What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

This thread makes me sadder and sadder.

I dgaf about any of this other ****. Go to the Big 12, take our licks for thinking we were better than everyone else, and move on with life.

This thread makes me sadder and sadder.

I dgaf about any of this other ****. Go to the Big 12, take our licks for thinking we were better than everyone else, and move on with life.
Nobody gives a **** about looking bad for going back to the Big 12 if that’s what ultimately happens. The entire landscape of college football is completely different now than it was in 2011

Nobody gives a **** about looking bad for going back to the Big 12 if that’s what ultimately happens. The entire landscape of college football is completely different now than it was in 2011
We’re as close to relegation in CFB as there’s ever been. It’s a dog fight out there.

Remember Deion’s first team meeting. When he said “jump in the portal and get what you can get”. That would be equivalent to CU moving back to the B12 rn. It would be admitting we can’t hack it in the big leagues. I saw a lot of this pre-Deion. Post-Deion, not as much bc it doesn’t make sense.

We’re as close to relegation in CFB as there’s ever been. It’s a dog fight out there.

Remember Deion’s first team meeting. When he said “jump in the portal and get what you can get”. That would be equivalent to CU moving back to the B12 rn. It would be admitting we can’t hack it in the big leagues. I saw a lot of this pre-Deion. Post-Deion, not as much bc it doesn’t make sense.
Admitting we can’t hack it in the big leagues? What?

Like…the Pac-12/10 is better than the Big XII?

Admitting we can’t hack it in the big leagues? What?
If you’re not in the B1G or SEC but in a P5, you’re auditioning to join one of those leagues. If we opt out of fighting for that spot now before showing what we can do w/ Prime, seems like a loser move imo. Our hand has never been stronger, we need to play it out. And we need to do that in the P12 against Oregon, Washington, etc.

If you’re not in the B1G or SEC but in a P5, you’re auditioning to join one of those leagues. If we opt out of fighting for that spot now before showing what we can do w/ Prime, seems like a loser move imo. Our hand has never been stronger, we need to play it out. And we need to do that in the P12 against Oregon, