What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU going bankrupt? lolno

Gasm ignores all other points to argue about Hughes' seating capacity.
bendy_straws4.jpg
grasping_small.jpg

Seriously, the guy has nothing but wild projections and claims he owned something. Then he admits he hasn't anything but the projections so that means he should win cause the argument is over. Derp.

You haven't answered this. Do you think that 37k attendance week in and week out is a feasible with a new stadium? If so, why?
They said that was for the first year. And well if the RMS if moved there that is 44,800 right there (2k SRO). All depends on the quality of the team/opponents. But JG already stated he is going to schedule better opponents and the team will get better under Coach Mac.

A new stadium on-campus will obviously see a net increase in attendance just by pure quality/location (see Coors). 37k seems reasonable

You haven't answered this. Do you think that 37k attendance week in and week out is a feasible with a new stadium? If so, why?

I think you can count on an increase in student attendance especially as the enrollment continues to grow towards the goal of 35k. After that, it seems hard to predict. What would be interesting those first two years is to see if you get an increase in opponent's attendance like WYO fans and AFA fans who may make the trip to check out the new facility.

Last edited:
Do you? Serious question. I've not heard anything that says that naming rights have been sold, and no box seats or loge boxes have been sold yet. You're making an assumption that those things will come to pass, but it's still an assumption. So I go back to the original point that the absolute low number is less than zero. Until you sell some of that stuff, that's where you are.
They sent out a survey to Ram Club members/season ticket holders asking them their interest in each category (how much they'd donate, if they'd donate to naming rights, if they'd buy loge/box seats) on a scale of definitely, likely or possibly. ICON put more emphasis on those that said definitely and calculated their $ that way.

I think you can count on an increase in student attendance especially as the enrollment continues to grow towards the goal of 35k. After that, it seems hard to predict.

shhhhh. don't try to insert thoughtful dialogue into this thread. we're witnessing the internet equivalent of a guy pouring a gallon of gasoline over his own head and lighting a match.

i can't avert my eyes.

Gasm ignores all other points to argue about Hughes' seating capacity.
bendy_straws4.jpg
grasping_small.jpg

Seriously, the guy has nothing but wild projections and claims he owned something. Then he admits he hasn't anything but the projections so that means he should win cause the argument is over. Derp.
Yes so wild they were created by ICON with a 95-100% accuracy rate

no, i'll probably personally buy about a dozen box seats myself--- then, i'll gather a crew of homeless guys from boulder, hand them each a bottle of ripple, and put them on a bus to fort flatlands with a game ticket in hand.

i remain absolutely confident that they would be the 12 most successful attendees in the stadium.

Why would you want to depopulate Allbuffs?

They said that was for the first year. And well if the RMS if moved there that is 44,800 right there (2k SRO). All depends on the quality of the team/opponents. But JG already stated he is going to schedule better opponents and the team will get better under Coach Mac.

A new stadium on-campus will obviously see a net increase in attendance just by pure quality/location (see Coors). 37k seems reasonable

1. Only one coach Mac in Colorado. Neg Repped for referring to sparkles as Coach mac. Cute that CSU is trying to be like CU tho.
2. Bolded makes sense, the italics following it are faulty logic. Coors is in DENVER, a city with a metro population of 600,000. Ft Collins has 140k. Any increase, even if proportional, is not goign to get CSU anywhere near 37k from 20k. You are talking about DOUBLING attendance. :rofl:.

Increase? Sure. Another 3-4k (mostly student driven) is totally plausible. Nearly doubling your attendance? And hoping that big an increase that is sustainable? Doubtful.

But JG already stated he is going to schedule better opponents and the team will get better under Coach Mac.

Your first sentence is still nowhere near a done deal. Plus to get quality opponents you will probably have to do a lot of 2 for 1s. Simple math says you cannot do too many 2 for 1s.

The coors thing is not the same unless you go to a bigger conference.

Of course there will be an initial bump in attendance. But is this really worth it if you can't get 37k every week?

This is my favorite part from Gasm's latest post

But JG already stated he is going to schedule better opponents and the team will get better under Coach Mac.

You guys have played better opponents in FoCo, but were still unable to draw. And I'm glad you take the AD's statement as fact that Coach McElwhine (there is only one Coach Mac in Colorado - and he won a National Championship as the HEAD COACH) will improve the team. Color me unimpressed thus far. Recruiting has been poor, and the defensive coaching staff is awful.

Naming rights? The epic RMS can only scare up Cinch Jeans as a sponsor, and that is with big brother propping the goat herd up, who are you going to get on your own hook? I can see it now, Avogadro's Number Field....

Last edited:
As far as scheduling goes, talk is cheap. Graham realizes those future non-conference games against quality opponents need to be scheduled now... right? That he will likely need to do 2-for-1s as well? If that is what is being counted on (pretty logical actually), there needs to be tangible movement on that pretty soon.

Coach Mac would make your team better. A lot better. Too bad he retired 17 years ago.

Good news everybody! Based on the CSU feasabity numbers, we will be jumping to an average attendance of 60k with the new stadium expansion that Bohn has alluded to. Huzzah!

the second one is a layup, but are you sure on the first? he writes like a 7th grader. of course, that might be a result of his education.

Agreed, but he is Slider's twin brother and I believe Slider is 21 or 22 if I remember correctly.

The absolute low number is zero. And actually, that's not even completely true. The absolute low number is somewhere less than zero, meaning the whole thing costs more than anticipated and actually leads to a drop in overall revenues.

But, but, but....the feasibility study sez everything will be hunky dory.

I don't know what they base their numbers upon, but they looked at lots of stadium projects and seem kind of smart.

LOL @ Puffs for not drinking the koolaid that Jack is selling.

