What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU coaches - Who Should Stay and Who Should Go

We can get rid of him for a 1.5m, and my guess is there's nothing in his contract that says we have to pay him out right away.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if that’s how the AD operates but I have my doubts.

If we’re looking for two coordinators I hope RG runs the search. If it’s Mac we’ll be sitting here in February wondering if he’s ever gonna get his finger out of his arse.

If we’re looking for two coordinators I hope RG runs the search. If it’s Mac we’ll be sitting here in February wondering if he’s ever gonna get his finger out of his arse.
You seriously think Rick George knows football better than Macintyre? Yeah he's taken his time in the past but he got Leavitt and Tumpkin as well as Chev. Idk about you but I'd rather have Macintyre finding the coaches and discussing financials with RG only but that's my opinion.

You seriously think Rick George knows football better than Macintyre? Yeah he's taken his time in the past but he got Leavitt and Tumpkin as well as Chev. Idk about you but I'd rather have Macintyre finding the coaches and discussing financials with RG only but that's my opinion.

No. I’m just pissed how Mac has handled this in general and don’t trust him there anymore.

Lol has there been a difference? Leavitt and Tumpkin were announced on signing day three years ago.

I really don't think RG or Mac are going to fire Eliot after one year. Who would want to come be a coordinator here if you're gone after one bad season, especially considering all of the graduates? While I don't believe Eliot is the right guy for the job, it's just a bad look getting rid of him one year in with the circumstances he came into. Much better off getting a good OC and hope that the D improves in year 2 with the 4 of 5 major contributors on the line coming back, losing two DB's (Laguda really wasn't that great) and potentially getting 3 D guys back from getting kicked off.

Ha, Chev was hand delivered to Mac by RG and Lance Carl.

I think RG knows football in the sense of looking at all candidates and who is not pulling their weight like any good boss would be. That's his job, to find the best coaches and build great teams.

Ha, Chev was hand delivered to Mac by RG and Lance Carl.

I think RG knows football in the sense of looking at all candidates and who is not pulling their weight like any good boss would be. That's his job, to find the best coaches and build great teams.
I believe the AD's job job is to look at all HC candidates and then when he feels he's made the correct decision, the HC fills out the rest. It's not the AD's job to hire every assistant nor should it be. And to your point on Chev, is there any real evidence of that? Actual evidence not hearsay

I believe the AD's job job is to look at all HC candidates and then when he feels he's made the correct decision, the HC fills out the rest. It's not the AD's job to hire every assistant nor should it be. And to your point on Chev, is there any real evidence of that? Actual evidence not hearsay
Yes.

raw.gif

preparing for disappointment though. One of Bernardi or Jeffcoat will survive, defying logic

Personally don't mind Bernardi in his current role. Jeffcoat on the other hand, while the players may love him he is useless in recruiting in a key area.

I'd have no problem bringing Graham up here as a coordinator-he knows Texas and could probably help us greatly there.

What role is mr. Personality currently filling for the buffs?
He's actually a very good position coach and still helps out with the o-line a ton. Chris Bounds I think improved quite a bit this year as well. He is a Tight Ends coach. He fits his role just fine.
Edit: If he was the o-line coach still, I would have an issue with that, but with the addition of a 10th assistant, I think he does well in grooming coaches like Adams and they younger guys on our staff. The players love him believe it or not. I brought up we should fire him (I had the same frame of mind as you do) and they were adamant that he isn't the problem and they love the guy.

Back