What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v UCLA - October 28, 2023 - 5.30pm MT, ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.
National exposure!!!

Excited Scott Evans GIF by NBC World Of Dance

National exposure.

Season 1 Showtime GIF by Shameless

This is probably our best chance for a win the rest of the way (I don't like the Arizona matchup even if it is at home). Team should be more focused after the bye week and the ass whooping we saw in that Stanford game. If there is ever a time to turn this thing around it is THIS GAME.

This is probably our best chance for a win the rest of the way (I don't like the Arizona matchup even if it is at home). Team should be more focused after the bye week and the ass whooping we saw in that Stanford game. If there is ever a time to turn this thing around it is THIS GAME.
I expect fUCLA to dismantle Stanford.

We have seen the same systemic problems since week 3. I would like to see the Buffs get it together, but we are pretty far along in the season to expect major changes. After seven games, I think we have a handle on who our Buffs are. Talented, cocky, undisciplined, uncoordinated on D and unable to pass or run block on O.

I remain bullish on the long term, but this season likely became a non-bowl season Friday night.

UCLA’s defense is really good. Colorado will have extreme difficulty winning this one.

It’s one of the most difficult games Colorado has left.

UCLA has played Coastal Carolina, SDSU and NC Central in their first 3 games where they gave up an average of 10 ppg. Their next three were Utah, Washington State and Oregon State where they gave up 14, 17 and 36, respectively (22/game). Utah's offense doesn't scare anybody, but their defensive performance at home against Wazzu is the most impressive, until you consider that Arizona, an average defense, just held Wazzu to 6 points IN Pullman.

UCLA ranks 37th in Pass Defense at 205 yards allowed/game
UCLA ranks 5th in Run Defense at 76 yards allowed/game

This conference is truly a week to week conference and there are no gimmies (except Stanford, that should have been a gimmie). Buffs are fortunate that they have two weeks to get healthy, learn from their mistakes, prepare for UCLA and that their strengths can take advantage of UCLA's weakness.

UCLA’s defense is really good. Colorado will have extreme difficulty winning this one.

It’s one of the most difficult games Colorado has left.
Well, we have two weeks to prepare. And I take our offense over their defense. Plus, their offense isn’t great, so our defense might not look like it’s running around with its head cut off. 🤷‍♂️

Well, we have two weeks to prepare. And I take our offense over their defense. Plus, their offense isn’t great, so our defense might not look like it’s running around with its head cut off. 🤷‍♂️
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

They ran the ball well in the one game I watched (OSU). And we can assume that the middle of the field will be open all day for them to pass.

Why would we suddenly change our defensive gameplan?

Why would we suddenly change our defensive gameplan?
I would hope that coming off a meltdown loss in which they gave up 46 points in 2H and OT that catapulted them to last in FBS in scoring defense, with two weeks to prepare they would make some adjustments to their gameplan.

UCLA is not a juggernaut offense. They have played weak competition for half their games and are averaging 29 ppg. A good gameplan can easily hold this offense to 30 or less

I would hope that coming off a meltdown loss in which they gave up 46 points in 2H and OT that catapulted them to last in FBS in scoring defense, with two weeks to prepare they would make some adjustments to their gameplan.

UCLA is not a juggernaut offense. They have played weak competition for half their games and are averaging 29 ppg. A good gameplan can easily hold this offense to 30 or less
I thought a good game plan can easily defend slant route

I thought a good game plan can easily defend slant route
They seemed to get the crossing route stuff fixed after CSU for the most part.

Look, after CSU, they got smashed by Oregon and had a bad half against SC. They played really well defensively against SC in 2H and then fairly well against ASU and really well against 1H Stanford.

As Klatt said, they are a high ceiling, very low floor team. They need to figure out how to limit that floor, defensively, to mediocre and they’ll be in every game they play the rest of the year

Looked at the schedule for that week-wow.

Georgia-Florida and that's it. Not a lot of games I'd sit down and watch.

UCLA's pass game is pretty weak. Past that, they have one of the best defenses and a very good run game. Going to need their frosh QB to make a lot of mistakes.

CSU isn't a juggernaut. Stanford was a joke on offense. TCU averaging in the mid 30s.

I'll believe this defense can stop ANY offense that doesn't put the ball on the ground 19 times when we do it. Until then, I'm going to assume UCLA and anyone else with a pulse is going to hang 40+ on us. We seem to be unable to make in-game adjustments, and refuse to manage a game with any sort of intent to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back