What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU AD: We "probably built the best stadium in America"

The capacity is technically 41k, although it only has 36,500 actual seats and 10,000 of those are students. So there are actually only 26,500 available seats for purchase and there are 4500 standing room only "seats".

As to your other questions, the answer appears to be "they won't" to both.
The bonds will get repaid even if taxpayers have to pay them.

200.gif

it looks nice. it isn't fair to compare it to the p5. they don't have the cash to compete in the arms race. i am sure they will do fine amongst their peer institutions. it is cute that they are so excited.

and of course i will be watching-- 2 opponents on the schedule.

after we beat them 55-10, i won't think much about them unless they are negatively impacting our SOS as we march toward glory.
This.

It's a nice stadium and lightyears better than the sewer plant they had. As annoying as goats can be, I'm happy for them and am willing to bite my tongue and let them enjoy their five minutes.

It's a vast improvement over what they had. I'm glad they got this done. I just hope they can pay for it. I will enjoy watching CU beat the ever living crap out of them in their new digs. New digs that won't really be that new once we actually play there.

Small capacity but IMO a pretty cool stadium actually. The video is lame though.

Great stadium for them - new, not too big. Doesn't look intimidating at all and everything looks like it is going to be outdated in about 6 months, but so much better than what they had.

Whomever made that video and chose that music for it should be fired.

decent Mountain West Conference stadium -
architecturally speaking is kind of meh .. lots of concrete ..nothing really says to me "that's cool"
parking is going to be a massive problem but for those walking from dorms it's going to be nice..
certainly not a ticket to the P5

parking is going to be a massive problem

When I drove by that stadium there were at least two brand new parking garages that had at least 1,000 parking spots each. There might be one or two more that I missed on campus. They also got the MAX BRT that is Fort Collins' "light rail".

They'll handle parking the same way we do and spread it out throughout the campus. Parking isn't going to be an issue for them. Filling the stadium will be a much bigger challenge.

They'll handle parking the same way we do and spread it out throughout the campus. Parking isn't going to be an issue for them. Filling the stadium will be a much bigger challenge.

This,

Empty seats don't require a lot of parking.

Back