What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU stadium

Some live under an illusion.

But given the lack of interest amongst their donor community, it seems to me that many or most know enough not to throw good money after bad.

Easier to be a fan when you don't have to pony up the $$ to make it happen.

My favorite thing about CSU fans is their eternal optimism. After the initial distress on Ramnation, things have started turning back towards the optimistic! Surely they have hidden donors lined up, and they only announced the bare minimum required by law.

My favorite thing about CSU fans is their eternal optimism. After the initial distress on Ramnation, things have started turning back towards the optimistic! Surely they have hidden donors lined up, and they only announced the bare minimum required by law.

They might be two dozen of the most optimistic men and women in America.

they could build an erector set style stadium like at UCF for a heck of a lot less and reduce the risk to taxpayers who will have to bail them out if it gets built and fails to meet the, ahem, lofty revenue projections....they'd still have a new on campus stadium just without a ton of bells and whistles...

they could build an erector set style stadium like at UCF for a heck of a lot less and reduce the risk to taxpayers who will have to bail them out if it gets built and fails to meet the, ahem, lofty revenue projections....they'd still have a new on campus stadium just without a ton of bells and whistles...

You're not thinking BOLD here...

Gaga ain't playing a stadium show with attendance under 45,000

If it weren't the sheep, I'd feel sorry for them. They dream big and their reality is cruel and unforgiving.

But, then, I think "it is a good thing Harvey Updike isn't a sheep fan or Ralphie would be in danger."

They are a miserable, petty, and incredibly dumb collection of haters. I'm not really sure why they turned out that way, but it is very tiring.

UCF's stadium is not an architecural masterpiece, but it is extremely functional and fits where they are as a program. they had a standing room only crowd against Carolina but plenty of space against UConn. They aren't doing concerts there but they've used it for other community events. it is built with an eye on expansion, but no public concrete plans to do so yet. if they get a big 12 spot and start bringing in west virginia, OU and Texas regularly I imagine that those plans will solidify.. CSU would be lucky to be in that position.

If the Big-12 was concerned about the Denver market, they would have worked harder to keep us in the conference. It is a complete fantasy to think that CSU is going to get a Big-12 invite.

Their best shot at remaining a small piece on the national stage is to attempt to engineer a new power conference that takes the best from conferences like the MWC, the WAC, and C-USA. There are teams in all of those conferences that can compete with the big boys and have proven it time and again.

These dreams of a P5 invite coming are nothing but garbage. The CSU fan base doesn't care enough about their team to support them to the level that they would be of any impact on TV revenue. The admin and AD really need to reevaluate their position before they bankrupt the department.

Last edited:
There's no bankruptcy for them. The tax payers bail them out. And it's not as if CU said to the Big Tex we are leaving unless things change. We just up and left when we got the invitation we wanted.

I think they care about the Denver market, but whether they care more for Denver than say Florida I doubt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the Big-12 was concerned about the Denver market, they would have worked harder to keep us in the conference. It is a complete fantasy to think that CSU is going to get a Big-12 invite.

Their best shot at remaining a small piece on the national stage is to attempt to engineer a new power conference that takes the best from conferences like the MWC, the WAC, and C-USA. There are teams in all of those conferences that can compete with the big boys and have proven it time and again.

These dreams of a P5 invite coming are nothing but garbage. The CSU fan base doesn't care enough about their team to support them to the level that they would be of any impact on TV revenue. The admin and AD really need to reevaluate their position before they bankrupt the department.

Would the best of the rest want them. Less than 20k home attendance, don't travel well, don't draw TV ratings. Would you put them in the top 8-12 teams not in a P5 conference.

From today's Coloradoan:

"Nearly 60 percent of those who responded to a Coloradoan survey about the proposed on-campus stadium at Colorado State University indicated they do not want the project to move forward."

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...oradoan-survey-majority-csu-stadium/13215293/

Not really surprising when you think about it. The people who are opposed to the stadium are vehemently opposed to it. They're a lot more likely to vote in a poll like this than the casual fan who probably supports the stadium.

