What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs Viewership Watch

Technically TCU and NU should be up there as well. Either that or they only give credit to the winning team?

They are rankings (and generally cover) teams in the West - Pac and MW.

I did a brief look into this- I only looked at nationally televised games because it was the easiest to get uniform numbers for these):

• TCU: 8.46M viewers
    • 2 nationally televised games (4.23M average)
  • nubs: 13.14M viewers
    • 3 nationally televised games (4.38M average)
For comparison, Colorado is:
  • CU: 25.29M viewers
    • 3 nationally televised games (8.43M average)
Some other interesting programs:
  • Notre Dame: 8.05M Viewers
    • 3 nationally televised games (2.68M average) Suck it, domers
  • Florida: 8.65M viewers
    • 3 nationally televised games (2.88M average)
  • Ohio State: 8.69M viewers
    • 3 nationally televised games (2.89M average)
  • Texas: 11.97M viewers
    • 2 nationally televised games (5.99M average)
  • FSU: 12.65M viewers
    • 2 nationally televised games (6.33M average)
  • Alabama: 13.6M viwers
    • 2 nationally televised games (6.8M average)
  • Georgia: 5.42M viewers
    • 1 nationally televised game (5.42M average)

The biggest story in sports on broadcast tee vee mid day on a Saturday… definitely within the 15mm viewer range.

I don't know, like Yak said it's going up against 2 other ranked matchups including Alabama and the best CFB ratings come from cities in the Southeast except for Columbus.

One thing that will help though is none of Michigan, tOSU, and PSU play at the same time as our game.

I don't know, like Yak said it's going up against 2 other ranked matchups including Alabama and the best CFB ratings come from cities in the Southeast except for Columbus.

One thing that will help though is none of Michigan, tOSU, and PSU play at the same time as our game.
I see that y’all don’t believe.

Unlike the team, Coach Prime didn't run off 90% of the fans and replace them with Louis. We still have a large contingency of moral victories are great fans. Most of them will come around eventually.
Lol relax BJ. We're talking about being skeptical of CU vs Oregon TV ratings being equivalent to Ohio State/Michigan when there is substantial competition in the same time slot.

Can the Pac12 network still pick this one up? Asking for George K.

I guess Prime came along a year too late to save the Pac12 and its Network. He would've forced people to go out and find the Pac12 Network one way or another - assuming it really does exist.

USC going to be the biggest number of the year, IMO. Probably 11m+ if I had to guess. If we get raced again, things will start to settle down a bit I think. If we keep it close or win, I think every game the rest of the year could be 8m+ (maybe with the exception of the P12N games)
How many subscribers does the P12 even have at this point? 5 million? No, it's not worth looking up.

I'd like it if we at least gave a show to the 11 million on Saturday.

How many subscribers does the P12 even have at this point? 5 million? No, it's not worth looking up.

I'd like it if we at least gave a show to the 11 million on Saturday.
They’re still on sports packages for most cable networks so prob 500K houses

USC going to be the biggest number of the year, IMO. Probably 11m+ if I had to guess. If we get raced again, things will start to settle down a bit I think. If we keep it close or win, I think every game the rest of the year could be 8m+ (maybe with the exception of the P12N games)

Worse TV slots and networks (Stanford on a Friday, 2 P12N games) plus opponents with less pulling power except for maybe UCLA (it's been easy creating a narrative for the games we have played so far) should result in a natural drop off either way, I think.

Worse TV slots and networks (Stanford on a Friday, 2 P12N games) plus opponents with less pulling power except for maybe UCLA (it's been easy creating a narrative for the games we have played so far) should result in a natural drop off either way, I think.
I think we’re still likely to set a record for a Friday night game. I also think Oregon State and Wazzu will pull good ratings as will Utah if there is anything at stake

@manhattanbuff I never said it wouldn’t be the most watched game of the week, just that it was very unlikely to pull 15m+ (which is around tOSU/UM number)

Comparison to other games:

1695760260225.png

To update the Sports Out West tweet from earlier in the thread,

• CU remains #1 at 35.32M viewers
  • Oregon is now #2 at 12.58M viewers - you're welcome, Ducks!
  • CSU is #3 at 9.3M
  • Utah is #4 and the top west team that hasn't played CU at 5.82M (lol)

If my math is right, NATIONWIDE it's pretty tight between OSU, Notre Dame, FSU, and Alabama for the #2 spot- they're all around 18M, or just about HALF the viewers CU has had. CU is lapping the field.

Back