What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs Arizona

Gotta like that we pulled out the win with Roberson not playing well. Students were awesome (didn't sit in the student section, had these nice seats below) but the rest of the crowd needs to pick it up.

attachment

The Keg was rockin' ... most impressed with a crowd since the Chauncey heydays. Seemed like there were an awful lot of AZ fans .... maybe because most of them were sitting in front of us in the GA section. But other than their obnoxious "U of A" cheer (a blatant ripoff of the "USA" Olympic cheer), most of them seemed very cool, and a couple of them congratulated us on a fine win with fist bumps.

I REALLY like the way this team plays ... yeah, lots of mistakes, but they're young, most of them anyway. And Nate drives me nuts ... plays with a lot of heart and grit, but just seems to space out when passing at crucial moments. Yet I think overall he's still an asset to this team.

In short ... with the renewed enthusiasm surrounding this program (especially the students ... major props to them today) ... the great attendance ... and the young talent (with even more coming in next year), I am VERY excited about the future of CU hoops.

Zona tv announcers that I was stuck with gave lots of props to the crowd at the Keg. Said they thought Tad was doing a great job and that I has the chance to become a really good rivalry. They said there were 400 AZ fans and that most of them spent time at a local establishment (guess it was the Dark Horse based on comments from Nik and others) getting ready for the game. The tv announcers were obviously AZ homers but they did have a few nice things to say about the crowd and Tad.

Zona tv announcers that I was stuck with gave lots of props to the crowd at the Keg. Said they thought Tad was doing a great job and that I has the chance to become a really good rivalry. They said there were 400 AZ fans and that most of them spent time at a local establishment (guess it was the Dark Horse based on comments from Nik and others) getting ready for the game. The tv announcers were obviously AZ homers but they did have a few nice things to say about the crowd and Tad.

Disagree.....I thought they were complete homers (as they should have been, since it was basically a local broadcast). I muted them within 30 seconds.

I agree that they sucked on their call of the game but I was impressed that they at least had a few good things to say and seemed to think that CU / AZ might become a good basketball rivalry.

They also spent time laughing about the sign in the student section about effects of playing at altitude and wondered how "pregnancy" ended up on that list. Great sign by the way! Rep to whoever created it!

They said there were 400 AZ fans and that most of them spent time at a local establishment (guess it was the Dark Horse based on comments from Nik and others) getting ready for the game.

I stopped in to the DH around 1:30 or so on my way to the game, and was amazed that most of those there seemed to be wearing AZ attire.

It was amusing to see how many of them went into the wrong restroom (how Dave Tobin doesn't get sued still amazes me) ... but I graciously assisted a couple of comely Wildcat fans towards the correct facility after they interrupted my pissing. Whatever ... a good time was had by all. :lol:

I stopped in to the DH around 1:30 or so on my way to the game, and was amazed that most of those there seemed to be wearing AZ attire.

It was amusing to see how many of them went into the wrong restroom (how Dave Tobin doesn't get sued still amazes me) ... but I graciously assisted a couple of comely Wildcat fans towards the correct facility after they interrupted my pissing. Whatever ... a good time was had by all. :lol:
First time I went to the DH I went to the wrong bathroom and was told so mid-stream.

The announcers were awful. Muted once they told Ski that he "couldn't bring Kool-Aid to a gin party".

Nice win. Arizona definitely has that "name", so the Pac12 will take notice. Just shocking that we beat Arizona with Roberson not scoring a single point. Brown put the team on his shoulders with 19 and 6 rebounds, and The Mayor and Dufault played major rolls as well with 13 and 12, respectively. Askia was a decent spark off the bench with 9. Arizona abused us on the offensive glass and outrebounded us overall, but after getting outhustled in the first half the Buffs were able to turn the tide and get scrappy in the second. Have to get more consistent with the FT's, we're lucky those didn't cost us tonight. 60% FT's isn't usually going to get you a win over an opponent like Zona.

It'd be nice to see them do something like Duke or NCState does where the student section extends all the way around the court in the first 5-10 rows but doubt they would do that.

I suggested that to Bohn about 5 years ago when I was a student. He dodged the question a little and said 'if we get support like this (it was a student sellout), maybe it's an option to put the students on the floor"

Bohn runs a clean AD that is fiscally responsible, but by no means is he a visionary or a dynamic leader ...

First time I went to the DH I went to the wrong bathroom and was told so mid-stream.

haha. I swear you haven't lived in Boulder if you haven't pulled the wrong bathroom stunt at the Dark Horse.

I suggested that to Bohn about 5 years ago when I was a student. He dodged the question a little and said 'if we get support like this (it was a student sellout), maybe it's an option to put the students on the floor"

Bohn runs a clean AD that is fiscally responsible, but by no means is he a visionary or a dynamic leader ...

