What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Stanford- October 13, 2023 - 8pm MT, ESPN

I said this early in the season to @Buffnik, if there is an area i want to see 2 grow in, it's game management. It's going to he critical to his career as a pro. He generally limits mistakes but managing a game is critical. Sometimes you can see your defense is getting their **** pushed in. Play to the play clock. Always just keep it all in front of you unless the defense makes a major mistake. If you see a weakness, attack it relentlessly. This is where I want to see growth from 2.

I liked a lot of what I saw from 2 that gives me hope against UCLA that I didn't see against ASU or Oregon. That said, 2 is responsible for this L. He didn't manage the game. Even if the play calling is bad, you got audible rights. **** Sean Lewis ****. Slow the game down and run the clock. That said, the biggest mistake wasn't that pick or the missed throw. It was that damn 4th and 1 where we punted it. We saw Dillingham and Lanning go for 4th downs with 1 yard and get it. We should have did that. We should have did that.

I am still pissed about that because that decision ended up killing us.

After watching a 1-4 Stanford team just pull off what they did against us (on the road no less), why would you assume we couldn't do the same with enough teams on the rest of our schedule to go bowling? Seems very defeatist.

Are you trolling or being serious? Did you not just see us give up 46 points in a half and lose to a 1-4 team? This team is NOT winning another game this year, take that to the bank

After watching a 1-4 Stanford team just pull off what they did against us (on the road no less), why would you assume we couldn't do the same with enough teams on the rest of our schedule to go bowling? Seems very defeatist.
Because their D is not going to be as bad as our D.

The game was lost on coaching decisions and it is something all coaching staffs face at some point. The decision to punt on 4th and 1 but then go for it on 4th and 3. Not attempting to eat time when on offense. Continuing substitution strategies that are leading to penalties. Sticking to certain players despite being ineffective. Issues with accepting/declining penalties. The bye week is needed for both the players and coaches to get back to basics. Sustainable success emerges from mundane tasks being done efficiently and well in any field. Relying on crunch or magic can turn out a few wins or produce a good product, however at some point it all comes crashing down. The loss was an operational failure and after those soul searching happens at every level in effective organizations. The staff needs a few eggheads alongside the hypemen. Prime is wholly unique but for individuals like that to succeed others need to ensure the base is solid.

Our D has some strengths (they are nowhere near bad like last year's was bad), but one of those strengths is creating turnovers. I don't think our D got any turnovers tonight (am I mistaken? I don't THINK they did) and that was a killer (especially at the end of the game where a turnover would have ended the game basically). I don't want say we have a classic "bend but don't break" defense, because it breaks quite a bit. But the turnovers make up for a lot of yards given up. The yardage surrendering is particularly glaring though when you don't get the turnovers to offset some of it.
We missed two picks from Ward. He dropped a pick. The next play, Travis got got for a TD.

Are you trolling or being serious? Did you not just see us give up 46 points in a half and lose to a 1-4 team? This team is NOT winning another game this year, take that to the bank
Oh I am very serious. Not another game all year? I think youre wrong. We shall see.

Also, why did we only start using Dylan Edwards towards the back half of the game when he is arguably the best player on offense?

Our D has some strengths (they are nowhere near bad like last year's was bad), but one of those strengths is creating turnovers. I don't think our D got any turnovers tonight (am I mistaken? I don't THINK they did) and that was a killer (especially at the end of the game where a turnover would have ended the game basically). I don't want say we have a classic "bend but don't break" defense, because it breaks quite a bit. But the turnovers make up for a lot of yards given up. The yardage surrendering is particularly glaring though when you don't get the turnovers to offset some of it.
Our defensive strengths are we generally are the best condition team. This might be the first game, I don't think we're.

2nd half defense, usually good at making adjustments

We create a lot of turnovers and penalties.

None of our defensive strengths happened today.

During 29-0. I didn't think we used our strengths. It was more that things that normally suck for us was good. Run stopping. Pass rush was tremendous. They struggled with our personnel adjustments.

Once the 2nd half came we struggled at what we normally struggle with and nothing that we usually do well at happened.

It was just a bad night defensively

Is he? What has he done since week.one to make you think.that? Very good situational player, but Horn, Weaver, Hunter, Harrison have all been more productive since then...and Hank is much better between the tackles.
Also, why did we only start using Dylan Edwards towards the back half of the game when he is arguably the best player on offense?

The defense is both on the players and Kelly. A lack of adjustments in the second half comes down to coaching. The inability to execute the basics like substitutions or tackling is on the players. It was clear Travis Hunter was missing a step on defense and his usage on that side of the ball in the 2nd half was baffling. It is going to be a long two weeks for the Buffs and with how angry Kelly was in-game, the defensive practics and rooms are not going to be fun places to be.

Knew CU was ****ed when the PA announcer got a flag warning, Prime's program just too undisciplined imo. Hire PA announcer as head coach

He is not a every down back. The better question is why didn't we see McCaskill in the second half?
Did he play after he had that drop? I'm asking because it seems like the coaches get a little "pull happy" when CERTAIN players make mistakes.

Like Cooper not seeing the field again after a slip. Wasn't even a mistake. Just bad luck.

I don't want to overreact, but I'm reconsidering all of my life choices right now.
Don't do that. At the end of the day, this lost sucks.

That said, 4-3 ain't the worst place to be.

We got a lot of offensive talent whenever Hunter is there out there. Makes life easy for Weaver.

Defensively, we gonna need another year. We gotta get some big boys.

Sadly, we lost this game. On to UCLA.

Fix depth, offensive interior, front 6, we should be much better.

The defense is both on the players and Kelly. A lack of adjustments in the second half comes down to coaching. The inability to execute the basics like substitutions or tackling is on the players. It was clear Travis Hunter was missing a step on defense and his usage on that side of the ball in the 2nd half was baffling. It is going to be a long two weeks for the Buffs and with how angry Kelly was in-game, the defensive practics and rooms are not going to be fun places to be.
Frankly, I hope Kelly doesn't get two weeks with the team.

Did he play after he had that drop? I'm asking because it seems like the coaches get a little "pull happy" when CERTAIN players make mistakes.

Like Cooper not seeing the field again after a slip. Wasn't even a mistake. Just bad luck.
I don't know . The personnel decisions are beyond perplexing

U just proved how liberal and dumb u r! My Mountaineers r 4-2, and dominated last nights game, only to lose on a last second hail mary! WVU is in much much better shape than Colorado right now!
Blue Steel GIF

Back