What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Defensive Front Seven Alignment

Looks like MM and Leavitt saw scottys chart and addressed the depth concerns at Mike and Will by moving Shaver and Awini. I like the 3 - 4 under scheme after reading all of this(and the clancy pendergast 52 defense notes). It appears to simplify assignments and responsibilities with 1 notable exception and play into our plethora of tweener sized DLs.

The 1 exception being that the SLB has to be a complete STUD. One question: who is Cottrell? I've never heard him mentioned before.

Oh, 1 other question: when we go to nickel coverage who comes out? The NT? The UT?

Lance Cottrell is a walk-on LBer out of Texas, who Mac signed last class.

Pretty good walk-on if I do say so my self.

I just got out of a class with Shaver and Cottrell. Shaver is absolutely massive I would love to see him crush some people at LB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So how does Cottrell look and what's his attitude going into spring ball? I thought he was a great get for a PWO.

So how does Cottrell look and what's his attitude going into spring ball? I thought he was a great get for a PWO.

He's not very tall, but very few people look tall to me that's why I was so amazed with Shaver. He's pretty thick though, both of them are so hopefully that S&C is working. They were both seriously pumped about the Leavitt hire but that sounded more like a thank god we have a coach now kind of thing.

They both, as well as the other football players I'm friends with (The DC kids because I played against them in highschool), are extremely pumped to just get going with everything. They're tired of waiting for "next season" since about the second week on November and they really want to prove themselves. Someone on that coaching staff or one of the seniors has definitely lit a fire under this team because all I hear is; "Man I can't wait for Saturday and Practice" or "Man that first scrimmage is gonna be wild" or "Man even all the walkons won't leave the gym for anything." I think these kids are really ready to go....I feel some extreme energy.

He's not very tall, but very few people look tall to me that's why I was so amazed with Shaver. He's pretty thick though, both of them are so hopefully that S&C is working. They were both seriously pumped about the Leavitt hire but that sounded more like a thank god we have a coach now kind of thing.

They both, as well as the other football players I'm friends with (The DC kids because I played against them in highschool), are extremely pumped to just get going with everything. They're tired of waiting for "next season" since about the second week on November and they really want to prove themselves. Someone on that coaching staff or one of the seniors has definitely lit a fire under this team because all I hear is; "Man I can't wait for Saturday and Practice" or "Man that first scrimmage is gonna be wild" or "Man even all the walkons won't leave the gym for anything." I think these kids are really ready to go....I feel some extreme energy.

Scoop. Rep sent - and Sweet!

Boom!

Love to hear things like this. I'll hit you with rep when I get to a real computer.

Back