What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU stadium

Why doesn't that bitch BeerFight show his face? I know you're reading this, go ahead and sign up, pussy.

"Nobody is paying that buyout." Why would that be? Because he's not that good of a coach? Honestly, a big time program doesn't give a rip about buyouts. If Tennessee came along (just using them as an example, Bitch Jones isn't going anywhere), they wouldn't blink an eye at the buyout. It's just a number. You have a lot to learn about how big boy college athletics works.

The point of the column is that CSU has shat the bed. That they're stuck in reverse and nobody seems to care. That's hard to deny, wouldn't you say?

I agree on the house thing, though. Totally irrelevant. That's just Knutson being a moron.

I think McElwain is a great coach and going to do great things. But, in the world of big boy football, what has he done to justify a 7.5mm (or more) buyout. Two winning seasons at CSU? Wins against uc and sjsu?

Hopefully we'll do something this year to get the big boys looking. Maybe 12-0 and a big time bowl? I wouldn't hold your breath though.

That's a big buyout even for the big boys. I doubt any of them are clamoring for McElwain. He hasn't done anything yet. I think they are committed to football up there and will get something done in terms of a new stadium or upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My point is that it's not the buyout that will keep teams from going after him. It's his general lack of success.

Why doesn't that bitch BeerFight show his face? I know you're reading this, go ahead and sign up, pussy.

Maybe some fans choose to stick with being a**holes on their own boards rather than trolling opposing boards...you could take a cue from him.

Maybe some fans choose to stick with being a**holes on their own boards rather than trolling opposing boards...you could take a cue from him.
I haven't trolled RN since Freshman year...which was four years ago

I think McElwain is a great coach and going to do great things. But, in the world of big boy football, what has he done to justify a 7.5mm (or more) buyout. Two winning seasons at CSU? Wins against uc and sjsu?

Hopefully we'll do something this year to get the big boys looking. Maybe 12-0 and a big time bowl? I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Who the **** is UC?

Who the **** is UC?
That's baby brother's self-annointed cutsey way to refer to CU. They say UC 'cause CU fans don't like it. Kind of like aTm referring to Texas as TU. Strictly something to try and ruffle feathers.

That's baby brother's self-annointed cutsey way to refer to CU. They say UC 'cause CU fans don't like it. Kind of like aTm referring to Texas as TU. Strictly something to try and ruffle feathers.

Utterly ****ing adorable!

I haven't trolled RN since Freshman year...which was four years ago

Cool, glad you're above that now and just stick to inviting opposing fans over here to rub their face in their own misfortune. Sounds like you didn't take your medicine over there 2 years ago when they beat us, or later that year when we fired our coach, so I doubt your baiting is going to work.

The stadium, and the hiring of Jack Graham, was always a high stakes gamble. It was do or die for them.

I'd put the chances of CSU dropping to FCS in the next 10 years at about 80%. Unless something amazing happens, they're in deep, deep trouble.

This is true and it was also Graham's pitch for people to step up. Pony up, or we will be dropping to FCS for sure. If you pony up, we got a chance to build our program to Boise State status and get a bid for P5.

It wouldn't be a shock if Sparkles is gone fairly soon and it also wouldn't be a shock if he left with a substantially smaller buyout. His contract was written with the expectation (dream) that they would be playing in a big new stadium with increased revenue streams. Now they are looking at stagnant if not slowly decreasing revenues as they slide into obscurity.

If they get and win another 1-2 bowls which considering the competition level in the MWC is not hard to see somebody at a bigger program could very easily be coming after him. At the same time CSU may be very willing to quietly renegotiate the release from the contract to get out from under a coaching salary that they can't afford.

On the other hand if they go in the tank and return to their losing ways they have a big coaches salary to pay and won't be able to afford to replace him. He better be buying his agent nice Christmas presents for getting him this contract extension.

It wouldn't be a shock if Sparkles is gone fairly soon and it also wouldn't be a shock if he left with a substantially smaller buyout. His contract was written with the expectation (dream) that they would be playing in a big new stadium with increased revenue streams. Now they are looking at stagnant if not slowly decreasing revenues as they slide into obscurity.

If they get and win another 1-2 bowls which considering the competition level in the MWC is not hard to see somebody at a bigger program could very easily be coming after him. At the same time CSU may be very willing to quietly renegotiate the release from the contract to get out from under a coaching salary that they can't afford.

On the other hand if they go in the tank and return to their losing ways they have a big coaches salary to pay and won't be able to afford to replace him. He better be buying his agent nice Christmas presents for getting him this contract extension.

Thanks for laying out all the possible scenarios of CSU's future. I do not know what we would do without you.

Who the **** is UC?

I think they believe that disrespects CU or at least bothers us because we think it's disrespectful.

Sometimes they really go for the jugular and call us UC-B.

Whatever.

They don't realize UC gets corrected because it's ignorant, not because it's offensive. As far as UC-B, I'm not sure that bothers anyone... although the Boulder campus sports programs do in fact represent all of the University of Colorado system in a way that CSU-Ft. Collins doesn't represent CSU-Pueblo.

Without going line by line, but -
"extremely reliable source that his house is for sale" - this is easily verified and would mean nothing.
"So if the stadium project dies this fall – as it appears it will – and McElwain then leaves as expected", he just pulls this crap out of his hat. Nobody is paying that buyout.

Arkansas is probably the next SEC school to fire it's coach. IF they thought Sparkles was the best coach out there (I don't think so)
then the buyout would happen.

Arkansas is probably the next SEC school to fire it's coach. IF they thought Sparkles was the best coach out there (I don't think so)
then the buyout would happen.

Hmmmm, really? Bielema is in his 2nd year there. I think they give him at least 4 years. They have a lot invested in him. That program was in trouble when he showed up. It may take a couple years to turn it around. He's a good coach. He's a goober, but he's a good coach.

Hmmmm, really? Bielema is in his 2nd year there. I think they give him at least 4 years. They have a lot invested in him. That program was in trouble when he showed up. It may take a couple years to turn it around. He's a good coach. He's a goober, but he's a good coach.

He did inherit a pretty sweet situation from Alvarez though. Plus with Alvarez continuing as his boss, it was about the smoothest transition possible.

Who the **** is UC?

I just assumed UC was their series with Cal.

4eneze3u.jpg

Hey, Wainaminnit. Cal got a 2 and 1 from CSU. Going forward, I expect nothing less.

I find that name offensive. It implies using beer to fight which is wasteful. Maybe he can change to beerthenfight or emptybeerbottlefight

The stadium, and the hiring of Jack Graham, was always a high stakes gamble. It was do or die for them.

I'd put the chances of CSU dropping to FCS in the next 10 years at about 80%. Unless something amazing happens, they're in deep, deep trouble.

And the article states as much, although I'd expect it to happen sooner than 10 years. Maybe they'll finally figure out where they really belong in the college football landscape

Hello, Big Sky Conference, where many of the football games are broadcast… on the internet. That will probably include future editions of the “NoCo Showdown.”

Back