What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Wine Rose GIF

I don't read 21 year old bro code. What does it mean basil?
by is yormack the b12 commish (or as i like to think of him, the conference annihiatlor. prodigal son means someone who left and comes back. that would be us.

but, this guy throws **** on the wall all day and he's just as likely to be wrong or making it up as he is correct.

This narrative that Central Florida and Cincinnati somehow strengthened and enhanced the Big 12 has been one of the great campaigns of misinformation I’ve seen.

Maybe they can add Tulsa and Southern Illinois to really batten down the hatches.

by is yormack the b12 commish (or as i like to think of him, the conference annihiatlor. prodigal son means someone who left and comes back. that would be us.

but, this guy throws **** on the wall all day and he's just as likely to be wrong or making it up as he is correct.
Much appreciated.

I lost track of how many of those meetings we had last summer. Somewhere between 8 and 12 meetings seemingly. I really don’t think much will come out of that meeting.
Agree. I can't see a major announcement on the day the tourney starts.
Do the regents get paid for each meeting?

Also, while Pope reeks of KSU and desperation (I acknowledge the redundancy), they are not wrong that any anger directed toward The Big 12 is misplaced.

They’re just trying to improve their brand. UCLA and USC are the real villains in this story.
I’d argue that Texas and Oklahoma are the real villains. They’re the assholes who bolted to the SEC, which forced the B1G to take actions that they probably would have preferred not to take.

I’m going to call bull**** that random WVU Twitter guy has near real time intelligence of meetings between CU and B12 commissioner. More likely he is throwing out speculation on the basis of the regents meeting that was announced and will claim he was correct if something comes out of that meeeting.

I’m going to call bull**** that random WVU Twitter guy has near real time intelligence of meetings between CU and B12 commissioner. More likely he is throwing out speculation on the basis of the regents meeting that was announced and will claim he was correct if something comes out of that meeeting.

MHVer3 is as entertaining as hell to read, but it's extremely obvious that he has no sources whatsoever and just makes things up off the top of his head.

The Altitude guys said that McChesney told them the Regent meeting tomorrow is about the B1G. He said 4 pods of 5 teams: USC, UCLA, Utah, CU and Nebraska. Take that with the massive grain of salt that it should.
That's one HELL of a POD.
Woah. Would prefer being in NU, Iowa, Minnesota Wisconsin.

Funny thing missing here though....
Oregon and Washington !!!
I believe In Santa 🎅 more than this.

It doesn’t make much sense, tbh, but it was oddly specific.

Ideally, it’s Oregon, UW, CU and Arizona to the B1G creating the west coast pod and then the one you mentioned w CU, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota

The Altitude guys said that McChesney told them the Regent meeting tomorrow is about the B1G. He said 4 pods of 5 teams: USC, UCLA, Utah, CU and Nebraska. Take that with the massive grain of salt that it should.
I'd like the drugs that McChesney is taking please. Wishcasting from a guy who doesn't know ****.

200.gif

I ****ing hate all those teams.

The only reason I could see this making any sense is if the B1G wants to go to 20, but needs to do it cheaply and UW/UofO are being resistant. Utah and Colorado would MUCH rather have a B1G invite at a partial payout ($25M/year?) than stick around in an unstable P12 or go sit at the slack-jawed kids table in the B12 for a similar price.

If that gets done, then the P12 really isn't viable anymore and UofO and UW have greatly diminished negotiating power.

Let us further randomly guess… uw uo wanted unequal rev share in the new pac. We went to the big and said we’d take a partial share there instead. That would be
Juicy.

My concern with BIG10 expansion are all the teams sitting out east waiting to be picked off but what....not till 2036??
Does the conference sit tight and wait till they can get UNC, Virginia...whomever?

Back