What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado versus Iowa 12/22/2017 @ 7PM BTN

Facts be facts on Tad.... 4 tourneys in 7 years..one win with somebody else's players ... .500 conf record..... if getting into the tourney every other year and going one and out is your definition of success....good for you!!! And due to the crappy product..attendance been dropping every year..

2010-11: 7,014
2011-12: 7,804
2012-13: 10,392
2013-14: 9,635
2014-15: 9,135
2015-16: 8,540
2016-17: 7,733**
Merry xmas...

Here's the main concern with this loss-I think the Oregon State game is now a must win just because of how brutal the first three weeks of league play are......we don't get Friday night, and we may be looking at a long losing streak. CSU went to Oregon and got destroyed. ASU is probably the best team in the sport right now, and would be the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament if today was bracket day. Arizona is figuring it out. UCLA and USC are both probably top four in our league right now.

should be taken as a learning season.
Find out what works and experience the season of Pac-12 basketball.
The schedule next year is reversed so team has home games coming out of the gate versus the Oregon schools.
Oregon's Altmans hasnt won in Boulder.
Be prepared for possible lumps early but the rewards down the line with be very good.

The schedule next year is reversed so team has home games coming out of the gate versus the Oregon schools.
Be prepared for possible lumps early but the rewards down the line with be very good.
Going to be more than a learning season...... could be Tad’s last. We need to get a graduate transfer big man stat for next year!

Going to be more than a learning season...... could be Tad’s last. We need to get a graduate transfer big man stat for next year!
Buffman troll, you're clearly not paying attention. This most definitely won't be Tad's last season. Not after he just brought in this group of freshman, which is, far and away the best group he has ever had.

Further, next year the Buffs won't need a grad transfer big man as they will have a big man rotation that includes:

Evan 'Big Gravy' Battey - Early reports from camp said that Battey looked like the best or second best freshman on this team, yes as good as M. Wright. Then the NCAA made a bone headed decision that forced him to red shirt. Don't expect this young man to be good, expect him to be an immediate difference maker that averages a double double.

Tory Miller - He got hurt early enough that he will receive a medical redshirt. Yes he might be able to play in europe, but that isn't a given and his family really wants him to get his degree. He isn't a star, but he will give the Buffs solid minutes and you can bet he will be motivated.

Dallas Walton - If you've watched him this year you know that he looks out of place. That is what happens to a guy who missed two years of high school ball with knee injuries and then had to red shirt last year. This young man will improve every time he gets on the floor as he clearly has some physical ability and you can't teach being taller than 7'. You can expect that he will be the most improved player on this team both next year and the year after. Every second on the court helps this young man out....oh and another off season where he add 30 pounds (again) could turn him into a monster.

Lucas Siewert - I hate saying he is a big man even though he is 6'10" as he doesn't play like it. But expect him to assert himself more as he becomes an upper classman. No he won't ever be a star but I do expect that he will be a nice roll playing big man both his junior and senior years.

Tyler Bey- His body type doesn't scream big man, but with the other bigs available for next year, Bey will be freed up to play like he should, which is a small forward that plays like a power forward. If you watched him go up against a sure fire first round pick from south dakota state then you know this guy will compete and will become a very solid player for CU.

What this means is that next year CU doesn't have to recruit a grad transfer big man. Further, with the point now held by M. Wright and the young wings on the team they just need to land the best player they can.

As it stands, I am going to love watching this team grow...now if they don't grow and look the same next year as this year...then troll away...

Whatever dude. Tad Boyle is the best coach this program has ever had-He's made the postseason every year he's been here, and all but one of those were NCAA or NIT. That record for this program is incredible. He gets a fair amount of rope still.

Not necessarily. We'll play UO/OSU here only and go to the Bay Area schools only. The order might be different.

Buffman troll, you're clearly not paying attention. This most definitely won't be Tad's last season. Not after he just brought in this group of freshman, which is, far and away the best group he has ever had.

Further, next year the Buffs won't need a grad transfer big man as they will have a big man rotation that includes:

Evan 'Big Gravy' Battey - Early reports from camp said that Battey looked like the best or second best freshman on this team, yes as good as M. Wright. Then the NCAA made a bone headed decision that forced him to red shirt. Don't expect this young man to be good, expect him to be an immediate difference maker that averages a double double.

Tory Miller - He got hurt early enough that he will receive a medical redshirt. Yes he might be able to play in europe, but that isn't a given and his family really wants him to get his degree. He isn't a star, but he will give the Buffs solid minutes and you can bet he will be motivated.

Dallas Walton - If you've watched him this year you know that he looks out of place. That is what happens to a guy who missed two years of high school ball with knee injuries and then had to red shirt last year. This young man will improve every time he gets on the floor as he clearly has some physical ability and you can't teach being taller than 7'. You can expect that he will be the most improved player on this team both next year and the year after. Every second on the court helps this young man out....oh and another off season where he add 30 pounds (again) could turn him into a monster.

