What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado - Utah Game Needs a Trophy

With the advancement of LED technology, something like that could be done really cool. Put a switch on it that changes the color of the light. Red, Yellow, and White (set prior to kickoff).

If we do institute a trophy it would be really cool to modify it based on ownership like the Victory Bell which gets painted "true blue" when in UCLA possession and red when in USC possession. I also like the fact that the possessing team gets to ring it when they score touchdowns during the rivalry game. Maybe our Aggro Crag trophy can have a button that sprays snow confetti when the possessing team scores

The only good thing to come from ESPiN - even if it does include the Emburrito.
http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/24259/best-case-worst-case-colorado
"Do you guys see this!" an enraged Embree says to his team during a meeting Monday before the game. He holds a bike above his head that it appears someone has vandalized with cheap, red spray paint.

"This is my 15-year-old daughter's bike. Look what they did to it! It used to be black and gold, our beloved colors. And now it is Utah red! Those, those, Utes... they made her cry!"

The meeting room erupts. "They made coach's daughter cry!" rages 6-foot-8 guard Ryan Miller. "We must crush them, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentation of their women!"

It will become known as the "Red Bike Incident." Utes fans will alternately revel in it or deny involvement. Years hence, college football historians will lean back and sagely say, "Yep, that was when those Buffs and Utes really started to hate each other. Might be the most vicious rivalry in all of college football."

Colorado prevails 28-27 in a game that features 195 yards in penalties. The Buffs then stomp Clemson in the Sun Bowl and finish 9-5.
Embree's recruiting class ranks 15th in the nation. The Big 12 falls apart. Nebraska finishes last in the Legends Division of the Big Ten.

The snow comes early and often and is most righteous.

It's gonna need more than this game to get to that level. I remember talking about this with my father on the way up the hill the last time Utah was in town, and he said this (paraphrasing from memory)-"I want these Utah fans to enjoy themselves this weekend, and I hope they spend a lot of money here. If this were Nebraska, I hope the toilets in their hotel rooms back up.".......I don't remember the rest. Have these games with them been fun? Yes, and I'd expect another one Saturday. Having said that, it still feels like an arranged marriage to me-probably not the right cliche to use given Utah is involved, but whatever. The name was and still is silly, and we don't need to play for a silly trophy yet. It's just not on that level.

Looking into what it would take to make a piece of aggro crag with changing lights, it would be pretty simple. Maybe $100, due to the cost of plexi glass.
How about a slap of pykrete?

Block_of_pykrete.jpg

I think some of you might take these trophies too seriously. Just a part of the silly pageantry of college football to add a little fun and media coverage. Seems like a mistake not to do it.

I think some of you might take these trophies too seriously. Just a part of the silly pageantry of college football to add a little fun and media coverage. Seems like a mistake not to do it.
I still don't think so.

As an alternative I suggest a spear. On that spear, once we've beaten every team in the Pac 12, a scalp will be afixed for each member except us and the Utes. Instead of playing for the spear, whoever whoops more sissy coastal ass and desert rats gets that spear for said season.

I still don't think so.

As an alternative I suggest a spear. On that spear, once we've beaten every team in the Pac 12, a scalp will be afixed for each member except us and the Utes. Instead of playing for the spear, whoever whoops more sissy coastal ass and desert rats gets that spear for said season.
I can get behind this. How do we choose whose scalp goes on the spear? I assume it would have to be some annoying alumnus?

a silver boot with a half of a leg... Call it the Alferd Packard Victory Stump... or the Alferd Packard Silver Stump

I'm in favor of it. Heck, some of these programs (especially B1G, it seems) have trophies with practically half the teams they play. With the CU/Utah game increasingly having high stakes for the South Division on the line, we might as well. It adds some fun to it. The CSU one means less since it should be in Boulder every year, but it'd be fun. Utah is our end of season "rival". You had better believe things would change for good if they come in and beat us on Saturday. The series will never be the same, and we've already gloriously ****ed them over in 2011 by knocking them out of a P12CG game appearance in 2011 and had numerous close games since. It's worthy of one.

I know the addition of the Commonwealth Cup to UVA/VT has been a lot of fun when the series was competitive a decade ago. Getting a little dusty in Blacksburg now just as our CSU one should be in Boulder. Now, why UVA plays for a trophy with Florida State is another matter up for debate, especially not even playing every year anymore due to Swofford's wonderful additions of apathetic NE schools. Just odd.

IMO it needs to become a rivalry before a trophy is put in there. It is just not a rivalry, although people have tried to force it. Now it looks like it could turn in to one but is just not there yet.

Back