What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU at Auburn Gameday thread

Great job by the buffs to get it within 4. Auburn shooting unreal and won't keep up. Gotta stop the silly passes that are turning into easy points for Auburn. George King is greatly improved and Scott playing very well on both ends.

We'll be aight friends. This is how every Bruce Pearl team plays. Pray that chaos causes more turnovers than you give up and fire threes until they invent a shot worth 4 points.

They can only deny Scott the ball. They can't stop him once he gets the ball. Just can't give up the glass.

After that half, I can't even believe that the Buffs are only down four. In all honesty, that is the second worst stretch of basketball I have seen CU play since...well since before coach Bzdelick was here. The worst being against Pitt of course.

Dom stays out of foul trouble, refs swallow their whistles a bit, buff up on D...we're gonna be alright

Calling a little Fortune in the second half, you can tell that Tad has given him the greenlight to find his groove.

Jesus I ****ing hate game threads. Few things:

Damn near impossible keeping up with a team who gets on fire from 3 how Auburn did for most of that half. Really hurts giving up the easy and-1 buckets during the same stretch. Lucky to be down 4 at half.

Scott playing great. Give him the ball more. Fortune needs to slow down. He's acting like he needs to make up for all the time he missed. King needs to take advantage of the threes he's been hitting and use it to lure the D to create room in the middle for bigs and him to drive. Need Dom to stay out of foul trouble although I really like what Yaz does for us at point so far, but it sucks he's getting that freshmen treatment from refs.

Everyone else not mentioned has been bad or invisible, which is how basketball works. Every game there's players that are do more than expected, what they're expected, and less than expected.

Last thing. Bruce ****ing Pearl. Not many head coaches can pull off being an absurd cheerleader on the sideline throwing his arms up to get his fans to get loud. He knows how to create what he wants. The cheating bastard.

And yeah, the 3 point shooting won't keep up. We hope they keep shooting them at this point because there should be some ill-advised forced shots since they think they're hot. Already helped us come back at the end of the half. They missed a few threes and we got buckets.

Great run. Did not see that coming. I'm as big a hoops sunshine pumper as the next guy, but there are some nagging issues that Tad & Co. don't seem to address. That frustrates me. Glad we have another half. Expecting Tad to make some adjustments and Auburn shooting to go cold. Go Buffs.

I underestimated King!!! He is a lot of upside and although only 6 quarters have been played, he has been the Buffs second best player. Very welcomed surprise!

I've never seen this many first move shuffles called lol. Boyle clearly mentioned it to the refs. Their first 3 came off one.

Great run. Did not see that coming. I'm as big a hoops sunshine pumper as the next guy, but there are some nagging issues that Tad & Co. don't seem to address. That frustrates me. Glad we have another half. Expecting Tad to make some adjustments and Auburn shooting to go cold. Go Buffs.

Tad, give me grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.
Living one game at a time,
Enjoying tough inside defense and relentless rebounding,
Accepting uglyoffense and inept inbounds passes as pathway to wins,
Taking, as Tad does,
This ugly game as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that Tad will make all things right,
If I surrender to Tad's will,
So that I may be reasonably happy with this team,
And supremely happy with Tad forever in the dance.
Amen.

Tory Miller looks out of shape and slow. Poor footwork. He's gotten beaten everytime I've seen someone take him.

Back