Lucas Siewert - I hate saying he is a big man even though he is 6'10" as he doesn't play like it. But expect him to assert himself more as he becomes an upper classman. No he won't ever be a star but I do expect that he will be a nice roll playing big man both his junior and senior years.

Tyler Bey- His body type doesn't scream big man, but with the other bigs available for next year, Bey will be freed up to play like he should, which is a small forward that plays like a power forward. If you watched him go up against a sure fire first round pick from south dakota state then you know this guy will compete and will become a very solid player for CU.

What this means is that next year CU doesn't have to recruit a grad transfer big man. Further, with the point now held by M. Wright and the young wings on the team they just need to land the best player they can.

As it stands, I am going to love watching this team grow...now if they don't grow and look the same next year as this year...then troll away...

Not pac 12 bigs......... you’ll regret your comments.

I share your concern about bigs in the future, but just like it's too early to say we're fine next season (have yet to see Battey in a game, and it's not 100% sure Miller comes back to the team), it's also completely premature to say we have NO PAC 12 bigs. There is the chance that we're very good next season.

I think everyone, including you, would be extremely surprised if Tad was out after this year, which was known as a rebuilding season.

Welcome to the board - hope you bring some good insights, cheer on our Buffs, and critique FAIRLY - not the arrogant, pessimistic, ignorant, bull **** criticisms that we already have by a few of the posters. Go Buffs!

Interesting take and true for some of the guys. Siewert will never be a traditional PAC12 big...but because of his range he can compete if he gets just a bit tougher and more assertive. Miller will never be PAC12 starter quality...however, he already is PAC12 sub quality and he will remain that. Walton is more athletic than most PAC12 bigs...he just has so little court time and boy does it show. Will he develop? Who knows, but I have seen enough to know he deserves the chance to try. Bey was compared to Andre Roberson by the coach for a reason and while short (just like Roberson), he will do just fine against the PAC. Sure I don't expect him to be a star his freshman year...but he will compete...by next year. I expect much more. Then there is Battey...I've seen three practices now (Not much I know), but each and every time two guys jumped out....M. Wright and Battey...Wright has shown this in games already and Battey will show it next year, early and often. I think both are next level players, not just PAC level players (Thus the reason coach was so pissed when the NCAA made that stupid decision).

Here's the main concern with this loss-I think the Oregon State game is now a must win just because of how brutal the first three weeks of league play are

Honestly, I think everyone needs to be prepared for an 0-6 start to conference play. The good news is that the schedule gets quite a bit easier after that. Getting the Washington's at home will help, two auto losses in road trips to Arizona and then we get a nice homestand in which we should be able to pull some wins out.

7-11 or 8-10 is a good goal for the season IMO.

Honestly, I think everyone needs to be prepared for an 0-6 start to conference play. The good news is that the schedule gets quite a bit easier after that. Getting the Washington's at home will help, two auto losses in road trips to Arizona and then we get a nice homestand in which we should be able to pull some wins out.

again? no, **** that. 0-6 start in Pac play didn't work out for us last year -- we should do something different this time.

Geez, how do you be a huge fan of Buff hoops and still be realistic? We’re not that good this season and josh Scott isn’t coming back next season. We need a productive big man that can compete in the PAC 12. We have a scholly left for next year and i’ll Be surprised if we use it on Miller. Do we look for a graduate transfer? How do we get us in a position to help our excellent guards? We’ll be better with losing Dom and Tory, but Dallas is fragile and Siewert would rather avoid contact. We need an upgrade at a critical position.

I agree with this assessment...only realistic chance for a win is Oregon State.

Ummmm I don't see anything better than 2-4 to start. That's OSU and then an upset over an Arizona school here next week most likely. This would also be a year where the CBI would make a lot of sense....given the amount of freshmen on this team.

Ummmm I don't see anything better than 2-4 to start. That's OSU and then an upset over an Arizona school here next week most likely. This would also be a year where the CBI would make a lot of sense....given the amount of freshmen on this team.

I'd be ECSTATIC with 2-4 to start. No hyperbole. You can legitimately argue that we play the five best teams (and OSU) in the conference in our first six games. And the Zonas are #1 and #2 and they're the only home games.We somehow pull off 2-4 and we have an outside shot of going .500 in conference play.

I'd be ECSTATIC with 2-4 to start. No hyperbole. You can legitimately argue that we play the five best teams (and OSU) in the conference in our first six games. And the Zonas are #1 and #2 and they're the only home games.We somehow pull off 2-4 and we have an outside shot of going .500 in conference play.

I think we all would be. As far as ASU, I think they're as good as the ranking they have would say they are, but they're going to have an off night and drop one to somebody they shouldn't. Root for them to beat UA Saturday.

Coming into the season thought buffs would be where they are. Lost opportunity when Wake Forest spit the bit in Paradise tournament. Thought they could open conference season at best 2-4 but that was before ASU exploded out of the gate. There was always going to be learning pains aka losses. Patience is required by fans players and coaching staff. The recruiting class isn't Kentucky or Duke where instantaneous success is expected. This team will need time and Tad as well. The pieces are there in MW DS DW EB TB and with experience will take program where it needs to go

Back