What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching & Support Staff Moves

22 page thread, any hints?

I know OP lists Williams at DL but CU announced him as the DE coach.
I believe there is still one coaching spot available (9 of the 10 allowed were announced), so there could still be a DT coach announced after the bowl games or playoffs.

I think an off-field guy would have already joined the staff. So I'm thinking that we must be poaching someone significant from a program's on-field staff. Or it's possibly an NFL guy.

NFL guy seems about right, some guy that can move from assistant assistant to being an assistant.

So now that early signing day is over when is Kelly going to start? Is he waiting for the bowl game? I feel like he needs to get to work. Did I miss an announcement?

So now that early signing day is over when is Kelly going to start? Is he waiting for the bowl game? I feel like he needs to get to work. Did I miss an announcement?
He was announced along with 9 other staff members. Just waiting now on the 10th on field coach, which should be a DT coach

He was announced along with 9 other staff members. Just waiting now on the 10th on field coach, which should be a DT coach
Announced but I remember he was staying at bama until signing day or something. Is he on campus yet?

On the other hand, in this transfer portal era, strengthening those connections, to Saban and the players, right before you bounce may pay long term dividends
At his signing day press conference this week Saban explicitly thanked Kelly for sticking around, so hopefully that gratitude will start paying those dividends even in the near term

Ha! Great minds
Weighing Options GIF

You want Saban friendly.

Seriously. The guy has established himself as The Godfather for the entire college coaching profession.
And Saban has never been one to prevent any staff member from taking a promotion. It is telling though about what he thinks about Kelly by having him stick around for the bowl game and to keep recruiting. If he didn't have him in high regard or value his contributions he would have released him immediately to come or just nor have asked him to stay.

And Saban has never been one to prevent any staff member from taking a promotion. It is telling though about what he thinks about Kelly by having him stick around for the bowl game and to keep recruiting. If he didn't have him in high regard or value his contributions he would have released him immediately to come or just nor have asked him to stay.
Depends what you’d call going from coordinator to HC…for some schools.

I was thinking about what CP and staff accomplished in a couple weeks despite not everyone having been hired, most having other job commitments, everyone living out of a suitcase not knowing where their families would be for the holidays, and not having any opportunity to strategize as a staff to really lay out their approach to rebuilding this roster.

Yesterday, the recruiting staff finally was able to sit down and hammer out their plan. We've only seen the results of this crew when things are a chaotic scramble. What's coming is going to change the game.

This is an excellent point and perspective. It also brings the utter lazy incompetence of the prior coaching staff into stark relief. Sure Prime has a name and visibility, but more importantly, he has a vision, which HCKD never once exhibited—everything was “multiple,” which simply reads…. whatever we can find we’ll try to make work.

I just wonder what conversations RG had with Dorrell over the past two years or so, trying to light a fire under a wet blanket.

It is a wonder we haven’t heard who the new DL coach will be. Maybe someone coaching in a bowl like Kelly?

I think an off-field guy would have already joined the staff. So I'm thinking that we must be poaching someone significant from a program's on-field staff. Or it's possibly an NFL guy.
All signs point to Tosh Lupoi... ha imagine?

Back