Not really surprising when you think about it. The people who are opposed to the stadium are vehemently opposed to it. They're a lot more likely to vote in a poll like this than the casual fan who probably supports the stadium.

Which further amplifies the issue, no? Those that oppose it are far more passionate than those that support it? At least I think that was your point.

Which further amplifies the issue, no? Those that oppose it are far more passionate than those that support it? At least I think that was your point.

Thats the point, yes. However, I also believe that there are more people who support it. That's my take on it, anyway. I'm sure the vast majority don't give a damn.

Thats the point, yes. However, I also believe that there are more people who support it. That's my take on it, anyway. I'm sure the vast majority don't give a damn.

Unfortunately for CSU this is the problem in a nutshell.

People in Ft. Collins don't care if they are playing, people in northern Colorado, people in Denver, don't care if they are playing.

Play the games in Hughes, nobody shows up, play them in a new stadium and a few more might but still most of them aren't going to show up. They just don't care.

Last season they had their best year in a number of seasons and didn't average 20k a game at home. A bowl team had easily less than 15k in the stadium for their final game at home (yes they announced higher but that was tickets sold including season tickets, promotional tickets, etc.) some reports put the "crowd" at well under the 15k but I'll be generous.

A new stadium isn't going to fix any of the apathy that surrounds the program.

That all said I wonder how the medium impacted the results of the poll. It used to be that a newspaper poll hit a pretty good demographic and psychographic cross section of the public but no longer.

Newspapers are a dying business. Newspaper readers tend to be older, less transient, and higher educated. Sounds like the profile of the homeowners in the neighborhoods surrounding the campus who are strongly opposed.

I wonder how the results would be different had it been done by a web based source that skewed younger and more socially involved.

From today's Coloradoan:

"Nearly 60 percent of those who responded to a Coloradoan survey about the proposed on-campus stadium at Colorado State University indicated they do not want the project to move forward."

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...oradoan-survey-majority-csu-stadium/13215293/

ramnation folks are saying many of the responses are from the same IP addresses and that it's from the same people who have been fighting the stadium-
they are saying the poll isn't a true reflection of what people really want- they are back thinking it will be built

Poll is worthless.

Couldn't care less if they build it or not, they just better have it all paid for before they break ground. It sure as hell won't be a money maker and it won't get them a P5 invite. But they do need a place to play and their leadership has done a tremendous job making sure Hughes isn't a viable option.

Shame really. If their Internet fans weren't so full of vitriol towards CU, I would be pulling for their success.

From phone

ramnation folks are saying many of the responses are from the same IP addresses and that it's from the same people who have been fighting the stadium-
they are saying the poll isn't a true reflection of what people really want- they are back thinking it will be built

Of course it isn't scientific - but RN are a group of fools if they think the majority in FoCo want it built (CU would probably have similar issues in Boulder, if not moreso).

Of course it isn't scientific - but RN are a group of fools if they think the majority in FoCo want it built (CU would probably have similar issues in Boulder, if not moreso).

Probably worse when you consider that the BDC editorial staff would come out against it. Environmental impact and all that.

Funny thing is, I don't remember the BDC making a big deal out of their old building on Pearl Street being sold for commercial use. I mean, shouldn't they have repurposed it as a downtown community park? Where was the article on that?

Probably worse when you consider that the BDC editorial staff would come out against it. Environmental impact and all that.

Funny thing is, I don't remember the BDC making a big deal out of their old building on Pearl Street being sold for commercial use. I mean, shouldn't they have repurposed it as a downtown community park? Where was the article on that?
Won't somebody think of the bees?

http://houstonfootballstadium.com/home/

Seems that this would be a more reasonable model for CSU - $120 million, 40k, expandable if necessary. Doesn't look to shabby either. UH has a very similar revenue stream to CSU as well - ticket sales + donor contributions total $8 million per year at both schools, according to USA Today.

Back