What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-CSU back to Invesco for a good long while

I

• Hate Invesco

Votes: 48 47.5%
  • Love Invesco

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Am neutral on the site

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • Dont give $hit

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
I don't like this game from a fans perspective. The game is completely stale now, there is no energy, no excitement...but you're going to extend it for another TEN years. That is crazy to me.

Play the Lambs every 3 years. 1 year against AFA, 1 year against Wyo, 1 year against CSU. That way you get the entire region involved in College Football.

For the people that are bitching about other schools that are scheduling 7 homes games a year, remember this: we can't sell out games against ****ty D1A or D1AA teams. We can't get a lot of teams that will sell Folsom out to agree to a 1 for 1 let alone a single home game. So, this game serves a nice purpose of acting like a seventh home game but with a guaranteed payout. We can continue filling out our 6 home games like we've been doing and be sure to get a nice big check for the 7th in a pretty friendly location against a team that we should be favored to beat every year.

I don't like subsidizing CSU's football program, but until the Buffs are a national powerhouse and can sell out home games against Prairie View A&M, this is a pretty solid deal for us. Now, we can question the 10 year portion of the deal, but otherwise I'm not upset about this at all.

Good points, the 10 years for me is too long. Problem is, cu wasn't selling out even in 94. Salaam goes for 2,000 and there must have ben 2,000 empty seats for an 11-1 team?

Then why is this such a big deal?

Because it's boring! CU has nothing to gain and everything to lose. Mix it up and play AFA again. CSU every year is a waste of time and it's not going to get any more interesting when CU beats them another 10 times in a row.

I think the other option is to still play the 6 home games, but instead of playing CSU in Denver, we would be traveling to some far off place like Toledo. To me, playing another game that is basically another home game is a great thing. I would like to see AFA and Wyoming mixed in, but that can be done with the other OOC games such as the Wyoming game this year.

Bad move IMO. CU has nothing to gain from this game, except $$$$.

Whatever happened to "Defend the Fort", oh, a chance to play a real team in a real stadium in front of a real crowd? Screw the Fort...:lol:

Bad move IMO. CU has nothing to gain from this game, except $$$$.

Whatever happened to "Defend the Fort", oh, a chance to play a real team in a real stadium in front of a real crowd? Screw the Fort...:lol:

Abandon the fort! Abandon the fort!
CSU can only be as good as CSU fans want them to be!

It should be optional every year and not part of the home package.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.

It's not fair or right that season ticket holders with sideline seats get relegated to 5th level or end zone seats, not to mention the extra parking issues or cost that some people don't want to deal with.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.

It's not fair or right that season ticket holders with sideline seats get relegated to 5th level or end zone seats, not to mention the extra parking issues or cost that some people don't want to deal with.
I don't like the environment at the Invesco games. I definitely don't like having my wife and kids called "enter the expletive" the entire walk through the parking lot and concourses. The Invesco games have no college atmosphere and I would probably opt out if it wasn't required.

This makes two things Bohn has done lately that don't sit right with me. #1 was the Toledo game (absolutely no reason to play that game on the road vs. ****ing Toledo in a one-off deal), and #2 is this. Unless CU got a better deal than they've been getting, there should be some Boulder games mixed in there. And as others have said, including the CSU game with the season ticket package sucks. You go from great seats at Folsom to terrible seats at Invesco every year.

I don't like the environment at the Invesco games. I definitely don't like having my wife and kids called "enter the expletive" the entire walk through the parking lot and concourses. The Invesco games have no college atmosphere and I would probably opt out if it wasn't required.

I refuse to take my kids to the game at Invesco. My oldest goes to every game at Folsom, though. Invesco just sucks. From the lack of atmosphere, to the sterile stadium, to the ****ty seats, to the drunk students seemingly everywhere.

I'll still go to the game, but I don't like Invesco at all.

So where do the good seats go?

Sponsors. And Bronco season ticket holders might get first crack at the better seats, that's just a guess though. Also, CU only has half the stadium to work with, so after you take out tickets being given to sponsors, that doesn't leave very many seats on the lower level between the 20's to work with. :huh:

I'd prefer the game at Folsom but if it means we get a 7th "home" game a year, I'll take that along with the $$$$.
The atmosphere sucks compared to Folsom imo... but it's better then the atmosphere at home watching the Buffs on tv in an away game

So where do the good seats go?
Per the AD last year it is based on priority points. Priority points are a combination of years with season tix and more importantly donation level. Fairly recent season ticket holders who donate more money can climb the point ladder very quickly. Old time season ticket holders who donate the minimum move up slowly, hence the dissatisfaction from many with good seats at Folsom.

I definitely understand your concerns. However, it sure seems like we're in an era where competitive programs need the revenue from a seventh home game to survive. CU's current options are to do something like this deal or to try and add a seventh homegame against Podunk Nazareth College (which season ticket holders are going to have to pay for as well). So, if this was your choice, would you choose the Invesco/CSU option or being forced to pay 50-75 bucks for a ticket to the PNC game?

I definitely understand your concerns. However, it sure seems like we're in an era where competitive programs need the revenue from a seventh home game to survive. CU's current options are to do something like this deal or to try and add a seventh homegame against Podunk Nazareth College (which season ticket holders are going to have to pay for as well). So, if this was your choice, would you choose the Invesco/CSU option or being forced to pay 50-75 bucks for a ticket to the PNC game?

Can we beat PNU?:smile2:

PNC at Folsom.

Afraid of csu :lol:

Leash is afraid of being accused of being afraid of CSU.
He's so frightened, in fact, that he'd suppor subsidizing CSU with CU's milk money just to make those bullies go away.

So I saw a CSU fan yesterday while golfing. He had the CSU hat and jacket on. I asked if he was going to the game. His first response was no, the Broncos are going to be terrible.

I followed up with not the Broncos, the CSU/CU game. His response was no, he wont watch the game unless it is at Invesco. And this from a guy wearing a two items of team gear.

Nice fans.

Well I guess the 1 thing Bohn did sneak out of this deal is that we don't have to play in Fort fun next season....that's too bad :smile:

I'm sure the financial details will be slow in coming, if they come out at all. Having said that, I know Bohn is a business first guy. I'd be surprised if this deal doesn't represent a pretty good financial incentive for CU to play it.

So we get more money, an easy win, and a game that we don't have to travel to see.

win-win-win as far as I'm concerned.

All good points Sacky. But in the end, it comes down to "show me the $$$"

'Showdown' settles at Invesco for 10-year-run

tkensler@denverpost.com (Tom Kensler / The Denver Post)

The Colorado vs. Colorado State football rivalry has been extended for 11 years, through 2020, the schools announced today, with the next 10 games after this year at Invesco Field at Mile High.

Originally from Denver Post
Posted by RSSBot

Re: 'Showdown' settles at Invesco for 10-year-run

Same split, and a game in hughes in 2020? Nice work Bohn, i'm sure your *** is sore today.

10 year deal with a non bcs school on a neutral field. :lol: :rolleyes:

Get punked by miami of ohio and then schedule a road game with toledo :lol: :rolleyes:

What's next, a 20 year deal with air force at air force?

Re: 'Showdown' settles at Invesco for 10-year-run

Agreed Syko. Why the hell do we agree to play in Ft. Collins in 2020? That's terrible.

And what are we doing in the 2 years where we only have 5 home games? I couldn't figure that our based on the article.

Overall, 2 thumbs down on this one.

Back