What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching & Support Staff Moves

Before someone can take an official visit, there's a paper-work mountain that needs to be certified/processed/etc. Heard this has become a bit of a challenge given we have gone from zero interest to MANY interested.

January enrollees and top targets priortized, but some kids being asked to wait until January. Students not leaving for the holidays have the ability to get some temp hours in as well.

Before someone can take an official visit, there's a paper-work mountain that needs to be certified/processed/etc. Heard this has become a bit of a challenge given we have gone from zero interest to MANY interested.

January enrollees and top targets priortized, but some kids being asked to wait until January. Students not leaving for the holidays have the ability to get some temp hours in as well.
Sounds like Bryan was a bit behind on his work. 🤔

So What No GIF

S&C isn’t rocket science, just about anyone can do it and he did it at Georgia so he’s plenty qualified.

The most important qualifier is that the coach is in alignment with the HC on vision and culture bc they spend the most time with the players. He knows what prime wants and will get it

Seems well qualified
He has a strong resume, no doubt, and from the videos in the other thread it looks like this guy knows how to run a modern S&C program.

I personally loved the amount of stretching he was having the guys do at JSU. It is an underrated activity any any S&C program, and super important piece of injury prevention. He wasn't having them do much of the traditional stationary single muscle work either. Almost every activity was working multiple muscle groups be it on the field during the activation sessions or in the weight room.

I dig.

I’ve only watched two JSU games (the last two). Watching that dude get stiff armed to the deck and watching the DLine get mowed was a little concerning.
You’d think after like 8 different S&C coaches at CU in the past 15 years, producing the same ****ty results, CU fans would stop putting so much stock into on field results as a reflection of the S&C coaches/programs

I’ve only watched two JSU games (the last two). Watching that dude get stiff armed to the deck and watching the DLine get mowed was a little concerning.
I wouldn't put any of that on S&C. We see players get stiff armed all the time and from what I understand JSU had to play some rotation D-linemen more than they would've liked to.

You’d think after like 8 different S&C coaches at CU in the past 15 years, producing the same ****ty results, CU fans would stop putting so much stock into on field results as a reflection of the S&C coaches/programs
I wouldn't put any of that on S&C. We see players get stiff armed all the time and from what I understand JSU had to play some rotation D-linemen more than they would've liked to.
Plus he was only there for one year.

With so much info coming through the last week, do we know if DH is coaching RBs, or did I miss something?
I have not seen him in any video!

Intro of a lot of coaches here (cross post, I know).

Main concern. Sean Lewis has really trimmed himself up. Man moves to the mountains and loses the wild man beard? What's up with that?
Before:
1671551619787.png

Now:

1671551638397.png

Also, you can tell which coaches have been in front of the vlog life for a while and who hasn't.

Michael Pollock will coach the offensive line for JSU this season and is taking over the duties of Director of Football Operations after beginning his Jackson State tenure as Co-Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach.

In Fall 2021, under Coach Pollock’s guidance, Sheduer Sanders won the Jerry Rice Award as the top freshman in FCS football, passing for more than 3,200 yards, throwing 30 touchdowns, and rushing for 3 touchdowns.

A veteran prep coach from the state of Georgia, Pollock has served as the head coach at Cook High School, Americus-Sumter High School, Habersham-Central High School, and most recently, Lincoln County High School. Pollock's 2019 team at Lincoln County High School finished 9-3 and made it to the State Quarterfinals, which was the school’s best playoff run since 2013.

Pollock also served as Offensive Coordinator for national powers, Valdosta High School and Grayson High School, and in 2016 helped lead Grayson to the 2016 7A State Championship and the Rams were named Public School National Champions. He has coached 10 Under Armour All-Americans and placed dozens of his student-athletes at Power 5 programs throughout the country.

Prime bringing his Strength coach with him. Was at Georgia for a couple years before JSU

Super talented at his job. A massive signing from Prime but he also got Brewster and Zimmer so it's not a shock. He helped a lot of those elite UGA prospects get to the league

I watched all of them since Prime took over in the Spring. He made a massive difference dealing with massively limited equipment compared to a P5. He's damn good and the DL issue in the Black national championship game was more that most of the DL depth hit the portal, two starters had some issues where they didn't play which basically mean JSU was playing a few rotational guys and walk ons on the DL. They played as hard as they could but they are limited.

Back