What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Air Force

Has RG given KD the dreaded vote of confidence yet?
I was confident he was a terrible hire from day 1. The way this program has fallen in 3 years honestly isn't much of a surprise to me. Clearly we had something with Midnight Mel and while he left at a terrible time of year that had to be better options than this. Something similar to the recipe we had with Mel, a successful coordinator and a passionate intense personality. At least one of those traits would have been nice but we went the exact opposite route. It's like we hired a less energetic version of Hawk.

Not yet, I think he is looking for a consultant to pay a bunch of money before he does.
If he’s allowed to hire another coach and screw up that contract….

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

Guys, no need to poor salt in the wound here, but Sanford is atrocious. He’s been atrocious everywhere he has been. To this day I wonder about his interview skills because they must be out of this worldly.

Rossi and the Gophers may not allow 50 yards. I’m not joking.
Next week is going to be an absolute slaughter. I will be there in person booing HCKD from the stands.

Gophers are better than TCU and Air Force. Gophers 2nd stringers will be playing the 2nd half.

Thoughts on my first (and probably last) time at AFA for a football game:

1. Man oh man do I wish CU could get multiple defense contractors as sponsors, But since multiple AFA grads/attendees can control billions in defense contracts, that is hardly surprising.

2. Love the forest around the stAdium.

3. Love the free parking close to the stadium.

4. Hate tha lack of stadium wifi and cell coverage.

5. AFA‘s beer selecation sucks ASS,.

6. AFA;s drum and bugle corps, meh.

7, Bought an Air Force hat. (My dad was an Lt. Col, in the USAF reserve, so FU).

8. (and I understand some may object) The USAFA cadets marching on the field was. . .meh.

9. I have lived in Colorado the majority of my life and I had no idea people down there pronounced it US-Ah-FA.

10,. The lack of stadium Wi-Fi and decent cell coverage SUCKS ASS,

11. Sigh. The weather. Missed the flybys, the parachutes, and they falconers.

9. I have lived in Colorado the majority of my life and I had no idea people down there pronounced it US-Ah-FA.

10,. The lack of stadium Wi-Fi and decent cell coverage SUCKS ASS,

11. Sigh. The weather. Missed the flybys, the parachutes, and they falconers.
I think it's more "you-SAH-fuh" and I didn't realize that either.

I couldn't even check what people were complaining about on Twitter!

Also, no raptors? Sad.
dramatic eagle GIF

What inspires change? What will make the Administration care? Giving them money in spite of the last 20 years? Unwavered support? If they don't care why should anyone else? I'd like to see how they respond when Folsom is half empty because right now they seem to be okay with what's going on.

Sanford and Dorrell are just a symptom of the problem. And regarding Sanford, we fired Chev and that's what got us Sanford. Point to something that eould make anyone believe we can do better right now.
Well I'm pretty sure a loss in our already modest AD revenue won't make the administration care more.
Leadership inspires change and the leader of cu football isn't RG or PD, it's KD
Do better how, with this current team, the future of cu football, or KDs ability to hire better coaches? Well our current team gained 260 yards first half against tcu and 60 the second. Our offense doesn't revolve around an RG3 like player who got hurt, and we sure as **** haven't seen a scheme so well drawn that it took 1 half for a superior defense to catch up so our situation is 100% on coaching. Watching a tight game just to punt on 4th in your opponents territory late in the 3rd, or calling runs between the tackles on 3rd and 10 in the redzone (Sanford has done that twice so far), the obvious answer is to get leaders who give their players a better chance to win. That sounds more likely to help than a boycott

Shannon turley is the only thing that gives me hope for the future but don't confuse that with support for KD, I don't. This board talks symptoms of a larger problem all the time. Most of the accusations are fair but it's kinda played out. At this point, I'd rather talk about a campaign to put 9 allbuffs $hitposters on the BOR than firing RG. Even better, my vote remains with Elon-Bezos-botnet, yet my thread remains unresponsive

Check 9-1-3. That is the applicable rule, not 9-1-4 which you seem obsessed with.
None of the situations you posted were related to 9-1-3, they were all 9-1-4. The call was correct. Deal with it.
"Targeting... is taking aim of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle." Additionally, the crown begins at the forehead above the face mask and includes the top of the dome....If you think he was trying to do anything other than just make a tackle then you better be ready to defend every single tackle in which the defenders forehead touched the ball carrier. How about the flip side, how many times does the rb lower his head? Idk like 75% of runs. Why don't we ever see that call? Because it would be beyond stupid. Other than that, I would like to thank you and your garbage opinions for personally ruining football.

Screenshot_20220910-225738.png

Screenshot_20220910-224517.png

Last edited:
"Targeting... is taking aim of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle." Additionally, the crown begins at the forehead above the face mask and includes the top of the dome....If you think he was trying to do anything other than just make a tackle then you better be ready to defend every single tackle in which the defenders forehead touched the ball carrier. How about the flip side, how many times does the rb lower his head? Idk like 75% of runs. Why don't we ever see that call? Because it would be beyond stupid. Other than that, I would like to thank you and your garbage opinions for personally ruining football.

