What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v UCLA - October 28, 2023 - 5.30pm MT, ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this maneuver be done? Give North Dakota State $1 Million and pay for their trip to Hawaii
Tough starting game, but we benefit from bigger games.
With the conference were joining, uh yeah. Were gonna need to schedule a rougher OOC schedule.

My comment was tongue in cheek.

I agree. But thats now, this year. I think the Prime hype probably does extend into the next season or two. Maybe longer if Prime drops a 10 win season soon.

But anyway.

UCLA is about to start playing a 9 conference game schedule. So they could be dropping/rescheduling one of their three OOC games (will the Buffs be in the same dilema soon?) or will they play a 12 game schedule? Anyway, Im not sure where or if they can or would fit us in. They open the season against UGa twice (ouch) and the LSU is the 2nd game once.

DATE (2024)OPPONENTLOCATION
Aug. 31at Hawai'iHonolulu, HI
Sept. 21at LSUBaton Rouge, LA
Nov. 30vs. Fresno StateRose Bowl
TBAat NebraskaLincoln, NE
TBAat Penn StateUniversity Park, PA
TBAat RutgersPiscataway NJ
TBAat WashingtonSeattle, WA
TBAvs. IndianaRose Bowl
TBAvs. IowaRose Bowl
TBAvs. MinnesotaRose Bowl
TBAvs. OregonRose Bowl
TBAvs. USCRose Bowl

DATE 2025OPPONENTLOCATION
Aug. 30GeorgiaRose Bowl
Sept. 6at UNLVLas Vegas, NV
Sept. 13New MexicoRose Bowl
TBAat IndianaBloomington, IN
TBAat Michigan StateEast Lansing, MI
TBAat NorthwesternEvanston, IL
TBAat Ohio StateColumbus, OH
TBAat USCLos Angeles, CA
TBAvs. MarylandRose Bowl
TBAvs. NebraskaRose Bowl
TBAvs. Penn StateRose Bowl
TBAvs. WashingtonRose Bowl

DATE 2026OPPONENTLOCATION
Sept. 5at GeorgiaAthens, GA
Sept. 12vs. San Diego StateRose Bowl
Sept. 19at NevadaRose Bowl
TBAat MarylandCollege Park, MD
TBAat MichiganAnn Arbor, MI
TBAat MinnesotaMinneapolis, MN
TBAvs. OregonEugene, OR
TBAvs. IllinoisRose Bowl
TBAvs. Michigan StateRose Bowl
TBAvs. PurdueRose Bowl
TBAvs. USCRose Bowl
TBAvs. WisconsinRose Bowl

Dude. Tsheck is giving you about 1/10 the grief you deserve for this demonstration of how far under the rock you've been living in re college football scheduling.

Everyone has had 12 game schedules for decades, with an occasional 13 game if you travel to Hawaii.

And the PAC has been playing a 9 game conference schedule for decades as well.

This isn't something new or unique to UCLA. The B1G and pac have been playing 9 conference games and the B12 and SEC 8. So 3 and 4 ooc games for the conferences.

You don't get a pass because "you haven't looked at UCLA's schedule."

Presumably you've looked at CU's and could maybe infer that UCLA has the same 9 conference, 3 ooc schedule as CU because, you know, they've kinda been playing in the same conference...

Dude. Tsheck is giving you about 1/10 the grief you deserve for this demonstration of how far under the rock you've been living in re college football scheduling.

Everyone has had 12 game schedules for decades, with an occasional 13 game if you travel to Hawaii.

And the PAC has been playing a 9 game conference schedule for decades as well.

This isn't something new or unique to UCLA. The B1G and pac have been playing 9 conference games and the B12 and SEC 8. So 3 and 4 ooc games for the conferences.

You don't get a pass because "you haven't looked at UCLA's schedule."

Presumably you've looked at CU's and could maybe infer that UCLA has the same 9 conference, 3 ooc schedule as CU because, you know, they've kinda been playing in the same conference...

I completely lost interest in college football. No really. Not gonna lie.

In the 1990s when I was a student I was way into it. As Ive gotten older, had a career, and had kids (now 17, 20) my time available to dedicate to watching every minute all weekend has slipped away. As CU got worse and worse the problem accelerated for me. I was also coaching a lot of youth sports with my kids which also made most all of my Saturday's spoken for until about Karl Dorell.

College football is a huge time sucker. That yard work and dinner (I do all the cooking) isnt gonna take care of itself.

Ive been to more CUMBB games then football games. I cant tell you whose won any of the last 5 heismans. Who the conference champs were for most of the major conferences. Or the bowl winners. Sorry.

I like you guys and I like the community that is this board (I think). If it wasnt for Allbuffs keeping me connected I'd probably be fully gone.

In the 1990s when I was a student I was way into it. As Ive gotten older, had a career, and had kids (now 17, 20) my time available to dedicate to watching every minute all weekend has slipped away. As CU got worse and worse the problem accelerated for me. I was also coaching a lot of youth sports with my kids which also made most all of my Saturday's spoken for until about Karl Dorell.

College football is a huge time sucker. That yard work and dinner (I do all the cooking) isnt gonna take care of itself.

Ive been to more CUMBB games then football games. I cant tell you whose won any of the last 5 heismans. Who the conference champs were for most of the major conferences. Or the bowl winners. Sorry.