It's a goddamn feasability report. These people are paid to tell you you're able to do this.

Of course they are going to tell you that CSU can do it, and of course they are going to throw out insane guarantees that it can happen.

What do you want them to say to you, "nope, can't do it, might as well fold it up and hope for the big sky conference??"

Be realistic here, you haven't brought thirty five thousand out to hughes since the mid 90's. I don't know how you can seriously expect to start bringing out more people than that every game because you are a few minutes closer.

1. Easier said than done. Even with a new stadium you are still looking at one of the smaller stadiums in CF, CSU also has very low ticket prices. Bringing in quality opponents cost money, lots of money. I don't see the kind of names coming to Ft. Collins that would even get attention much less impact ticket sales significantly.

2. As Darth clearly states there is only one Coach Mac in Colorado and he doesn't work in Ft. Collins. This also is easier said than done. We heard that the team will get much better under Fairchild, CSU fans were convinced. Exactly what makes you think that this new coaching staff will do what the old one couldn't?

And lastly if you think that attendance is going to increase 70% just because of the location of the stadium then you need to have your MM card revoked because you have smoked way to much.

Did they tell you that? ANYONE who says they can predict something like this with a 95-100% accuracy rate is Full of ****.

Yeah, but when somebody on the internet says something is true, you can take that to the bank. FACT (all caps)

Scheduling better opponents sounds nice, but you are MWC and you get to play teams like UNLV, UNM, Nevada, and if you do merge with Conf USA those UAB, and UTEP games should be a really hot ticket. Just because you build a new stadium BCS teams are not going to line up to play there. Again you did not sell out the Cal or Univ of Minn games that you did host. You averaged around 22k for your conference games and have averaged that number for years. Do you honestly think a new stadium playing the same conference games will result in an increase in attendance of 60%.

Are you really trying to compare CSU football and a new stadium to the Rockies and Coors Field?

Scheduling better opponents sounds nice, but you are MWC and you get to play teams like UNLV, UNM, Nevada, and if you do merge with Conf USA those UAB, and UTEP games should be a really hot ticket. Just because you build a new stadium BCS teams are not going to line up to play there. Again you did not sell out the Cal or Univ of Minn games that you did host. You averaged around 22k for your conference games and have averaged that number for years. Do you honestly think a new stadium playing the same conference games will result in an increase in attendance of 60%.

Are you really trying to compare CSU football and a new stadium to the Rockies and Coors Field?
Not like the rockies lead the league in attendance both years at mile high or anything..

Not like the rockies lead the league in attendance both years at mile high or anything..

What OMGasm is trying to say is that the consultants guaranteed this kind of attendance if they can bring in the Cubs, the Cardinals, and the Dodgers. :rofl:

1. Your new coach is not named, and cannot be named, "Coach Mac." In case it comes up down the road, your RBs cannot be nicknamed "Whizzer" or "Speedy." And your LBs from Highlands Ranch cannot be named the "H Boys."

2. Scheduling better opponents is actually quite difficult these days. Here are your future schedules:

08/31 - Colorado (Denver)
09/07- at Tulsa
09/14 - Cal Poly
09/21 - UTEP
09/28 - TBA or open date or MWC

08/30 - Colorado (Denver)
09/06- Tulsa
09/13 - TBA or open date or MWC
09/20 - at UTEP
09/27 - TBA or open date or MWC

09/05 - TBA
09/12- Minnesota
09/19 - Colorado (Denver)
09/26 - TBA or open date or MWC
10/03 - at Texas-San Antonio

09/03 - Colorado (Denver)
09/10- TBA
09/17 - TBA or open date or MWC
09/24 - at Minnesota
10/01 - Texas-San Antonio

So, you are currently scheduling home-and-homes with the likes of Tulsa, Minnesota, and UT-SA. Those TBA dates, if you went after quality opponents (and/or big paydays), would only result in one-off away games (see Colorado @ Ohio State, 2011). Maybe you could grab some BCS teams to do 2-for-1s. But even if you pull off the stadium, your quality opponents won't start rolling into town for several years, best case scenario (due to how far out these contracts are signed). And if you take those 2-for-1s, you'll be getting you teeth kicked in on the away dates (and I think everyone is in agreement that CSU needs to start winning consistently to generate the revenue necessary to keep the stadium from being a financial pitfall).

I'll go on the record that I want to see CSU build a new stadium and have it succeed. The only way I see it succeeding are through 1) huge private donations and 2) a consistently full stadium, beyond the honeymoon phase. Considering how hard it has been for CU to get large private donations (and from a larger and wealthier alumni base), I'm not sure I see how CSU is going to get that kind of money (from a smaller and relatively poorer alumni base), unless Graham himself writes a HUGE check. I don't doubt that a new stadium would sell out the first year. But if the team struggles, you're looking at a North Texas-type situation.

Exactly. The Marlins just opened their new park and their average attendance is around 28k thus far in 2012. The average attendance at the old park was about 19k. Current park holds 37,000 so they are not close to selling out every game.

Did they tell you that? ANYONE who says they can predict something like this with a 95-100% accuracy rate is Full of ****.
95-100% was based on ICON's projected numbers they gave to University's when they were building stadiums and the actual number after it was built.

95-100% accuracy rate

Exactly. The Marlins just opened their new park and their average attendance is around 28k thus far in 2012. The average attendance at the old park was about 19k. Current park holds 37,000 so they are not close to selling out every game.
That looks like a nice increase in attendance to me. Just what ICON said. Thanks for proving my point

95-100% was based on ICON's projected numbers they gave to University's when they were building stadiums and the actual number after it was built.

95-100% accuracy rate
Uhuh. Verified those #s, I'm sure you did. Smoke, meet ass.

Back