak out and start screaming at Nate. Really classless. The bottom line is we have to get better, but this isn't the end of the world. We have a good team, and I still think we can get to the bubble area, we just have to play defense for forty minutes, and have better shot selection for god's sake.

Yeah that was really interesting to watch. It looked like Nate was just trying to get the ball so he could inbound and then Rex Walters decided to be a huge bitch and freak out and start screaming at Nate. Really classless. The bottom line is we have to get better, but this isn't the end of the world. We have a good team, and I still think we can get to the bubble area, we just have to play defense for forty minutes, and have better shot selection for god's sake.
What makes you think we have a good team? Granted, I've only seen one game, but that did not look like a good team to me.

What makes you think we have a good team? Granted, I've only seen one game, but that did not look like a good team to me.

You saw one away game. I dont understand it, but for some reason the team plays quite differently on the road, always has from Patton to Bz and now Boyle. I dont really understand it that much, other teams i follow dont play so differently on the road, it has always been strange thing to me.

Even with the poor execution today, there were moments of good play that made me very excited. The team is obviously struggling to execute Boyle's style play, and that is mostly to be expected. Those players are players that BZ recruited to play in his game style. If you notice Roberson fits Boyle's style perfectly. My guess is we will likly struggle for a little bit longer, then with the couple cupcakes we play within the month you will see some big strides made. They are still really struggling on switching defenders when playing M2M, and defensive help is still quite different to them, but I have noticed good changes in the past 3 games. The offense is obviously not been a priority of boyle, and probably for good reason, but once they start working on Offense, I think we will see some good improvements there too.

My outlook for the season still doesnt change much, I think we will continue to struggle on the road, being a rather strong team at home. Finishing 6th - 8th place in the Big 12, we will be a bubble team, and unless we do something big in the Big 12 tournament, or the tournament in Vegas, we will be NIT bound. Where we are in a month will tell a lot.

Well, I should have worded that differently. We are a talented team. What we saw tonight was nowhere close to the finished product of what this team will look like later in the season. I think we saw stretches of really strong defensive play (from about 6 minutes left in the 1st half to halftime we played awesome D) and we experienced some offensive problems that we rarely ever experience (shooting somewhere around 50% from the free throw line). After watching last year's squad go 6-10 in the big 12 with some really close losses, I would be really surprised if we don't go around 7-9 or .500 in big 12 play to put us right at the bubble.

well, i missed it mostly. at a dinner party (no way out, work related). just reading this thread and the recap....sounds great. great performance by us. FT shooting, wtf? lobotomy plays to close out the game and OT's. Nice. Nate Tomlinson or Higgins....those guys have played a lot of D-1 minutes....I don't put this on Boyle but you do think out of the previous TO you say: Guys, no more timeouts. we're spent.

nothing is ever easy for us, apparently. it's games like this that really put the old CU hoops "one step forward, two steps back" School of Building Program Momentum on the map. games like this that alienate a would-be casual fan. they don't take the next step and show up at the CEC, they buy more Rockies or Broncos gear.

long season, i think we'll be alright but we need the W's in the column....not RPI L's to teams ranked 200-250. at least they play Gonzaga and St. Mary's twice. Maybe a Pac team.

edit: in related news, SF lost to SJSU by ten on wednesday. SJSU also beats Oregon yesterday. doesn't mean squat to us, but interesting.

Last edited:
I'm pissed at Boyle. I'm pissed at the team. I'm not going to post about basketball for the rest of the day.

well, i missed it mostly. at a dinner party (no way out, work related). just reading this thread and the recap....sounds great. great performance by us. FT shooting, wtf? lobotomy plays to close out the game and OT's. Nice. Nate Tomlinson or Higgins....those guys have played a lot of D-1 minutes....I don't put this on Boyle but you do think out of the previous TO you say: Guys, no more timeouts. we're spent.

nothing is ever easy for us, apparently. it's games like this that really put the old CU hoops "one step forward, two steps back" School of Building Program Momentum on the map. games like this that alienate a would-be casual fan. they don't take the next step and show up at the CEC, they buy more Rockies or Broncos gear.

long season, i think we'll be alright but we need the W's in the column....not RPI L's to teams ranked 200-250. at least they play Gonzaga and St. Mary's twice. Maybe a Pac team.

edit: in related news, SF lost to SJSU by ten on wednesday. SJSU also beats Oregon yesterday. doesn't mean squat to us, but interesting.

Also SF beat Seattle U by like 40 and they went on to beat Oregon State. Not making excuses, but it's not the end of the world.

Listened on the radio. Disappointing. It'd be hard to find a team that's as snakebitten on the road as CU Basketball. For as long as I've been paying attention(late 80's early 90's), they never seem to be able to get out of their own way on the road. Even the '03 team that made the tourney. I know it's only 3 games in, but I'm pretty pissed at the poor free throw shooting. That right there cost them the game last night.

Oh well. I guess the glass is half full approach is the first two road games went down to the wire. They fight to the end which is good. Really hope these guys are a different team at home.

We should be better. We may have two 20 ppg scorers... TWO! When the hell does that ever happen, yet we can't beat SF. Unless the Dons really turn it on, this loss can come back to haunt us if we're on the bubble.

So I am not saying that USF is a great team, but I think they can put together a pretty good game at times. Last night they took #7 SDSU tight till the end of the very end of the game.

Back