What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU stadium

The report recommends pursuing immediate towing for those who try to park in a neighborhood during an event without a parking permit. Jackson said that deterrent, obviously a stronger one than tickets, is used successfully at places like the area surrounding Mile High Stadium. It would also come with a need for enforcement officers and more, at a cost of $3,710 per event, according to the report.

"If you just ticket folks, there's some who feel the cost of a ticket is an acceptable price versus just buying a parking ticket," Jackson said.

Assholes

The city is just making stuff up to block this. They'd have most of those costs anyway. Towing is a great way to piss off a bunch of people. You'd have to assume that's their unstated goal. The city doesn't want this for whatever reason.
I'm always amazed at the contentious relationship between cities and universities. It's counter intuitive. They depend on the university for their tax base, but do everything they can to stand in the way of the school. Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The city is just making stuff up to block this. They'd have most of those costs anyway. Towing is a great way to piss off a bunch of people. You'd have to assume that's their unstated goal. The city doesn't want this for whatever reason.
I'm always amazed at the contentious relationship between cities and universities. It's counter intuitive. They depend on the university for their tax base, but do everything they can to stand in the way of the school. Amazing.

Government.

Dillard's didn't pay taxes or provide jobs?

Agree though about what you are saying regarding Universities and the college towns. Most of the college towns would not be the places that attracted those people in the first place without the school.

Boulder would be like Golden without Coors, Ft. Collins would be another Loveland. People want the arts and the shopping and the cultural elements without thinking that the school is why those things are there.

It may be a bigger issue of control. People resent the idea that the schools have as much influence as they do and don't have to ask them for permission.

Frank has recommended they go forth with the full project. Hope CSU does this right so they don't screw it up for the rest of us.

Frank has recommended they go forth with the full project. Hope CSU does this right so they don't screw it up for the rest of us.

My biggest concern about the whole thing.

If they fail to generate the revenues to pay for the thing then the school takes a big hit to the general fund. It would not then surprise me for the legislature to pass a law impacting everyone including CU making the use of debt for athletic facilities much more difficult and making it harder for us to do future significant projects even though we will have the future revenues to cover them.

Man. Just looked. Folsom would be second smallest in the sec. The sec will have four exceeding 100,000 when aTm and lsu upgrade.

Man. Just looked. Folsom would be second smallest in the sec. The sec will have four exceeding 100,000 when aTm and lsu upgrade.

Nice non-sequitur. Anyway, screw what the SEC will have. The Big 10 has had 3 over 100,000 for a while, plus the fans aren't SEC dumb.

Nice non-sequitur. Anyway, screw what the SEC will have. The Big 10 has had 3 over 100,000 for a while, plus the fans aren't SEC dumb.
It's amazing that 100,000+ would want to watch that terrible football they play in the Big 10

Bingo. 6 years and McElwain by an undisclosed time.

Yep, everyone saying they got $7 million but with the time value of money it is quite a bit less. $3 million over 6 years from UF, $2 million from Sparkles with no timeline revealed and $2 million from a game that is supposed to take place between 2017-2020. It is technically $7 million but they do not get it today

Yep, everyone saying they got $7 million but with the time value of money it is quite a bit less. $3 million over 6 years from UF, $2 million from Sparkles with no timeline revealed and $2 million from a game that is supposed to take place between 2017-2020. It is technically $7 million but they do not get it today

Still not a horrid deal by any stretch.

Agree with this. It's a pretty fair bargain between all parties. It lets CSU say "We got our $7M", while the slow trickle of cash will be quite a bit less than that. UF gets to say "We only paid $3M", when they are paying roughly double the going rate for CSU to come to UF down the road, so its roughly $4M. Sparkles may or may not be getting a slight bump in salary from what was originally agreed upon so he can pay CSU his $2M out of that additional income.

So will Florida be paying CSU more per year than CSU's media contract? At least for the next 3 years.

One thing I just can't get my head around. What the heck was Sparkles thinking when he agreed to that buyout?

One thing I just can't get my head around. What the heck was Sparkles thinking when he agreed to that buyout?

Because he wanted the job. Remember we interviewed him but did not offer. He wanted a shot at being a HC and CSU was his best chance.

I heard one home game in florida $2 mil to csu. gators not coming to ft. fun

Why would they? They earn a lot more at a home game. Thats why they never leave Florida Field except for FSU.

Because he wanted the job. Remember we interviewed him but did not offer. He wanted a shot at being a HC and CSU was his best chance.

Why would they? They earn a lot more at a home game. Thats why they never leave Florida Field except for FSU.

Except the monster buyout wasn't put in place until last year. McElwain was in a position of strength after the 8 win season, and Graham proposed the contract and stated that they would pay sparkles more base salary annually ($100k) if he accepted the buyout clause. Was really dumb on his part.

Just heard on the radio with Graham - CSU would have paid Sparkles $7.5MM to buy him out as well.... also guaranteed $15MM over 10 years or something like that.... with loaded incentives on top.

Except the monster buyout wasn't put in place until last year. McElwain was in a position of strength after the 8 win season, and Graham proposed the contract and stated that they would pay sparkles more base salary annually ($100k) if he accepted the buyout clause. Was really dumb on his part.

I heard it was in the original contract not in the extension.

That he and his wife "love" Ft. Collins and want to stay there forevarrrr.

Ya I've heard from someone that knows someone that knows someone that his wife is pissed and didn't want him to take the job. "He can take the job but I'm staying in Fort Collins." Actual true story

Ya I've heard from someone that knows someone that knows someone that his wife is pissed and didn't want him to take the job. "He can take the job but I'm staying in Fort Collins." Actual true story
No way one of those people is your brother right? Cause that sounds like something he would pass along.

Back