What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Hawaii has saved my ass more than once.
Season 3 Episode 304 GIF by Rick and Morty

123 pages of wild speculation and conjecture without any actual knowledge of the specifics. Typical allbuffs.

Let's keep it rolling then...this football board was pretty dead until Wilner dropped the bombshell of USC & UCLA leaving the PAC.

I sort of have given up caring. CU will have a football program and play meaningless games on an irrelevant network. We can revel in the underrated talent we bring in who exceed expectations and dump CU and transfer to programs that play big time football.

Good and fun football is not exclusive to the B1G & SEC. We tried our hand with the PAC and realized it wasn't as fun as we had it in the Big 8/12 and it's just time to head back home to the Big 12. Beating those flatlanders at home then reminding them of where they came from is one of the things I liked about being a CU fan. Being different from the other schools was pretty cool and watching those frowny Cornhusker fans after CU beat them was worth it.

We just didn't know how bad things were in the PAC until we joined and we have a chance to get off that sinking ship that is the PAC.

Good and fun football is not exclusive to the B1G & SEC. We tried our hand with the PAC and realized it wasn't as fun as we had it in the Big 8/12 and it's just time to head back home to the Big 12. Beating those flatlanders at home then reminding them of where they came from is one of the things I liked about being a CU fan. Being different from the other schools was pretty cool and watching those frowny Cornhusker fans after CU beat them was worth it.

We just didn't know how bad things were in the PAC until we joined and we have a chance to get off that sinking ship that is the PAC.
Nubs aren't in the Big 12 any more. Neither is Mizzou, Oklahoma, Texas or aTm. I think you have nostalgia for something that doesn't really still exist.

Yep, the only Big 8 teams that remain are KU, KSU, ISU and Okie-light, and the only new members remaining from the big12 are Baylor and TT. How people are excited for this just amazes me.
I am excited about the idea of that league, and here's why-Its an opportunity. This episode should be a wake-up call to CU. The Big 12 isn't ideal, but it is an opportunity to get our house in order over the next decade or so and try for a Big 10 invite then.

I am excited about the idea of that league, and here's why-Its an opportunity. This episode should be a wake-up call to CU. The Big 12 isn't ideal, but it is an opportunity to get our house in order over the next decade or so and try for a Big 10 invite then.
I wish I shared your optimism. This will be the second time CU has failed up, what evidence do we have to expect the administration to do anything different?

Nubs aren't in the Big 12 any more. Neither is Mizzou, Oklahoma, Texas or aTm. I think you have nostalgia for something that doesn't really still exist.

Still have ISU, KU, KSU, and OSU from the Big 8 days plus I always think of TT as the "9th" Big 8 member. Their fans won't stand for losing to that flaming liberal university in the Coloradoan foothills just like those former Big 12 fans couldn't stand losing to us. I still don't like both Kansas schools and I know people who are fans of those two...trash talking those people after a CU win over KU/KSjuco will be fun!

In the PAC, I felt nothing with those Cali schools but felt something with the AZ schools and Utah. CU hasn't been in a conference with BYU for so long since the old Mountain States/Skyline Conference but they do stir up passions in opposing fans...just ask any WAC/MWC non-BYU fan how they feel about BYU and their responses could remind you of Nebraska. If you get so worked up about Baylor, just wait until you are in the same conference as BYU.

It's time for the CU fanbase in general to accept the fact that it's okay to have diversity within a conference namely having farm schools, urban schools, and religious schools under one conference banner instead of everyone being pretty much the same just like in the PAC which is BORING. That is why I have called for CU to leave the PAC for at least the last few years.

CU won't stop recruiting California but at the same time, we get back into Texas, gain Florida & Ohio if we rejoin the Big 12.

And you guys are talking about programs in markets where they are trampling the rights of women, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+, the poor, the mentally ill, and anyone who believes in a secular society. I guess many of you want to associate with that because those folks seem to care more than average about football.

My strong preference is that the Big 12 can fvck right off. Stay with a group that doesn't make me want to puke and delivers at least as much likelihood of a path to the B1G (which is the only move that would matter).
Hey when is the next Allbuffs Hottie Tournament?

That is what I am thinking too when it comes to returning to the Big 12. We have been putting too much of our eggs in the California basket for too long with not much return.

Seems like a best of the PAC/Big 12 combo of 16 schools would be the best option. Doesn't the big 12 GOR expire in a couple of years? Did the new big 12 schools sign a new GOR that would prevent this?

yep...and why CU can't stay in the PAC if this happens

Would depend on how it's structured. If it's earning more based on bowl and tourney money earned as well as for getting tabbed for national broadcast, I think that's fair. If it's an unequal share regardless of performance, gotta walk. That was a big reason for 1/3 of us leaving the Big 12 - things weren't balanced and LHN made it so much worse.

Edit: "Fair" is the wrong word since it's subjectively defined. I should have written "acceptable to me since it's performance-driven".

Would depend on how it's structured. If it's earning more based on bowl and tourney money earned as well as for getting tabbed for national broadcast, I think that's fair. If it's an unequal share regardless of performance, gotta walk. That was a big reason for 1/3 of us leaving the Big 12 - things weren't balanced and LHN made it so much worse.

Edit: "Fair" is the wrong word since it's subjectively defined. I should have written "acceptable to me since it's performance-driven".

Big 12 payouts were pretty much determined on television appearances and that was before streaming feeds became the norm. What UO & UW wants is not workable these days because any Pac-12 football game is on TV.

And that is the cue for us to depart the PAC.

Big 12 payouts were pretty much determined on television appearances and that was before streaming feeds became the norm. What UO & UW wants is not workable these days because any Pac-12 football game is on TV.

And that is the cue for us to depart the PAC.
I didn't read what they want. All I saw was the above tweet.

If it's "this is everyone's relative value in a media deal based on what networks and conference analysts report, so we should split the pie accordingly" - I think it's likely that the 4 Corners schools bolt for the Big 12.

Idiots. Oregon and Washington have no leverage right now
What if it is only wazzu, oregon st. and two new members like sdsu and unlv that get a lesser share?
Two things could be true here-OSU/WSU and two MWC schools could have to take less.....but I don't think the Mountain and Desert schools would be asked to just because the entire league probably believes the four of us can leave for the Big 12 at any time.

And you guys are talking about programs in markets where they are trampling the rights of women, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+, the poor, the mentally ill, and anyone who believes in a secular society. I guess many of you want to associate with that because those folks seem to care more than average about football.

My strong preference is that the Big 12 can fvck right off. Stay with a group that doesn't make me want to puke and delivers at least as much likelihood of a path to the B1G (which is the only move that would matter).
So you want CU left out to dry going forward because of politics?

Back