What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Assistant Coach Hiring Thread

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

If Shurmur is what Shedeur wants, and they can build a better offense that can run the ball, Let's Go and play ball
Get a really good OL coach and gotta get a killer at the TE Coach
Shedeur is wholly unqualified to know what’s best for a CFB program.
I think we’re conflating statements from that tweet. I believe when CDS says “Shedeur is ‘OK’”, he means his health..not that he’s ok with Shurmer.

I think we’re conflating statements from that tweet. I believe when CDS says “Shedeur is ‘OK’”, he means his health..not that he’s ok with Shurmer.
Of course, but my point is that Prime is going to do what is best for Shedeur and hiring Shurmur as the OC would signal that.
I actually think that Prime would be a way better coach without his kids on the team, but winning is everything right now

Of course, but my point is that Prime is going to do what is best for Shedeur and hiring a barely competent, unimaginative, personality-free geriatric who’s failed to impress in every single position he’s held within his nepotism reliant career as the OC would signal that.
I actually think that Prime would be a way better coach without his kids on the team, but winning is everything right now
Fify.

The offense consistently got worse under Shurmur, which didn’t come as a surprise to anyone who’s observed Shurmur’s concepts at any point in his career. Guy is the absolute worst. I’d trade two for stars to have him gone. There’s more than a couple reasons to not feel great about prime’s ability to lead a P5 program, and I still want to believe, but if there’s one thing that makes me feel like the future isn’t likely to be bright under his leadership, it’s this.

Fify.

The offense consistently got worse under Shurmur, which didn’t come as a surprise to anyone who’s observed Shurmur’s concepts at any point in his career. Guy is the absolute worst. I’d trade two for stars to have him gone. There’s more than a couple reasons to not feel great about prime’s ability to lead a P5 program, and I still want to believe, but if there’s one thing that makes me feel like the future isn’t likely to be bright under his leadership, it’s this.
Relax, there is a plan. You can't see it, or learn anything about it, but it exists, so all is well.

Fify.

Agree completely. This hire is a kick in the nuts!

Fify.

That was Shurmur calling the Lewis offense with a Bad O-Line and no good running plays

If Shurmur (praying to baby Jesus) were to install the best Offense for S2$ with properly designed Run plays, preferably Zone and Stretch run plays with Play Action and other options, then seeing what Shedeur accomplished last year is improved by 25% on his passing and 50% on his Running, so be it

The defense was porous, so money spent on OL and LB fixes so many things

Fify.

Of course the offense got worse. Shurmur was calling Lewis's offense. I have concerns about this hire. I'd want to see us interview Marion or somebody like him on top of Shurmur and Leftwich (if he's an option). ****, I'd interview this guy too. Click the link.

A couple points with Shurmur-

1. Discount the Bronco tenure. Shedeur is a lot better than Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater right now. He and Fangio did not have what they needed to be successful here.
2. He's been an NFL HC twice. People in the league have to think highly of you for that to happen.

I'll give CP the BOTD. Need a jump in wins like next year, especially heading into what I expect to be a much easier conference. The new Big 12 produced zero teams that hit 10 wins this season.

Last edited:
If Shurmur is what Shedeur wants, and they can build a better offense that can run the ball, Let's Go and play ball
Get a really good OL coach and gotta get a killer at the TE Coach
Its all about preping SS for the NFL. So why not an NFL OC. Shurmur can manage the game from what weve seen. I just hope he throws the ball deep more than once or twice a game.

From the inside looking in, we come off as completely disorganized.
Maybe, but Prime seems to move on his own schedule, and he seems to like players and coaches to leave on their own terms. He never has a bad thing to say about anybody. My guess is that makes it look like he doesn't have a plan, but it seems to me he is very invested in treating people right, rather than being cutthroat. It will be interesting to see it play out.

Maybe, but Prime seems to move on his own schedule, and he seems to like players and coaches to leave on their own terms. He never has a bad thing to say about anybody. My guess is that makes it look like he doesn't have a plan, but it seems to me he is very invested in treating people right, rather than being cutthroat. It will be interesting to see it play out.
Narrator: In the end, it did not play out well, at least not for the CU Buffs

Narrator: In the end, it did not play out well, at least not for the CU Buffs
I'm willing to see who gets brought in for AC's and through the portal before I freak out. If all goes well, maybe I can skip the freak out.

Back