What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conspiracy theory #1

Huge difference in what gets said in the formal discussions and gets talked about over a drink in the hotel bar or over eggs and bacon at breakfast. Plenty of opportunity to get messages across.

If you don't think that the NCAA is a purely political organization then you haven't been watching how they do things for years.

So what types of things do you think Beebe might say to the other committee members? And do you really think that they wouldnt be aware of the fact that he might have a personal vendetta against CU?

One thing I would like to know -- what is the PAYOUT to teams in the NCAA tournament?

If a team goes out on the 1st day -- how much $$ does the school get?

If a team goes to the sweet 16 -- how much $$ does the school get?

Final Four?

One thing I would like to know -- what is the PAYOUT to teams in the NCAA tournament?

If a team goes out on the 1st day -- how much $$ does the school get?

If a team goes to the sweet 16 -- how much $$ does the school get?

Final Four?

Saw in an article about the UNC Bears and how they will actually lose money on the deal....Get $1 million for making the tourney (which is then split between the conference) and then I believe $100,000 more if they win and get a 2nd game...not sure if it differs by seed or something of that nature though

http://mehbub.com/?p=1064

It used to be about $250K per round that you got to but that was a number of years ago, so I'm sure it's different now.

So what types of things do you think Beebe might say to the other committee members? And do you really think that they wouldnt be aware of the fact that he might have a personal vendetta against CU?

They don't want to fight against Beebe and they have no problem fighting against CU. Is it so hard to understand? Have you ever seen any politics crap before?

Besides Beebe, one of them is former coach at USC. Enough said

They don't want to fight against Beebe and they have no problem fighting against CU. Is it so hard to understand? Have you ever seen any politics crap before?

Besides Beebe, one of them is former coach at USC. Enough said

2 graduated from Note Dame (they're not happy about the late 80's early 90's). And one is a woman who is the former k-state coach - probably still mad about the rape of our female player, and the triple raping of their basketball team this year.

GTFO with that weak shiznit. We finished 5th in the Big 12 and made it to the conference semi finals. We beat KSU three times, twice in Kansas. We beat Missouri, ranked #9 at the time. We beat Texas, who was ranked #3 at the time. We played a plenty tough schedule thank you very much. One helluva lot tougher than Virginia Commonwealth, UAB, etc.
there are 343 teams in D1a.... you played the 325 worst ooc schedule. i dont give a **** who you beat, play an even average ooc and you were in. cu got what they deserved.

go shockers.

there are 343 teams in D1a.... you played the 325 worst ooc schedule. i dont give a **** who you beat, play an even average ooc and you were in. cu got what they deserved.

go shockers.

Who you play OOC doesn't have a ****ing thing to do with how good you are. Who you beat does...

And do you realize how completely ridiculous for a fusker to criticize ANYBODY's non conference schedule in any sport???

USC finishes 19-15.

What an embarrassment.

While everyone yells and screams about UAB and VCU, there was no way USC deserved to even get a Dayton bid.

USC finishes 19-15.

What an embarrassment.

While everyone yells and screams about UAB and VCU, there was no way USC deserved to even get a Dayton bid.

The most embarrasing part is that they gave up the end of the game. Down by 10 with 1:30 left and they wouldnt even foul. Then they get the ball and there pg just dribbles at half court until time runs out. Not even a shot. They must not have seen the end of the Miami/UVA game in the ACC tourney. I cant believe that we got left out for a team that gives a half-ass effort like that.

go shockers.
Amazing how you are now a Shocker fan, understandable with the embarasment that your beloved Huskers presented tonight, typical classy Fusker. Criticize other schools for OOC schedule and ignore the joke of a OOC the huskers normally play in football. Support the teams win or well pretend like they don't matter when they lose.

go shockers.

Ooops. you aren't green anymore. Guess the fuskers got what they deserved.

Amazing how you are now a Shocker fan, understandable with the embarasment that your beloved Huskers presented tonight, typical classy Fusker. Criticize other schools for OOC schedule and ignore the joke of a OOC the huskers normally play in football. Support the teams win or well pretend like they don't matter when they lose.

The huskers play a weaker ooc than CU and neither team deserved to get in. I am a CU fan in hoops (Creighton) and LOVED Doc Sadler getting his arse kicked by the shockers. All BCS schools are a joke in their ivory towers.... the mid majors get jobbed the last three years especially.... what more do we need to see, Butler was in the final last year. Lets see a BCS school go to Omaha or wichita or peoria during the ooc. Until proven otherwise the BCS schools are pussies.

The huskers play a weaker ooc than CU and neither team deserved to get in. I am a CU fan in hoops (Creighton) and LOVED Doc Sadler getting his arse kicked by the shockers. All BCS schools are a joke in their ivory towers.... the mid majors get jobbed the last three years especially.... what more do we need to see, Butler was in the final last year. Lets see a BCS school go to Omaha or wichita or peoria during the ooc. Until proven otherwise the BCS schools are pussies.

how about going to harvard?

That might be. But it does NOTHING to reduce the relevance of wins against the likes of UT, KjSU (3x), Mizzou, etc. The whole OOC strength of schedule argument is a red herring used to try to justify including teams that haven't beaten anybody all year over teams that have. And red herrings, like anything else red, suck.

The huskers play a weaker ooc than CU and neither team deserved to get in. I am a CU fan in hoops (Creighton) and LOVED Doc Sadler getting his arse kicked by the shockers.

I am shocked -- SHOCKED -- to see a Nebraska football fan who cheers for a different team in basketball.

Come to think of it, has anyone ever met a Nebraska football fan who isn't a Creighton/Kansas/Duke/UNC fan in basketball? I honestly haven't.

I am shocked -- SHOCKED -- to see a Nebraska football fan who cheers for a different team in basketball.

Come to think of it, has anyone ever met a Nebraska football fan who isn't a Creighton/Kansas/Duke/UNC fan in basketball? I honestly haven't.

By brother-in-law. He's an exception in a lot of ways, though. Typical of Nub fans, he is from Nebraska, grew up on a far, and did not go to Nebraska. Not typically, he got a college degree, hasn't lived in Nebraska since his first job, is an executive with a big company on the east coast, and he DVRs every Nub men's sports broadcast he can pick up on satellite (football, basketball, baseball).

I actually like him and can watch a game with him without wanting to punch him in the throat.

By brother-in-law. He's an exception in a lot of ways, though. Typical of Nub fans, he is from Nebraska, grew up on a far, and did not go to Nebraska. Not typically, he got a college degree, hasn't lived in Nebraska since his first job, is an executive with a big company on the east coast, and he DVRs every Nub men's sports broadcast he can pick up on satellite (football, basketball, baseball).

I actually like him and can watch a game with him without wanting to punch him in the throat.

Wanna trade families? My mom's whole side of the family is full of Nebraska fans. By God, only one of them actually went to the school, but they all are die-hards. And by that, I mean they're you're typical lowest common denominator Nub fan. Although since I made my cousin's husband cry, I haven't had to go to any family reunions, so that's nice.

Wanna trade families? My mom's whole side of the family is full of Nebraska fans. By God, only one of them actually went to the school, but they all are die-hards. And by that, I mean they're you're typical lowest common denominator Nub fan. Although since I made my cousin's husband cry, I haven't had to go to any family reunions, so that's nice.

Rep for making a fusker cry.

Dammit rep gun out of bullets.

Rep for making a fusker cry.

Dammit rep gun out of bullets.

Imitation fusker, so I'm not sure it counts. Dude was trying to talk smack to me about CU the day after Nebraska gave up 70 to Texas Tech. Not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Back