What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU going bankrupt? lolno

CSU makes it rain. It took them over 7 years to raise $500MM. It took CU 5 years and 3 months to raise over $1 billion for our Creating Futures campaign

Gasm- a little advice. If someone from Primerica comes and tells you that you can make hundreds of thousands of dollars selling mortgages and mortgage insurance, just run. I think you would be one of their targets. The stadium commission or whatever they call themselves, sound like great salesmen.

I want CSU to have a stadium on campus. But you have got to look at it with a more critical eye and be sure that the math is sound. They are throwing out numbers that have a huge sliding scale. The numbers on the low end look great. The numbers on the high end look amazing. Used car salesmen and timeshare people use these same tactics.

Nobody pays these people the money they do to get told that it won't work.

^^This^^

Simple truth is that if you are willing to pay for it, and it doesn't cost that much to do it, you can find an "expert consultant" who will say pretty much whatever you want them to say.

Amazing. What are they gonna call the new goat stadium? The field of bleats? This thing has a build it and they will come feel to it. The day CSewe averages 37k at FB games is the day the Dept. of Homeland Security starts rounding people up at gunpoint to go to games.

These folks can't handle a bumpable message board and you expect them to understand salesman math vs real world math?

^^This^^

Simple truth is that if you are willing to pay for it, and it doesn't cost that much to do it, you can find an "expert consultant" who will say pretty much whatever you want them to say.

Have I mentioned that I do feasibility studies?

Just got back from the stadium meeting. The feasibility firms there have done reports on hundreds of new stadiums and 50+ football stadiums.

CSU can expect a MINIMUM of $13million in extra revenue each year due to the stadium and a max of $22million. This comes from naming rights of the stadium, loge boxes, box seats, club seats that aren't at Hughes. An attendance of 37,800. Sounds like sustainable revenue.

They expect the fundraising to be at $212-490million. So yeah, $212million minimum.

Owned. Told you so

Fantastic news. This should allow you to end the CU/CSU series and schedule a higher profile BCS opponent. After all, you don't need it, right? You're swimming in money. This is great news for CSU. Congratulations.

Have I mentioned that I do feasibility studies?

Can you do a feasibility study that gets Snow together with Minke Kelly? How much would it cost?

It may have as much chance of happening as CSU has of becoming a legitimate power in FBS football and getting 37,000 fans a game to show up.

Can you do a feasibility study that gets Snow together with Minke Kelly? How much would it cost?

It may have as much chance of happening as CSU has of becoming a legitimate power in FBS football and getting 37,000 fans a game to show up.
Anybody could do that feasability study.

Regardless of whether they reach the projected attendance numbers, spending that kind of coin on a new stadium that only has a capacity of 3k bigger seems small fry to me.

Fantastic news. This should allow you to end the CU/CSU series and schedule a higher profile BCS opponent. After all, you don't need it, right? You're swimming in money. This is great news for CSU. Congratulations.

It would be great if CSU can get this thing built and get the RMS out of Mile High for good.

It would be great if CSU can get this thing built and get the RMS out of Mile High for good.

I've seen this sentiment a few places, and I understand why you're excited - but the sentiment infuriates me. We've been hooked into this Denver game for over a decade now, and that entire time CU fans were beaten over the head with the importance of the game in Denver. Now, CSU gets a new stadium, and the series is worthless? We've given up a lot to accommodate CSU (stupid moves by Bohn) and this series. Pisses me off that nixing it is now hunky dory for CSU fans.

Nothing personal against you Csquared

Phssshhhh - what do you want with dinky little CU? Aim high, my man. Aim high. I'm certain that with the new stadium, Ohio State, Texas and Alabama will be lining up to schedule home/home series. No need to schedule CU anymore. You guys need to get a higher profile BCS team on your schedule.

I've seen this sentiment a few places, and I understand why you're excited - but the sentiment infuriates me. We've been hooked into this Denver game for over a decade now, and that entire time CU fans were beaten over the head with the importance of the game in Denver. Now, CSU gets a new stadium, and the series is worthless? We've given up a lot to accommodate CSU (stupid moves by Bohn) and this series. Pisses me off that nixing it is now hunky dory for CSU fans.

It might piss you off, but my advice is to embrace it. We can't kill the series - they can. Let them.

It might piss you off, but my advice is to embrace it. We can't kill the series - they can. Let them.

They may talk about ending it but the CU game is their reason for existence. It is their new years bowl game, the focus of their entire program. The game is also a critical piece of their budget picture earning them far more than any other game on their schedule in most years.

