What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Although sidelines sports sounds like a made up thing, it makes sense. The box states united probably have more negotiating power than P10. And if UW and UO really want to take unequal distributions they have poisoned the P12. F 'em, leave them holding the old maid with their ugly step sisters. I'll miss seeing the Buffs visiting my home, but I'd rather not see them get abused by the unfounded arrogance of those two. Oh, and UW, just remember this - it's been 4 years since you've beaten the lowly Buffs. And still you think you're Ohio State or something?
I can swallow USC or UT arrogance and demands because they are clearly the main drivers of value in a conference. I'm not willing to accept that from programs with no more of a winning tradition than CU in markets like our own and recruiting grounds we hardly bother with.

Or, most likely, it becomes divisionless with pods scheduling.

1. UA, ASU, BYU, Utah
2. Baylor, TCU, TTU, UH
3. CU, KU, KSU, OSU
4. ISU, Cincy, WVU, UCF

3 games vs your pod + 6 games vs other pods (2 from each)

Then the 2 highest-ranked teams play in the title game.

For CU, that setup would be pretty good. Familiar schools for annual games, 2 games vs TX schools, a game vs a AZ & UT school, and 2 games that are kind of outliers from tradition when not ISU but getting program exposure in FL/OH/Mid-Atlantic.

I think I like it. For the 3 OOC games, I'd like to see a rotation of AFA/CSU series, a marquee game, and a CA team.

This can work for a while. (And the basketball will be sick.)
I'm fine with the pod system - hate our pod, though. Those "annual games" blow monkey nutz. So would our manufactured rival then become OSU?

Fresno? I don't think so.
Some thought it gets you some reach into LA/Riverside along with being closest program to Sacramento plus the not horrible Fresno-Visalia home market.

Regarding SMU, it's a slightly larger school than TCU with a slightly better academic profile and more money. If not for the NCAA going overboard with the Death Penalty back in the day, SMU would probably have been the next choice after UT/aTm when the Big 8 expanded.

It would have to be. Can't split Kansas.
Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE

Notre Dame would remain independent if it can earn at least $75 million annually in media rights revenue from current broadcast partner NBC, sources told CBS Sports. The Fighting Irish's deal with the network is set to expire in 2025.

For NBC to feel comfortable raising Notre Dame's valuation to such a level, it is seeking "shoulder programming" (in this case, games played before and/or after Notre Dame's contests) from a Power Five conference to enhance its college football coverage.

When such a move had been speculated previously, the Big Ten was the conference mentioned most often as a target. However, the Big 12 has emerged as a strong option to fill NBC's shoulder programming needs.

link

most likely scenarios, IMO:
  1. ND gets paid and stays independent
  2. ND joins B1G. most likely tag-along is UNC, but I wouldn't be shocked by a Stanford or FSU
  3. ND joins ACC as a full member. most likely tag-along is WVU or Navy

I don’t think it makes sense as UO more incentivized to keep Pac together than to demand an extra $10mm/year that they don’t need.
You would think they don't need the money. Yet are they not maneuvering to get into a big money conference? If financially independent why not stay in a weakened Pac and hope for an easy ticket to the CFP? Oh yeah, because they can't beat Stanford whenever a CFP is on the line. Just like UW can't beat Cal.

My favorite part of this thread is everyone hanging on random tweets, and then having the following reactions:

"CU to stay in the lackluster Pac12? LOLOLOL We're ****ed!"

"CU to move back to hickville B12? LOLOLOL We're ****ed!"

My guys- CU's already ****ed, either way. That ship sailed a long time ago.

Still seeing stuff that says CU is going to the Big 12...some people are just trying to get famous LOL.

My favorite part of this thread is everyone hanging on random tweets, and then having the following reactions:

"CU to stay in the lackluster Pac12? LOLOLOL We're ****ed!"

"CU to move back to hickville B12? LOLOLOL We're ****ed!"

My guys- CU's already ****ed, either way. That ship sailed a long time ago.

Nah. The arguments to stay in the Pac-12 are pretty weak.

No matter where CU ends up this thread is going to be golden with rage.

My money is on staying in the PAC12 today. I think the admin wants nothing to do with the flatland schools.

Looking forward to that day when that decision is made.

Rumors of the ACC making a play for PAC leftovers persist.

I can't see this happening, but if...

If CU joined the ACC with WVU and two other Pac 10 or XII schools (your choice who those might be), how would the rest of Allbuffs feel?

I'm failing to see why SDSU AND UNLV aren't clear adds to 12Pac. If UCLA is forced to stay add in those two and Boise (Zags for MBB) then you have all the larger markets on West Coast locked in for a legitimate TV contract. Explore TV deals with all scenarios and work from there in principle. It appears we aren't going back to XII, not poaching XII, not creating ACC alliance and this school is furked anyway so these are easily the best course of action. How ****ing hard is this PhilD(eezNuts)?

Back