What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Stanford- October 13, 2023 - 8pm MT, ESPN

Yep. But the issue is. Take the win and go home. We had plenty of chances to stick to what was working but we didn't
yes this. got so ****ing cute, over and over. gotta learn to take what they give you and not try to dazzle. we had some matchups that were just not working. you don't just hope the guys man up and make a play. you address the matchup issues.

so so much more and frustrating.

Lack of sophisticated analytical football coaching.
He has great coaches but most of them aren't analytical. Our analytical guys are both Analysts. That means 2nd half adjustments where we will see changes but in this game. We needed them coaching instead of in the coaches box. This was is due to poor coaching.

This one should have been an easy win even when the defense ****ted on itself

I've said before, and I'll say it again. Prime is not your traditional coach. He expects his players to figure **** out and make the plays.

It was easy to see that he was seething on the sidelines that whole second half.
Agreed. At some point don’t you have to change something if you’re getting worked for 295 yards by a single receiver, for example?

Coach Prime on moving forward after being up 29-0: “We have no choice but to go forward, that’s life. There’s a lot of things that go in life that are unexpected and this is one of them. We gonna take this one on the chin cause we deserve it. From youth on, I don’t remember being up 29-0 and losing. This is a little tough for me and I’m trying my best.”

There is entirely too much thinking going on with this coaching staff and it trickles down to the players. No rhythm because one players disappear and are on the bench for no reason, too many substitutions. You don't have to substitute every single play. The offensive line is just clueless
It feels like they promised all these transfers playing time and they are trying to make sure they get it or something. I’m half kidding about that, but I am at a loss for words on personnel issues. I’ve never seen anything like this series to series, game to game, week to week as has been said

yes this. got so ****ing cute, over and over. gotta learn to take what they give you and not try to dazzle. we had some matchups that were just not working. you don't just hope the guys man up and make a play. you address the matchup issues.

so so much more and frustrating.
Bro, we did not take advantage enough of Zay on the outside with 6. He was killing that man. We just didn't abuse what we needed to abuse. This is where Sean let's take what the defense gives us is stupid. Abuse where they are weak. Sean thinks like a college coach and that's where he's weak. His scheme has a lot of beauty but he doesn't make NFL level adjustments.

Not enough being said about that dummmmb personal foul by Hunter. That alone might have cost us the game.
Not declining the penalty on the previous play was almost worse. I've rarely ever seen coaches accept that penalty on 3rd down, especially so close to the goal line. They have a great kicker so even if they don't get any yards on 3rd they'd still probably get a FG. You just can't give them another play like that.

It feels like they promised all these transfers playing time and they are trying to make sure they get it or something. I’m half kidding about that, but I am at a loss for words on personnel issues. I’ve never seen anything like this series to series, game to game, week to week as has been said
Somethings going on. I don't know if it's favorites or what you said. I feel like the best players don't play.

Yeah, but what's up with our season-long vulnerability to the slant over the middle? CSU ran that all night on us too. You have to have something in your scheme to adjust to that after the fifth or sixth time they kill you with that in a game (you can't just say "well, we'll just put Hunter on the slant man"). I realize that any scheme move then open up another potential vulnerable spot...but you can't let the same play kill you more than a few times a game without adjusting to it.
CSU ran drags. Different from slants.

But to the point...they expect you to be able to cover in man in this defense. They have no intention of changing that, and they put it on the players to get it right.

He has great coaches but most of them aren't analytical. Our analytical guys are both Analysts. That means 2nd half adjustments where we will see changes but in this game. We needed them coaching instead of in the coaches box. This was is due to poor coaching.

This one should have been an easy win even when the defense ****ted on itself
I have actually run concepts where a team gets up by X points at a certain point in the game and if that team Runs the ball or Kneels down every play, then snaps with 2 seconds on the clock each time, then punts out of bounds, it is almost impossible to lose.
Our second half play calling was absolute selfish stupid hot garbage! End of story
It takes effort to help a team come back

I have actually run concepts where a team gets up by X points at a certain point in the game and if that team Runs the ball or Kneels down every play, then snaps with 2 seconds on the clock each time, then punts out of bounds, it is almost impossible to lose.
Our second half play calling was absolute selfish stupid hot garbage! End of story
It takes effort to help a team come back
My best friend said, they played the 2nd half like they already won. It's insane

Back