What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

"If you're the Pac-12, and you're looking at Oregon State-Washington State the first week of November that would do 650,000-800,000 viewers on FS1, say hello to 250,000-500,000 [viewers] on a streamer," Crakes said. "I don't care who that streamer is. That's the math of it. The Pac-12 has got a problem on its hands."

Crakes also believes the Pac-12 will eventually do a deal with ESPN or another established linear partner. He doesn't see much value in the Big 12 expanding with Pac-12 teams at present. If that sounds confusing, it should be. It all folds in with the Pac-12 deal taking this long.

"If you're the Pac-12, and you're looking at Oregon State-Washington State the first week of November that would do 650,000-800,000 viewers on FS1, say hello to 250,000-500,000 [viewers] on a streamer," Crakes said. "I don't care who that streamer is. That's the math of it. The Pac-12 has got a problem on its hands."

Crakes also believes the Pac-12 will eventually do a deal with ESPN or another established linear partner. He doesn't see much value in the Big 12 expanding with Pac-12 teams at present. If that sounds confusing, it should be. It all folds in with the Pac-12 deal taking this long.
I think he brings up real issues and concerns, but I do continue to question why Dodd writes a weekly Pac-12 hit piece. It's a weird obsession of his that makes me think that he has an inherent bias to his work.

Just so you know, you can watch those streaming services on your TV that is on your wall inside your house
College Accuse GIF

Because Josh Allen was a polarizing topic of discussion during the run up to the 2018 draft. He was wildly inaccurate as a passer in college, and the reports were that Elway was enamored with him in the same way he was enamored with Paxton Lynch. Many people did not want the Broncos to draft him, myself included, and those people have had to eat crow about it ever since.

I think he brings up real issues and concerns, but I do continue to question why Dodd writes a weekly Pac-12 hit piece. It's a weird obsession of his that makes me think that he has an inherent bias to his work.
He said plenty of good things about the PAC, mentioning how big of a negotiating boost having the PACN infrastructure could be when approaching CW, ION, or Apple. It didn't read much like a hit piece to me, more like a relatively honest assessment, pros and cons included. I think a lot of us react too emotionally to news on this front (and also tend to base what sources we value or devalue on whether or not they're saying what we want to hear... but of course that bias extends to much of life).

He said plenty of good things about the PAC, mentioning how big of a negotiating boost having the PACN infrastructure could be when approaching CW, ION, or Apple. It didn't read much like a hit piece to me, more like a relatively honest assessment, pros and cons included. I think a lot of us react too emotionally to news on this front (and also tend to base what sources we value or devalue on whether or not they're saying what we want to hear... but of course that bias extends to much of life).
Maybe so. But if you look at his timeline of columns, it is a weekly piece for months speculating about either the Pac crumbling, about more members leaving, or media companies not being interested/ not offering good money/ being less than ideal for whatever reason. I don't doubt he has sources, but his sources do tend to be working an agenda of devaluating and destabilizing the Pac. There's not a lot of counterpoint sources speculating (certainly never enough to carry the main tone of his story).

As far as preferring sources that push favorable messages, we're not exactly big fans of Wilner and his credibility. He's obviously carrying water for the Pac-12 since that's where his bread is buttered. My impression is that Dodd is Wilner for Big 12 interests.

Last edited:
Maybe so. But if you look at his timeline of columns, it is a weekly piece for months speculating about either the Pac crumbling, about more members leaving, or media companies not being interested/ not offering good money/ being less than ideal for whatever reason. I don't doubt he has sources, but his sources do tend to be working an agenda of devaluating and destabilizing the Pac. There's not a lot of counterpoint sources speculating (certainly never enough to carry the main tone of his story).

As far as preferring sources that push favorable messages, we're not exactly big fans of Wilner and his credibility. He's obviously carrying water for the Pac-12 since that's where his bread is buttered. My impression is that Dodd is Wilner for Big 12 interests.
No doubt Dodd is biased, but all the things he brings up are, of course, legitimate concerns. Ironically, Dodd has been known around Big XII message boards for years for being to prone to sh!tting on the Big XII. I think he probably keeps writing about realignment (and the only big potential realignment in the country right now involves the PAC) because it sells. Mandel and Staples have both said realignment talk is a "gold mine" for sports writers and podcasters.

Agreed I mostly can't stand Wilner. I appreciate that he's pro-Pac 12 but I don't like having optimism mutate into a detached-from-reality myopia that can't be honest with what the situation is.

No doubt Dodd is biased, but all the things he brings up are, of course, legitimate concerns. Ironically, Dodd has been known around Big XII message boards for years for being to prone to sh!tting on the Big XII. I think he probably keeps writing about realignment (and the only big potential realignment in the country right now involves the PAC) because it sells. Mandel and Staples have both said realignment talk is a "gold mine" for sports writers and podcasters.

Agreed I mostly can't stand Wilner. I appreciate that he's pro-Pac 12 but I don't like having optimism mutate into a detached-from-reality myopia that can't be honest with what the situation is.
Isn't Canzano doing this as well?

The longer this goes on, the worse this looks for the league.

Isn't Canzano doing this as well?

The longer this goes on, the worse this looks for the league.
I don't know about that. There's time before the current deal expires, so I think if I was Commish I would be very deliberate. Not like we're negotiating against anyone right now. No reason to jump into a deal if it's not exceptional.

Shedeur gets no love from the college guys but the NFL guys love him. Reminds me of Josh Allen, the college guys were like, who? NFL guys were in love.

Josh Allen got a lot of NFL buzz in college because of his arm strength and physical statuee.

Because Josh Allen was a polarizing topic of discussion during the run up to the 2018 draft. He was wildly inaccurate as a passer in college, and the reports were that Elway was enamored with him in the same way he was enamored with Paxton Lynch. Many people did not want the Broncos to draft him, myself included, and those people have had to eat crow about it ever since.
Brian Daboll wasn’t coaching the Broncos then. Allen went to the perfect place for his development. The Broncos’ debacle coaching staffs would not have changed his game like Buffalo’s did.

Just so you know, you can watch those streaming services on your TV that is on your wall inside your house
As I often do. We have all the streaming stuff, even some obscure ones. My wife is quite the videophile. YouTube music performances on a big screen with good sound are addictive.

Back