Let's see the student section as-is packed and rowdy at all of our home games for a full season and this might be something to consider. They were great at this week's games, but there have been a lot of games this year that haven't been that well attended by the students. Giving the students the entire section they are in now, plus floor seats is a big ask if half of those seats are empty at half the games. The loss of revenue alone would be a tough pill to swallow.

Great game. The AD definitely put a lot of effort into this game. I think this was the first bball game I've been to where the band/cheerleaders were on the court pre-game. Great crowd. Still didn't seem like a sell-out tho.

My thoughts from the game:

This was the first game I remember we gave up fewer points in the second half than the first. Lately we've been holding teams to the 20s in the first half, then they double that in the second. Loved the Defensive adjustment to their pick and roll. A+

Nate Tomlinson had a great game. Very smart on the court, I was impressed when he drew that foul to get a 1-1 (which he of course missed the front end of). He proved yet again he shouldn't be in any close game in the last 1.5 minutes though. Still, I thought it was his best game of the year. Great passes, that wraparound to SHT was awesome. That +1 was awesome. From a Nate hater, good job.

Carlon Brown looked like Kobe out there sometimes. Step back jumper was sick. Dufault also played man basketball tonight. I put these two together because they both got travelling calls on step through shots that I thought were great. The refs must have been told to look out for that, cause I feel like they both had at least 2 of those, and I thought all of them were clean. Am I wrong?

I don't tend to bag on the refs, because refs are never good, but didn't Andre get hacked going up for that Alley-oop?

I get the SHT hate. That rim rattling air ball was Lol. I don't think the ball even made it up to the rim, much less over. I actually thought he played ok (for him). He actually got some rebounds, including a few he had to fight for. I don't quite get why a 6-11 guy has to fight for enemy missed FTs, but that's for another day. Thought he got pushed in the back on his wide open layup attempt (Hella good pass from Brown btw). He still spent plenty of time bent over looking at the guy that just ripped the ball from him, but hey...that's SHT. I thought he should have drawn a charge near the end of the game when he got called for a foul. He was in there, he spelled Austin. He didn't get beat too badly defending the post. Hold your head up buddy (maybe go for the layup next time)

Tad Boyle is hilarious to watch during the game. That guy might have an aneurysm someday. The first "travelling" call against Austin I think, Tad was almost at the free throw line yelling at the ref. something happened in the first half and Ski was upset, Tad pushed him HARD into their huddle. From my point of view, I thought maybe he threw the kid. Not gonna lie, I L.O.V.E. that passion, nohomo.

Free throw shooting was....less than average. Could have cost us the game.

Crowd was great! Loud! Even the Arizona fans were pretty loud. I especially liked their "nice shot buddy!" after missed FTs. Got to hear that plenty tonight. :facepalm:But the keg was rocking.

Only disappointing thing other than the FTs for me was the Arizona co-ed talent. I saw one hot girl. One. I thought Arizona was full of hotties. Letdown.

Only disappointing thing other than the FTs for me was the Arizona co-ed talent. I saw one hot girl. One. I thought Arizona was full of hotties. Letdown.

There's so many hotties in the CU student section it isn't even funny.

how did Sean Miller (Arizona coach) not get a technical in the 1st half. He was on the court several times when CU had the ball on offense, once a CU player almost ran into him taking it from the corner back to mid-court.

Tomlinson came extremely close to ****ing everything up in the last minute by throwing a lazy pass that looked like he was casually tossing a beach ball. He's done this multiple times over the years in situations like this. Overall it was an okay game for him.

In addition to the dunk debacle, SHT let a guy beat him for a board that was almost a foot smaller than him, but his 5 rebounds is a start considering he had no rebounds against ASU.

The big disappointment tonight was obviously Andre having 0 points. Was hoping we were past this. 0/8 from the field, 0/2 from line. Yet somehow we beat Arizona. Go figure.

It seems like every game there is a player who has a subpar game. Dufault one game, Brown another, and now Roberson.

Not saying anything bad about the players (before anyone starts shooting). It just seems a bit odd. I can't imagine what the team would be like if the players, particularly the ones that the team relies on heavily, all had solid outings.

It seems like every game there is a player who has a subpar game. Dufault one game, Brown another, and now Roberson.

Not saying anything bad about the players (before anyone starts shooting). It just seems a bit odd. I can't imagine what the team would be like if the players, particularly the ones that the team relies on heavily, all had solid outings.

I'm starting to think that our "A Game" might be the best in the conference. We just haven't seen it yet.

Happy with the win but looked like we tried to give it away. ****ing sick of the ft bull****, gotta be fixed, already cost us a few games this year and lucky it didnt cost us this one. SHT, geez man. He would have shocked the world with that dunk but nooooo. I was actually surprised he even tried to dunk and I hope I never see it again lol.

Saving that for the NCAA tourney run. Yeah. I said it.

Back