What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Home Jerseys in 2011

So what if some of the recruits do like flashy uniforms? That doesn't stop recruits from going to Oklahoma, Alabama, USC, etc. Bottom line is, winning sells the most.

FYI 'tini- I'm less than 30 years old and I'm telling you that I find the early 90's look to be the best. Can't believe a teenybopper is telling everyone otherwise.

I'm in no way saying that they 90's jerseys are bad, I like them but recruits like flash and they don't have that.

Tini coming out in favor of Nike ****ing with our uniforms just goes to support the argument against it imho.

outside of that weird Tron shizz Nebraska wore in 01 (that doesn't get nearly the ridicule it deserves)....i think Adidas does a nice job. i love their ATM stuff. and i hate ATM.

after the JV job they gave us last time, as one of the first Nike schools in the mid 90's no less, i don't trust those clowns now that we are in Phil's conference.

outside of that weird Tron shizz Nebraska wore in 01 (that doesn't get nearly the ridicule it deserves)....i think Adidas does a nice job. i love their ATM stuff. and i hate ATM.

after the JV job they gave us last time, as one of the first Nike schools in the mid 90's no less, i don't trust those clowns now that we are in Phil's conference.

I don't think Adidas is considered cool any more. At our recent basketball camp, it was noted that not a single kid was wearing Adidas.

I don't think Adidas is considered cool any more. At our recent basketball camp, it was noted that not a single kid was wearing Adidas.

as someone who interacts with 19-20 year olds on a daily basis 9 months out of the year.....you can't be making institutional decisions based on what "is ghey" or not. these are young people, sadly, whose minds are fully colonized by socially manufactured desires and easily manipulated by Axe body spray commercials.

so, it's Under Armour today and then what? when that's not "cool". "cool" is a business that is highly determined. you develop a brand that brings them to you, not cow-towing the other way. if you want to be the "Axe" of college football, hooray. leave me out of it on principle.

Last edited:
I'd be a fan of doing something like this (alternates). And before any of you say anything this jerseys are Adidas' creations:
ND:
http://www.und.com/view.gal?id=94583
Michigan:
6586076.jpg

Not a fan of the big M unless that was something they had on their old jerseys but both Michigan and Notre Dames look sweet.

Looks like were not going with the 1990 jerseys on the road this year.

P Rich Tweet in response to "yall gettin new jerseys soon"
"@BBadss away jerseys. The alumni like the home jerseys"

That tweet is great! It reveals a few things:

--The players prefer newer, less traditional uniforms (no huge surprise).

--The players are aware that old people like me appreciate the more traditional uniforms (a bit of a surprise).

--At some level, the decision was made to accommodate alumns with a traditional look.

--At least one player seems mostly okay with that.

That tweet is great! It reveals a few things:

--The players prefer newer, less traditional uniforms (no huge surprise).

--The players are aware that old people like me appreciate the more traditional uniforms (a bit of a surprise).

--At some level, the decision was made to accommodate alumns with a traditional look.

--At least one player seems mostly okay with that.

All good points. Great tweet analysis.

I know I suck at deciphering these, but I read that as the following exchange:

Q: "Is the football team getting new jerseys this season?"
A: "Why yes, new away jerseys, actually. The home jerseys, and by that kind sir I mean the throwback 1990 jerseys we wore at home last year, will remain the same, as our distinguished alumni rather fancy them."

i know i suck at deciphering these, but i read that as the following exchange:

Q: "is the football team getting new jerseys this season?"
a: "why yes, new away jerseys, actually. The home jerseys, and by that kind sir i mean the throwback 1990 jerseys we wore at home last year, will remain the same, as our older alumni rather fancy them."

fify...;)

Back