What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Post-game/Offseason thread

The thing I'm most bummed about losing to Uconn is the exposure it would have brought. We lose a lot of good players after next year, and if we can't replace them with a monster class...it's worrying to say the least. Beating Uconn and getting to play Kansas would have helped no question.

Instead the talk about the tourney paints CU as overseeded, and the Pac as overrated. Just a couple missteps next season and we won't see a vote all year.

Last edited:
In several next season posts, I keep seeing Wes at the 5 and Tory at the 4. In the games this year, when they were both on the court, to me it seemed like Tory was the 5 and Wes the 4. Not sure why you'd switch this.

As for Yaz, the biggest difference I see between him and Dom is his thought process. He made way better passes, saw open guys and was smoother / more decisive getting the ball down low. His shooting was on and off. Biggest issue to me is on D, but it's not like Dom is a lock down defender either. I think Yaz's play in Europe developed him way better than the garbage that is the US amateur system.

In several next season posts, I keep seeing Wes at the 5 and Tory at the 4. In the games this year, when they were both on the court, to me it seemed like Tory was the 5 and Wes the 4. Not sure why you'd switch this.

As for Yaz, the biggest difference I see between him and Dom is his thought process. He made way better passes, saw open guys and was smoother / more decisive getting the ball down low. His shooting was on and off. Biggest issue to me is on D, but it's not like Dom is a lock down defender either. I think Yaz's play in Europe developed him way better than the garbage that is the US amateur system.

The 4-5 situation with Wes and Tory seems to depend on how physically strong the opponents are. Wes is taller and has much better hops than Tory so his game is much more vertical, Tory though is a big, strong man who isn't going to get pushed around, and he continues to get stronger.

The 4-5 distinction is completely irrelevant. Change the way you look at the game. With Wes and Tory, we'll have two front court players and three perimeter players. When we go small, we'll have one front court player and four perimeter players. XJ is a hybrid, he'll guard a big in small lineups, guard a perimeter guy in big lineups.

Our opponents knew that all they had to do was amp up the pressure and our guards would fold like s lawn chair. We need guys with quickness who can handle pressure. Guys who can create.

Our opponents knew that all they had to do was amp up the pressure and our guards would fold like s lawn chair. We need guys with quickness who can handle pressure. Guys who can create.

I thought most everybody was happy to be rid of Ski this year.

I just wanted to post something with regards to our recent Buffs graduates. I knew Shannon Sharpe was still around the team, but he graduated yesterday. That's great to see that he saw his education important enough to see it through, even though he wasn't on scholarship. Congrats to him, Eli, Xavier, and Xavier.

I just wanted to post something with regards to our recent Buffs graduates. I knew Shannon Sharpe was still around the team, but he graduated yesterday. That's great to see that he saw his education important enough to see it through, even though he wasn't on scholarship. Congrats to him, Eli, Xavier, and Xavier.

Absolutely. Sharpe also helps APR and grad rate by coming back to finish up. And I think his plan is to coach HS ball back in Cali, so he's got a solid career path laid out in front of him with the degree and volunteer assistant year.

Did Josh Scott not graduate yesterday? I didn't see him on any of the lists or tweets, but I could have missed it.

Congrats to Sharpe on getting that degree and to all of the other student athletes.

Lot of these athletes getting degrees in some fairly tough majors, don't see many degrees in eligibility on that list.

Says a lot about the kids and pretty positive about the athletic programs as well. A lot of schools steer kids to "easy" majors to increase their chance of staying eligible and graduating without interfering with their athletic pursuits. Glad to see the Buffs still have a large number of legitimate student-athletes.

Lot of these athletes getting degrees in some fairly tough majors, don't see many degrees in eligibility on that list.

Says a lot about the kids and pretty positive about the athletic programs as well. A lot of schools, like Michigan, tOSU and the entire SEC, mandate kids take "easy" majors to increase their chance of staying eligible and graduating without interfering with their athletic pursuits. Glad to see the Buffs still have a large number of legitimate student-athletes.

FIFY! Sharpe came back and graduted without a scholly, due to financial help from Tad.

FIFY! Sharpe came back and graduted without a scholly, due to financial help from Tad.

Can someone with a good understanding of NCAA compliance rules please affirm that Tad's support of Sharp's degree doesn't violate any rules? I'd hate for this feel-good story come back to bite the school in the butt.

Can someone with a good understanding of NCAA compliance rules please affirm that Tad's support of Sharp's degree doesn't violate any rules? I'd hate for this feel-good story come back to bite the school in the butt.

As it was explained, it made it so CU couldn't recruit his AAU for a year or something.

Regardless, why would you want AllBuffs to play compliance sleuth when we all know that CU has an overactive compliance Dept to begin with?

As it was explained, it made it so CU couldn't recruit his AAU for a year or something.

Regardless, why would you want AllBuffs to play compliance sleuth when we all know that CU has an overactive compliance Dept to begin with?
Starting in 1961 with Sonny Grandelius, Boulder Mafia has been overzealous in wanting to appear "holier than thou". Sonny didn't do anything that any other coach of his time did and probably less! Problem was CU was NOT OU or in the Big 10 or SEC or SWC, where what Sonny did, would have earned him a huge raise.

It just strikes me as tempting karma.

There was a big to-do about the MacIntyre family sponsoring a woman's lacrosse scholarship (instead of a football scholarship)

I've just never come across a basketball coach funding an education for a former basketball player and wanted assurance from someone who knows this stuff that a coach can spend his money anyway he likes on a former BB player so long as the player is out of NCAA eligibility, or whatever.

Never a bad thing to be educated in these matters.

Back