What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

According to Twitter B1G rumor monger Fluguar AppleTV is out of the P12 media rights.

Game Over Meme GIF by Travis

If you were Colorado, would you allow both Washington and Oregon to earn more money with unequal revenue sharing for the sake of staying in the PAC12?

If you were Colorado, would you allow both Washington and Oregon to earn more money with unequal revenue sharing for the sake of staying in the PAC12?
Knee jerk reaction, no.

But not having a clear idea what out alternatives are, that answer I have low confidence in that answer.

Maybe i missed it, but i haven't seen anything leaked from the regents' meeting yesterday?

I'm not thrilled with any of this.
I guess I just an not an Apple believer.
Have them prove me wrong.

I'm still curious about the rumors of unequal revenue sharing. Time will tell....maybe
Yes, certainly Apple TV would never be able to put out a sports broadcast that is as good as linear TV or cable networks

No, especially since it’s obvious they are just biding their time hoping for an eventual Big 10 invite. And it looks like the eventual numbers will be underwhelming.

So putting yourself at a competitive disadvantage nationally and within the conference to buy a couple more years of a conference to appease two teams with one foot out the door would be beyond idiotic.

But after they sat by idly and watched Larry Scott run the conference into the ground and replaced him with a guy clearly in over his head…I am not confident any of these schools will take a smart and strategically sound approach to handling this.

I actually believe that the ADs don’t want to see the PAC 12 dissolve. It’s not in their interest to have that happen. But as has been pointed out several times. They’re not the ones driving this train. I genuinely believe ESPN and the other media that control college athletics would like to see it happen.

Oregon and Washington have no leverage to ask for unequal rev share, unless they are willing to sign an iron clad GOR with the rest of the conference, but I don't think that's going to happen, since no amount of unequal rev share is enough to pass up the chance to jump to the B1G if invited. So no, they can pound sand.

Oregon and Washington have no leverage whatsoever. It would be about the dumbest thing ever for anyone in the Pac 12 to agree to that. I'd hope CU and everyone else would start belly laughing when that is brought up.

Yomark has been writing that article for he sock Dodd over and over and over and over again.
And ITB posts it every damn time.

I'm starting to be convinced that the "Big XII adding the 4 Corners" is the new QAnon for these people. "It's coming, it's just not time yet... it will all be revealed in time and then we will add the four corners!"

I think it's about dominating the Megaregions when we look at the conferences.

1678384928083.png

SEC has complete dominance of "Gulf Coast" and "Texas Triangle" now. Its remaining moves are to gain dominance in the "Piedmont Atlantic" and "Florida" megaregions. The keys to that are North Carolina and Miami, with a number of secondary properties also from the ACC which would have value. I don't believe the SEC has any interest in the "Northeast" or any of the 5 western Megaregions.

The B1G traditionally owns the "Great Lakes" and seems to want the "Northeast". UVA is the big remaining prize there. The other Northeast consideration is the New England region, which doesn't have good football options. The best bet might be UConn and I wouldn't totally discount that, especially in consideration of elite status in men's & women's hoops.

The rest for the B1G is the West. Washington + Oregon would dominate "Cascadia", Stanford + Cal would dominate "Northern California", and it seems to me that when looking at "Front Range" and "Arizona Sun" it gets them to a better place on regional dominance of population zones by going Colorado + Arizona.

Taking the above, here are my 8 additions to both the SEC and B1G for 2 24-team conferences that would effectively split the country and dominate each region:

SEC adds: Miami, FSU, GT, Clemson, UNC, NCSU, VT, Louisville

B1G adds: Washington, Oregon, Cal, Stanford, Arizona, Colorado, Virginia, Notre Dame (UConn, Utah or KU get picked if ND refuses to join a football conference).

FWIW - I think the Big 12 would add ASU, SDSU, Pitt and Utah very quickly if this happened.

Last edited:
I think it's about dominating the Megaregions when we look at the conferences.

View attachment 59448

SEC has complete dominance of "Gulf Coast" and "Texas Triangle" now. Its remaining moves are to gain dominance in the "Piedmont Atlantic" and "Florida" megaregions. The keys to that are North Carolina and Miami, with a number of secondary properties also from the ACC which would have value. I don't believe the SEC has any interest in the "Northeast" or any of the 5 western Megaregions.

The B1G seems to want the "Northeast". UVA is the big remaining prize there. The other consideration is the New England region, which doesn't have good football options. The best bet might be UConn and I wouldn't totally discount that, especially in consideration of elite status in men's & women's hoops.

The rest for the B1G is the West. Washington + Oregon would dominate "Cascadia", Stanford + Cal would dominate "Northern California", and it seems to me that when looking at "Front Range" and "Arizona Sun" it gets them to a better place on regional dominance of population zones by going Colorado + Arizona.

Taking the above, here are my 8 additions to both the SEC and B1G for 2 24-team conferences that would effectively split the country and dominate each region:

SEC adds: Miami, FSU, GT, Clemson, UNC, NCSU, VT, Louisville

B1G adds: Washington, Oregon, Cal, Stanford, Arizona, Colorado, Virginia, Notre Dame (UConn, Utah or KU get picked if ND refuses to join a football conference).

FWIW - I think the Big 12 would add ASU, SDSU, Pitt and Utah very quickly if this happened.
Cascadia, Sun Region, I’m liking this middle Earth vibe here. White walkers in Canada.

From what some rando tweeted at me said, and he was 100% sure so it’s probably not true, UVA and VT can’t break away from each other. I don’t believe it but there are those who believe flagships and “state” schools have some legal obligation to each other.

Interesting listen on Pac-12 This Morning. Canzano discussed many things, brief recap:

1. He believes the most likely scenario is tier 1 games on ESPN, with tier 2 games and games formerly on Pac12 network on Apple/Amazon or combination of both. Potentially with Amazon taking a Friday night games, and Saturday on ESPN/Apple.
2. Why so slow in negotiations? One example was when the issue of networks picking certain games comes up, ESPN gets through it in about an hour (because they are used to it), but it takes Apple/Amazon days to a week for their lawyers to comprehend everything.
3. Four corner schools are reluctant to make a "lateral move" to Big 12 for 2 to 5MM more than what Pac expects to agree to.
4. Pac/Acc partnership (not merger) is still a thing, but mostly more because ESPN wants to increase revenue to ACC members.

Back