What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU class Holy ****

I want CSU fans to remain confident. Nothing worse than going to a rivalry game where the other teams fans have no confidence and basically say "We know you're gonna kill us." When I was at Fairview, Boulder high fans would do that before almost every game we played them in football or bball, of course they were right, but it took the juice out of the rivalry.

Paraphrasing here but... recruiting rankings don't matter. See... look at this list of 6 guys over the last 15 years who weren't highly touted and went on to the NFL

Paraphrasing here but... recruiting rankings don't matter. See... look at this list of 6 guys over the last 15 years who weren't highly touted and went on to the NFL

That is what would concern my about McElwain and reminds me of Hawk. He is kind of striking me as a guy who thinks that he can coach almost any players to success, so that recruiting is not as important. But, we will see what he does with a full season.

The difference might be that Hawkins couldn't coach a lick. Any ability to coach makes McElwain vastly superior to Hawkins, no matter the rhetoric.

Concur that comparisons between Hawk and McElwain are unfair. I suspect that McElwain will coach up his limited talent and prove to be a good coach for CSU.

I want CSU fans to remain confident. Nothing worse than going to a rivalry game where the other teams fans have no confidence and basically say "We know you're gonna kill us." When I was at Fairview, Boulder high fans would do that before almost every game we played them in football or bball, of course they were right, but it took the juice out of the rivalry.

We knew you cheated and that we were superior in every other way. Sorry.

Only if he'd finished it with the word "flour".

tee hee. The flour and wet-spot jokes never get old.

You guys are gonna give GiA a boner.

It hasn't happened in over 110 pages, what makes you think it'll happen now?

What are you talking about? The Afghans are the good guys, you know, until the guy you're standing guard with turns and shoots you.

Not too many Afghans north of the Red River. More worried about getting hit by a pickemup truck with duct tape.

CSU fans trash CU,embree,EB and any other former player. **** csu,anyone who wishes csu well can suck it. They are the WORST FANS ON THE PLANET. They've never won anything but talk like they are an sec team.**** them and their goat ****ing asses.

Last edited:
Hell, I hate Buff fans after reading this site for a few days.

To add to what Walrus said:

I could really do without the personal attacks, either about our rivals or fellow buff fans. It adds nothing, and just dilutes the quality of the site.

Criticism, based upon facts, adds something. So too, pointing out people's inconsistency or hypocrisy, but saying "** them, is childish, not to mention unhealthy.

CSU fans trash CU,embree,EB and any other former player. **** csu,anyone who wishes csu well can suck it. They are the WORST FANS ON THE PLANET. They've never won anything but talk like they are an sec team.**** them and their goat ****ing asses.

That's rep-worth **** right there!

I could really do without the personal attacks, either about our rivals or fellow buff fans. It adds nothing, and just dilutes the quality of the site.

Criticism, based upon facts, adds something. So too, pointing out people's inconsistency or hypocrisy, but saying "** them, is childish, not to mention unhealthy.

Yes, I believe you mentioned that in your 15th post. For the record I was talking about you in my previous post.

pabuff approves this post.

What's a two letter curse word? And where is the other quotation? Depending on where it is really changes the meaning of your post, which brings into question the healthiness of pointing out people's inconsistency or hypocrisy.

**** you

I agree a bit that star ranking don't matter as much as some think but they do have an impact on teams. Looking at rivals top 5 or 10 recruiting classes and yeah those teams are going to be good. I think just a handful of coaches out there that can coach up a 2 star player to a 4 star player. I think CSU is going to have a rough season next year, will be interesting if McElwain can turn it around. I do think if he does turn it around he will leave Ft. Collins in a heartbeat. I don't see McElwain staying in a Non-Automatic Qualifying Conference if he starts winning. That and I don't think people in Ft. Collins give a **** about CSU these days. Isn't there Mens BB team doing ok? And I am hearing 4k people showing up to watch them and that stadium is on campus!

Their MBB team has a better shot at the tourny than we do, and yes, they only got 4k to the game. 'Captain Jack' as they refer to their douchey AD has a lot of work to do.

You would think between Ft. Collins and Loveland they could get more people up there watching. On the other hand anyone that doesn't hate themselves really dislikes driving in Ft. Collins these days. Traffic is terrible up there or so I have been told. I think the last time I was in Ft. Collins was 2004 :lol:

I agree a bit that star ranking don't matter as much as some think but they do have an impact on teams. Looking at rivals top 5 or 10 recruiting classes and yeah those teams are going to be good. I think just a handful of coaches out there that can coach up a 2 star player to a 4 star player. I think CSU is going to have a rough season next year, will be interesting if McElwain can turn it around. I do think if he does turn it around he will leave Ft. Collins in a heartbeat. I don't see McElwain staying in a Non-Automatic Qualifying Conference if he starts winning. That and I don't think people in Ft. Collins give a **** about CSU these days. Isn't there Mens BB team doing ok? And I am hearing 4k people showing up to watch them and that stadium is on campus!

Where this class is going to hurt them is 3-4 years down the road when the guys signed this year would be expected to step up and be the foundation of the team. They graduated some key players this year but much of their team from last year returns. Of course coming off of consecutive 3-9 seasons with utter collapse the second half of the season that may not be a good thing.

They have a huge hill to climb. Even if McElwain turns out to be a solid coach just when they are starting to build momentum this class steps in making maintaining it that much harder.

Back