What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conference Auto-Bid & Bubble Watch

And of course things are falling perfectly for KU to win the Big 12 tournament. Texas Tech lost yesterday so they didn't have to play them and then KSU lost tonight so if KU holds on tonight they'll only have to beat the 5-seed ISU tomorrow night in the championship game.

Lakes get good again and I’ll up my nba game. Close the refrigerator door because the jello is jiggling.

Great news from the computer ranks this morning.

CU improved to #67 from #68 on NET with the loss. It really pays to play good teams in this system.

Today is all about seeing 1-seeds win in the mid-major tourneys so that the NIT at-large field doesn't shrink.

9:00 1 Vermont vs 3 UMBC in America East Final (ESPN2)
10:30 1 Harvard vs 4 Penn in Ivy Semi-Final (ESPNU)
11:00 1 Norfolk State vs 3 NC Central in MEAC Final (ESPN2)
2:00 1 Georgia State vs 4 Texas State in Sun Belt Semi-Final (ESPN+)
4:00 1 Prairie View vs 2 TX Southern in SWAC Final (ESPNU)
5:30 1 Buffalo vs 3 Bowling Green in MAC Final (ESPN2)
6:00 1 Montana vs 3 E Washington in Big Sky Final (ESPNU)
6:30 1 Old Dominion vs 2 W Kentucky in C-USA Final (CBSSN)
8:00 1 NM State vs 3 Grand Canyon in WAC Final (ESPNU)
10:00 1 UC Irvine vs 3 Cal State Fullerton in Big West Final (ESPN2)

Norfolk folded like a cheap suit in the 2nd half. Thanks for that. Assholes.

I have been critical of the Buffs this year and of the PAC12 as a conference but let me say this right now.

If 100 out of the roughly 347 "Division 1" teams are going to post season tourneys (NCAA and NIT, not counting the pay to play things like the CBI) and this Buffs team isn't one of the 100 the system is broken.

I understand that each conference is going to get an auto-bid, even the ones that hope the team they send keeps the score within 35 points. But then you get a situation where the regular season champ of one of those conferences loses in the conference tourney and gets kicked straight into the NIT, also to go lose by 35 in the first round.

Kind of a rant but pointing out either how ridiculous the selection process is or how ridiculous it is that we even call some of these conferences division I.

Princeton was down by 12 to Yale at the half but is now up by 3 with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd. Good game.

I have been critical of the Buffs this year and of the PAC12 as a conference but let me say this right now.

If 100 out of the roughly 347 "Division 1" teams are going to post season tourneys (NCAA and NIT, not counting the pay to play things like the CBI) and this Buffs team isn't one of the 100 the system is broken.

I understand that each conference is going to get an auto-bid, even the ones that hope the team they send keeps the score within 35 points. But then you get a situation where the regular season champ of one of those conferences loses in the conference tourney and gets kicked straight into the NIT, also to go lose by 35 in the first round.

Kind of a rant but pointing out either how ridiculous the selection process is or how ridiculous it is that we even call some of these conferences division I.
No argument with your logic, other than to point out that any Buff failure to make a tournament would have been very different if they had scheduled 3 tough teams in OOC. No matter the record would have dropped to 18-15 assuming 3 losses. And while it hurts us Now i really like the requirement to play tough teams rather than pad the record and get 20 wins.

No argument with your logic, other than to point out that any Buff failure to make a tournament would have been very different if they had scheduled 3 tough teams in OOC. No matter the record would have dropped to 18-15 assuming 3 losses. And while it hurts us Now i really like the requirement to play tough teams rather than pad the record and get 20 wins.

Agree with you that had we scheduled tougher, even medium tough and gone 1-2/2-1 we would likely be in.

Point is though that the teams we are getting dinged for playing are the same ones that the minor conference auto qualifiers played all season to get their bids.

Norfolk folded like a cheap suit in the 2nd half. Thanks for that. Assholes.
That’s not really fair. They held NCCU scoreless for the last 4 minutes while chipping in 5 points of their own. Unfortunately they needed 8.

Last edited:
Prairie View wins the SWAC title-so that helps. Montana has dug themselves a 12 point hole early in the Big Sky title game.

Back