What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Unless you're just really stretching yourself to find something to bitch about, around 30 seconds of consideration could have easily seen that his points are completely relevant to the stability of the Big XII relative to the PAC 12 (10).
That’s the correct frame. This is a death match. Gotta survive.

They all were. When specifically asked about what makes the B12 stable, he brought up issues with the PAC 12. I wasn’t asking him to defend what makes the PAC 12 unstable. I was asking him to defend what makes the B12 stable. He didn’t do that.
Big12 more stable because SEC and B1G have no interest in taking any of the remaining teams. Pac TV negotiations without USC and UCLA, from any credible source appear to be lackluster. UW and UO will leave the Pac the minute they get an invite from B1G or SEC. CU sucks, and any hope for a B1G invite is going to come many years from now as a final team to round out whatever B1G and SEC do once the ACC GOR deal is over.

I hope CU shows their commitment to the little 12 by signing a long GOR so CU is precluded from being a target of a real league later. #stability
font acknowledged, but this strikes me as one of the biggest obstacles to any merger of Pac / ACC / XII schools -- nobody wants to commit long term in fear of shutting themselves off from a P2 bid.

He said,

“There are three kind of liars; liars, damn liars, and statisticians”
I'm familiar with that quote, but I have never heard it attributed to Truman. A brief google search seems to confirm this:

EDIT: lol. I found someone who attributed it to Truman- a made up guy at a fictional council meeting in a Washington Examanier Op-Ed:

Big12 more stable because SEC and B1G have no interest in taking any of the remaining teams. Pac TV negotiations without USC and UCLA, from any credible source appear to be lackluster. UW and UO will leave the Pac the minute they get an invite from B1G or SEC. CU sucks, and any hope for a B1G invite is going to come many years from now as a final team to round out whatever B1G and SEC do once the ACC GOR deal is over.
This appears to be an accurate summation. And the fact that no one really seems all that upset that the PAC12 will just die outright, pretty much confirms the whole premise, for me.
Fascinatingly, there will likely be no major west coast CFB league after all of this “realignment.” Now that’s a real “realignment”!

I'm familiar with that quote, but I have never heard it attributed to Truman. A brief google search seems to confirm this:

EDIT: lol. I found someone who attributed it to Truman- a made up guy at a fictional council meeting in a Washington Examanier Op-Ed:

I think Harry Truman stole the quote! He is a liar too

You need to figure out how to do this better. Three of your four points don’t address the stability of the B12 in any way. The fourth is debatable at best. I came up with four reasons the B12 is an unstable conference. You came up with straw man points. Work on it and try again.
My whole argument was meant to rebut yours-which (and I'm being nice about this) is based in 10 year old logic. The only thing that matters is TV revenue. The Big 12 will make more because both networks want a piece of their rights.

Assuming that the Four Corners schools go to the Big 12, that leaves the PAC with six schools and if they want to go to 16...they might as well merge with the MWC. Joke would be on UO & UW for their position for uneven revenue sharing.

125k followers

Kind of jibes with what we've been hearing though on the revenue sharing.

Its time for the four of us to kill this ****ing piece of trash conference. Oregon and Washington are getting what they deserve here. **** them.

Last edited:
Assuming that the Four Corners schools go to the Big 12, that leaves the PAC with six schools and if they want to go to 16...they might as well merge with the MWC. Joke would be on UO & UW for their position for uneven revenue sharing.
ESPN dumb to not adjust terms, take top 6-8 Pac to ACC and create a relatively cheap 3rd power conference.

So Colorado can choose to stay in the Pac light, earn around $20 million/year, not have access to the playoffs, and hope for an invite to the P2 years later that almost certainly will never arrive, or they can jump to the Big 12, agree to their long-term grant of rights, earn $50-60 million/year, and have access to the playoffs.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

So Colorado can choose to stay in the Pac light, earn around $20 million/year, not have access to the playoffs, and hope for an invite to the P2 years later that almost certainly will never arrive, or they can jump to the Big 12, agree to their long-term grant of rights, earn $50-60 million/year, and have access to the playoffs.

Welcome, your eminence!

$50-60? Is B12 giving CU unequal revenue rights?

Or this could be a negotiating ploy on the part of the 4 corners schools to let the PNW schools know they aren’t in a position of strength.
Okay so when Texas pushed uneven revenue sharing 11 years ago, CU should have run to the Pac 10. When Oregon and Washington push uneven revenue sharing this week, another conference is a leverage play?

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

One of the big winners from this round of realignment could be the MWC if things go as they seem to be moving:

1. Lost no one to the Big 12 when they went BYU/Cincy/Houston/UCF.
2. Pac-12 fell apart instead of expanding after losing USC/UCLA, so didn't get its most valuable assets poached.
3. Likely to gain OSU & WSU.

Okay so when Texas pushed uneven revenue sharing 11 years ago, CU should have run to the Pac 10. When Oregon and Washington push uneven revenue sharing this week, another conference is a leverage play?

Got it.
How do we know that CU (and others) didn’t use other conference affiliations as a negotiating ploy 11 years ago, only to have UT tell us to kick rocks?

Back