View attachment 54115

View attachment 54113
Current Rule (from FR22.pdf, page FR-93):
Targeting and Making Forcible Contact With the Crown of the Helmet
ARTICLE 3. No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown of their helmet. The crown of the helmet is the top segment of the helmet; namely, the circular area defined by a 6-inch radius from the apex (top) of the helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul. (Rule 9-6) (A.R. 9-1-3-I)

The indicator of targeting that applies is:
Note 1: “Targeting” means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:
- Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet.

I guess I just don't understand how you can not possibly comprehend the rule as written in plain English. Lowering the head and initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet as defined in 9-1-3 is a foul and has always been a foul. That is the indicator of targeting. There are no other aspects that need to be considered. If you go in to make a tackle and initiate contact to the ball carrier with your crown of your helmet (initiate being the key word) it is targeting by definition.

That was the textbook case of targeting with the crown of the helmet. Everyone seems to understand but you.

Guys, no need to poor salt in the wound here, but Sanford is atrocious. He’s been atrocious everywhere he has been. To this day I wonder about his interview skills because they must be out of this worldly.

Rossi and the Gophers may not allow 50 yards. I’m not joking.
This is really not an offensive scheme problem, per se. It’s so far beyond that. We had some reasonable plays to get players into space one-on-one. And to a man, they got tackled with little to no gain. A swing to RB (#8), had space to move and one guy to beat for a nice gain. Got stopped for a loss. I just don’t know how you call an offensive game if your RB can’t beat a man in space on the edge.

Of course, most of the choices of what to run were deeply uninspired, but I imagine we have a bigger play book than we use and just are incapable of running most of it.

ARTICLE 3. No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown of their helmet. The crown of the helmet is the top segment of the helmet; namely, the circular area defined by a 6-inch radius from the apex (top) of the helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul. (Rule 9-6) (A.R. 9-1-3-I)

Note 1: “Targeting” means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:
- Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet.

I guess I just don't understand how you can not possibly comprehend the rule as written in plain English. Lowering the head and initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet as defined in 9-1-3 is a foul and has always been a foul. That is the indicator of targeting. There are no other aspects that need to be considered. If you go in to make a tackle and initiate contact to the ball carrier with your crown of your helmet (initiate being the key word) it is targeting by definition.

That was the textbook case of targeting with the crown of the helmet. Everyone seems to understand but you.
Here's a screenshot of the fumble he caused late in the second. tHiS sHoULd bE tARgEtiNg!!!!! ****ing moron, he led with the crown of his helmet and hit the dudes body before the ball. By your logic they should've called this too

Screenshot_20220911-013523~2.png

I was confident he was a terrible hire from day 1. The way this program has fallen in 3 years honestly isn't much of a surprise to me. Clearly we had something with Midnight Mel and while he left at a terrible time of year that had to be better options than this. Something similar to the recipe we had with Mel, a successful coordinator and a passionate intense personality. At least one of those traits would have been nice but we went the exact opposite route. It's like we hired a less energetic version of Hawk.
You mean the guy who ****ing sucked at UCLA and couldn't get a job since was a bad hire??!

This is really not an offensive scheme problem, per se. It’s so far beyond that. We had some reasonable plays to get players into space one-on-one. And to a man, they got tackled with little to no gain. A swing to RB (#8), had space to move and one guy to beat for a nice gain. Got stopped for a loss. I just don’t know how you call an offensive game if your RB can’t beat a man in space on the edge.

Of course, most of the choices of what to run were deeply uninspired, but I imagine we have a bigger play book than we use and just are incapable of running most of it.

It's not the scheme, many of our players were in the right position, especially on defense. Everyone is so damn SLOW. I was watching Appalachia State and Georgia Southern play today. They have quick athletes and lines that block despite being undersized. How much bigger was our defensive line than Air Force today. 70 pound advantage on average? Why were we getting blown off the ball every snap? It's like players come to CU and forget how to play.

It's not the scheme, many of our players were in the right position, especially on defense. Everyone is so damn SLOW. I was watching Appalachia State and Georgia Southern play today. They have quick athletes and lines that block despite being undersized. How much bigger was our defensive line than Air Force today. 70 pound advantage on average? Why were we getting blown off the ball every snap? It's like players come to CU and forget how to play.
We have bad players.

How is this so hard to understand?

Weight is irrelevant if it’s unaccompanied by technique, explosiveness, and force of will.

Forgot to play? College Football is a competitive activity. The other guys play too. One of major knocks on Dorrell is that he is incapable of leading a Football operation that recruits at a high level. He’s incapable of retaining high level players.

His face was up in the picture. He did not use crown.

I am in both courts on this one. I’d prefer the penalty be less severe. Woods will essentially miss an entire game and he wasn’t intentionally trying to injure anyone. I’ve now seen two different angles. In one it looks like the RB reacted to the eminent tackle by lowering his head into the “line of fire.” In the other it looks more like “targeting.” I’d prefer a 15 yard penalty.

I am in both courts on this one. I’d prefer the penalty be less severe. Woods will essentially miss an entire game and he wasn’t intentionally trying to injure anyone. I’ve now seen two different angles. In one it looks like the RB reacted to the eminent tackle by lowering his head into the “line of fire.” In the other it looks more like “targeting.” I’d prefer a 15 yard penalty.
I think they will appeal Woods hit. Or at least they should.

Reactions: DBT
Back