What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Stanford- October 13, 2023 - 8pm MT, ESPN

I figure at least 10 single things had to happen in the second half for Stanford to win and if only one of those didn’t happen we would’ve won. It was almost like some rare cosmic event that only happens once in a millennia.
Unfortunately it's happened to us at least three times.... In 15 years.

Going for it on 4/3 early 2H and Travis’s personal foul we’re turning points.
Definitely weird to NOT go for it on 4th and 1, then to go for it on 4th and 3.

Also shot gun power run (2x) at the goal line?! Get your jumbos in there, tighten up splits, put Wilkerson and McCaskill behind Shedeur (who is under center), and have some will and determination to cross the goal line.

Definitely weird to NOT go for it on 4th and 1, then to go for it on 4th and 3.

Also shot gun power run (2x) at the goal line?! Get your jumbos in there, tighten up splits, put Wilkerson and McCaskill behind Shedeur (who is under center), and have some will and determination to cross the goal line.
Look Up This Is It GIF by Audible

The CU offense is a One Trick Pony at the worst possible times.

What a ****show. Came back from the game and then read through this thread and went to bed.

All night, I felt the weight of this game. I felt it in my sleep, and I felt it when I was restless and awake. It just sat there. That sucked so ****ing much.

Plenty of blame to go around and plenty of credit to Stanford.

What a ****show. Came back from the game and then read through this thread and went to bed.

All night, I felt the weight of this game. I felt it in my sleep, and I felt it when I was restless and awake. It just sat there. That sucked so ****ing much.

Plenty of blame to go around and plenty of credit to Stanford.

To compound the game blues, car battery got drained tailgating and needed a post game jump, then arrived home to find one of the dogs got sick all over the carpets - took a full hour to clean up.

I agree with my inebriated self of last night. That loss sits squarely on the heads of the staff. They didn’t envision and communicate and execute a quality plan for being ahead that much. They made a bunch of high risk calls over and over in the second half. Relying on your super stars to bail you out of your bad decisions is not how you win. This will get cleaned up but it is quite a disappointment of a **** sandwich to have to consume. Learn from it and move on. There are very few p5 opponents that will not make the game interesting if you let them.

I agree with my inebriated self of last night. That loss sits squarely on the heads of the staff. They didn’t envision and communicate and execute a quality plan for being ahead that much. They made a bunch of high risk calls over and over in the second half. Relying on your super stars to bail you out of your bad decisions is not how you win. This will get cleaned up but it is quite a disappointment of a **** sandwich to have to consume. Learn from it and move on. There are very few p5 opponents that will not make the game interesting if you let them.
I was yelling for them to run the ball all second half. Not just for clock management, but for the benefit of the offense. Run the ball!

I figure at least 10 single things had to happen in the second half for Stanford to win and if only one of those didn’t happen we would’ve won. It was almost like some rare cosmic event that only happens once in a millennia.

Rare cosmic occurances that seem to happen routinely at CU. Blowing 4 touchdowns leads seems to be our forte, regardless of who the coaching staff is.

Young team, lots of hype, have not learned how to get back momentum when it has slipped away. The whole team lost focus at half-time including the coaches. Unfortunately turns off like a switch but does not turn back on that way.

Your dog probably watched the second half.
I'm glad our dogs can't figure out the TV.

I've never been so pissed off after a game. I was angrier than my husband. I felt relief at the end of the first half - no anxiety really, thinking there would hopefully be no overtime and we could get home relatively quickly. I knew - having been a CU fan for over a decade at this point - that I should never become too comfortable.

Then they totally blow it.

When we got home, I avoided all talk of CU football on all sites. Watched some cartoons just to cheer myself up.

Back