I like you guys and I like the community that is this board (I think). If it wasnt for Allbuffs keeping me connected I'd probably be fully gone.
I get this. Believe it or not, I do.

But, what I don't get is then using a knowledge base that you know is absurdly outdated to make commentary on current discussion items.

GIF by Giphy QA

Have you had Miami on ignore for a while or something?
In skibum's defense, Miami's takes on CFB have always been questionable, at best, but I have never seen one as egregious as this. Being fully oblivious to basic things like how many total games are played in a season and how many conference games are played in the same conference as CU, but still being willing to insert commentary on the subject, is an entirely new level of "Miami".

i have been to several games at the rose bowl including a big CU WIN awhile back.

the stadium is huge and the acoustics are not favorable for the home team. it is hard to get it really loud and the seats are not right on top of the field like folsom. original capacity was over 100k and they never ever filled it up so they reduced it to a max of like 90k. usc does the same type of thing for their home games too but i have seen far far more people at usc than any rose bowl game. then, on top of that, they both tarp over whole sections and cap the number of seats so they can call it a sellout but they do open up more seats when demand is high.

the whole thing is kinda dumb.

the rose bowl is old and hugely inconvenient to get to from anywhere that isn't pasadena. it is hot and smoggy that far inland and entrance and exit to the game is a nightmare. i have tailgated with die hard ucla people and their method is that they go super early in the morning, set up tents and misters and stuff and then they do not break down their setup until hours after the game. they loved all those extra hours with me celebrating a CU win and making fun of the bruins.

the actual rose bowl game is fun. but ucla games at the rose bowl are pretty mediocre. not having a stadium anywhere even close to their campus sucks for them.

i am not going--- i would much rather fly to folsom and all that entails than try to make my way to pasadena.

the coliseum is so much better-- yeah it is an old **** hole too but the students can walk there and it does get loud. and it is less smoggy slightly than pasadena.

i hate visiting pasadena and cannot imagine having to live there but everyone is different.

you should all go and experience it at least once. just try to get hammered enough that you can pass out after the game and wait for the evil traffic to subside.
They reduced the capacity of the Rose Bowl to 92k in 1994, for the world cup. FIFA mandates that the field used for the final be a certain minimum width, so they took out the first few rows and raised/widened the field.

Aren't we all going to lose interest in college football anyway because we will be playing the new college football video game starting next year where we can trap ourselves in an alternative dimension where CU is a blue blood program? And in a Big 8 conference like it used to be.

As for me, I'm about done with college sports. I'll watch CU in the Big 12 next season and then after that, it just might be checking scores and reading articles and nothing else.

But yet, still so many posts.

His having experienced what I’m assuming the 2023 season will end up being, whether it’s 5-7 or 6-6, I believe that Coach Prime would have zero interest in dropping the NDSU game in favor of a game with UCLA.

NDSU, while still good, isn’t the juggernaut that it was a few years ago and arguably isn’t even the 2nd best team in the Missouri Valley Football Conference right now. And in any event it’s an easier game than UCLA would be by any estimation. Prime will go into 2024 hungry for wins and with a more informed appreciation of the path forward.

BTW, what’s in it for UCLA?

EDITED: it’s obviously the Missouri VFC, not Mountain VFC as in my earlier typo with thanks to another poster for pointing it out.

Last edited:
His having experienced what I’m assuming the 2023 season will end up being, whether it’s 5-7 or 6-6, I believe that Coach Prime would have zero interest in dropping the NDSU game in favor of a game with UCLA.

NDSU, while still good, isn’t the juggernaut that it was a few years ago and arguably isn’t even the 2nd best team in the Mountain Valley Football Conference right now. And in any event it’s an easier game than UCLA would be by any estimation. Prime will go into 2024 hungry for wins and with a more informed appreciation of the path forward.

"Mountain Valley Football Conference"?

Jesus ****, is this the thread where everyone reveals that they know NOTHING about college football despite being on this website 20 hours a day?

"Mountain Valley Football Conference"?

Jesus ****, is this the thread where everyone reveals that they know NOTHING about college football despite being on this website 20 hours a day?
Bad typing by me. Of course it’s the Missouri Valley Football Conference…too early in the AM. Oh, and with all due respect I’ve probably forgotten more about college football than you’ve ever known about it.

Last edited:

NDSU, while still good, isn’t the juggernaut that it was a few years ago and arguably isn’t even the 2nd best team in the Missouri Valley Football Conference right now. And in any event it’s an easier game than UCLA would be by any estimation. Prime will go into 2024 hungry for wins and with a more informed appreciation of the path forward.

EDITED: it’s obviously the Missouri VFC, not Mountain VFC as in my earlier typo with thanks to another poster for pointing it out.
A typo is a misplaced letter or punctuation mark, not a completely wrong word.

What is the technically correct term for when you have a disconnect between your brain and typing fingers, resulting in leaving a word out of a sentence or substituting a sound-alike word without realizing it until you re-read it later?

"Brain fart?"

Jennifer Lawrence Ok GIF

And thus continues one of the most consistant behavior patterns in Allbuffs- PAHI's baffling inability to just admit he was wrong.
I admitted I was wrong. Big ****ing deal. Tough polyester tie crowd here in the Catskills.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back