What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU going bankrupt? lolno

Last couple blurbs then I am done for the night

Graham: We want to raise money thought giving and naming rights, and minimize the use of debt. If we use debt, it will be paid for through very stable streams so the university won't be on the hook to make up the difference.

Graham: "We are not the least bit interested in engaging in a nuclear arms race..." against other universities, but CSU does need to compete.

Graham: we still haven't looked at annexing a hotel to the stadium, although that remains something under consideration.

Stadium seating: 42,806, including 30,000 bench seats, along with open plazas and terraces.
fb_share2.png

Populous is proposing a wide variety of premium seating options, as well as an alumni center, a recruiting lounge and "closing room" for "special recruits" and a bookstore.

NCBR:
Populous: Baseline stadium budget: $228m. Offsite utilities: $15m. Street/intersection improvements: $2.4m. #CSUStadium [via Twitter]
fb_share2.png

KellyLyell:
IKON says pure hard cost of proposed#CSUstadium would be about $160M. Total cost would be about $228M. [via Twitter]

$50K-1.5MM......a bit of a range there.
50k was from Okie State where T Boone pickens doesn't allow it for anything besides football and I believe the $1.5million was from Minnesota who uses it 300+ times a year.

I believe the figure they said for CSU was 278x a year and $500k

ok... let me try it this way....

OMG.... you cant get CSU fans to buy 50% of thier ticket allotment for the game in Denver. Denver is CSU's biggest alumni base. what makes you think you can get an average attendence at a new stadium in Ft Collins in upwards of 40K?

thanks for your response.

50k was from Okie State where T Boone pickens doesn't allow it for anything besides football and I believe the $1.5million was from Minnesota who uses it 300+ times a year.

I believe the figure they said for CSU was 278x a year and $500k

Thanks for clarifying.

50k was from okie state where t boone pickens doesn't allow it for anything besides football and i believe the $1.5million was from minnesota who uses it 300+ times a year.

I believe the figure they said for csu was 278x a year and $500k

ramtard

EDIT: name me an outdoor venue in Colorado that has ever been used more than "100x" in one year? Coors Field? nope. Invesco? nope. And you are proposing that a stadium in FoCo will break 278 days out of 365? I don't believe the travelling brother ****ing sister circus comes around that often. And even if it does, your sister said they don't perform in the snow.

Last edited:
ramtard

EDIT: name me an outdoor venue in Colorado that has ever been used more than "100x" in one year? Coors Field? nope. Invesco? nope. And you are proposing that a stadium in FoCo will break 278 days out of 365? I don't believe the travelling brother ****ing sister circus comes around that often. And even if it does, your sister said they don't perform in the snow.
I'm not the one who said, just the messenger.

derp

OMG.... you cant get CSU fans to buy 50% of thier ticket allotment for the game in Denver. Denver is CSU's biggest alumni base. what makes you think you can get an average attendence at a new stadium in Ft Collins in upwards of 40K?

I'm not the one who said, just the messenger.

derp

Hey messenger answer the question.

Apparently the assumption is that the CSU fan base is so passionate about supporting their program that they won't drive from their homes in Denver to Invesco, and the student body is so enamored with the team that they won't drive a few miles out to Hughes, but they will be willing to come to a new building on campus, since that won't require much effort on their part...

Let me guess, you are the big brother, the Lammie is the little brother. Amirite? :lol:

No he is older by a minute. But his head/brain was constricted by his umbilical cord at birth. That could be the cause

This thread belongs in the Religion forum. One side asking for proof whilst the other side cites ONE source as Truth.

You guys mad I'm reporting what the expert feasibility firm is reporting? I'm not making these stats up. If you have beef with the stats then ask them, but I atleast posted the minimums that they reported

It's feasible that I own a feasibility firm. It's also feasible that all 11,000 regular season fans will buy new box seats feasibly speaking. It's feasible that there will be no fans in the regular seating. Feasibly speaking it will be weird for teams of D2 players to play in a stadium with no one in the seats, no wait, that last part isn't feasible it's the only part of the thread that's reality. Feasible!

Just got back from the stadium meeting. The feasibility firms there have done reports on hundreds of new stadiums and 50+ football stadiums.

CSU can expect a MINIMUM of $13million in extra revenue each year due to the stadium and a max of $22million. This comes from naming rights of the stadium, loge boxes, box seats, club seats that aren't at Hughes. An attendance of 37,800. Sounds like sustainable revenue.

Theh expect the fundraising to be at $212-490million. So yeah, $212million minimum.

Owned. Told you so

:lol:

I don't know if I'm laughing that you guys think thats big time or the fact that is an unrealistic expectation for attendance in a town like Ft. Collins.

The only "owning" is CU owning CSU. Dan Hawkins owned CSU, sad sad sad.

Last edited:
I didn't do the feasibility report. I'll leave that to the experts who have done it one hundreds of stadiums and dozens of college stadiums.

The minimum range they had for naming rights was $12 million. North Texas just got $20million and that stadium is garbage. That doesn't even include the other naming rights of things like the Alumni Center, concourses etc

The Apogee North Texas stadium isn't really a success story. After building that $78M facility, which took from 2002 to 2011, they average 19,000 fans.

They jacked up student fees for a portion of their "private funding".

So you are saying that CSU can build something 2-3 times as expensive in half as much time? Good luck with that. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apogee_Stadium

If CSU built a $500M stadium, the feasibility study would indicate an average attendence of 74,000 fans.

With a $1 billion dollar stadium, CSU will pull in a bigger attendance than the Texas Longhorns. LOL.

If you are going to BE BOLD, CSU, then be BOLD.

CSU - National Champions! Woot!

One thing that study made clear to me is why CU doesn't bother with too many events at Folsom outside of football, Bolder Boulder and 4th of July. There's not that much money in it and the disruptions you'd have to classes with our on-campus stadium makes it more trouble than it's worth.

Gasm- a little advice. If someone from Primerica comes and tells you that you can make hundreds of thousands of dollars selling mortgages and mortgage insurance, just run. I think you would be one of their targets. The stadium commission or whatever they call themselves, sound like great salesmen.

I want CSU to have a stadium on campus. But you have got to look at it with a more critical eye and be sure that the math is sound. They are throwing out numbers that have a huge sliding scale. The numbers on the low end look great. The numbers on the high end look amazing. Used car salesmen and timeshare people use these same tactics.

Nobody pays these people the money they do to get told that it won't work.

Back