You are right though that the only way we are going to get out of it if they kill the series. They have to much invested politically for us to end it.

The only way I see for us to end this fiasco is for us to turn the Rocky Mountain Showdown into the Rocky Mountain Beatdown. Pummel them by wide margins for a number of consequetive years. Make it bad enough that the decline in interest we have seen from their fans becomes a rush to the exits. Make it bad enough that the game is an embarrasment to their program. Then we can kill it and both programs can move on. Unfortunately I don't see any other way it is going to happen

The way to end it is for Bohn to bite the bullet, take 2 weeks of media backlash, and cancel the freaking game. Put someone on the schedule who will come to Folsom

I don't think the series is worthless by any stretch and am not suggesting that it be nixed. I was one of the biggest proponents of keeping the game in Denver due mostly to the fact that I attended CSU in the mid-90's and remember when the RMS at Mile High was outstanding. However, I have come over to the side of many CU fans over the last few years. The environment at Mile High has faded and years of absurd kickoff times have ruined the game. 2009 at Folsom to me was the clincher. Both teams were coming off decent seasons and the environment was at an entirely differrent level that evening. If CSU can get a new stadium - I think it could actually help save this series and something I am absolutely in favor of. At the end of the day I want to see the RMS continue, but to be very honest CSU (not CU) is the one that will need to step up if the RMS has any chance of making it past 2020. CSU appears to be taking that step with a serious effort to fund a new facility.

Last edited:
I don't think the series is worthless by any stretch and am not suggesting that it be nixed. I was one of the biggest proponents of keeping the game in Denver due mostly to the fact that I attended CSU in the mid-90's and remember when the RMS at Mile High was outstanding. However, I have come over to the side of many CU fans over the last few years. The environment at Mile High has faded and years of absurd kickoff times have ruined the game. 2009 at Folsom to me was the clincher. Both teams were coming off decent seasons and the environment was at an entirely differrent level that evening. If CSU can get a new stadium - I think it could actually help save this series and something I am absolutely in favor of.

The kick-off times have nothing to do with the game being in Denver. They are entirely based on TV. With CU being in a down cycle the game was and is not going to get a prime national TV slot thus the lousy KO times. CSU stinking even worse doesn't help the situation but realistically CSU has virtually no TV appeal so even if they were winning it wouldn't matter. Get both CU and CSU being successful then you would see a solid TV slot with a good KO time.

Either way CU shouldn't be subsidizing the CSU program by playing them in Denver and certainly not being stuck in the joke that is Hughes or even in a new stadium that only seats 42,000 and won't be filled for any other game.

Regardless of whether they reach the projected attendance numbers, spending that kind of coin on a new stadium that only has a capacity of 3k bigger seems small fry to me.
3k bigger? Hughes is 32k. The new stadium is 43k. Again, you suck at reading facts.

lol@ everyone on here

The entire reason for the game is Denver was because your current stadium can't hold enough fans. Building a new stadium that seats 8,000 more people does little to change that. The only reason this game makes any sense for CU to play is because even when we are the "road" team we sell between 25-35k in tickets at a premium price and get a larger portion of the payout.

I want this entire series killed with fire. You can schedule UNC for your home opener every year and bill it as the Northern Colorado Showdown.

3k bigger? Hughes is 32k. The new stadium is 43k. Again, you suck at reading facts.

lol@ everyone on here

The stadium has a seating capacity of 34,400 with club seats and 12 luxury suites, completed in 2005. The playing field, at an elevation of 5,190 feet (1,582 m) above sea level,[SUP][4][/SUP] was natural grass for the stadium's first 38 seasons; FieldTurf was installed in the summer of 2006.[SUP][5]

Honestly I think you have gone full retard.[/SUP]

Who cares? You find one little mistake and jump all over it. Other points are still valid.
What points? The funniest part is you guys attacking my numbers from the feasibility report. I didn't make them, ICON did. And to add to that they added their projected numbers from the feasibility reports and the ACTUAL from Oregon, Oregon State and another Uni (don't remember) and they were either 95% or 100% accurate.

What points? The funniest part is you guys attacking my numbers from the feasibility report. I didn't make them, ICON did. And to add to that they added their projected numbers from the feasibility reports and the ACTUAL from Oregon, Oregon State and another Uni (don't remember) and they were either 95% or 100% accurate.

Did nobody think to ask the consultant about comparable non-BCS schools? That might be kinda important. Comparing your project to that of Oregon (Really?) is pretty far-fetched.

Back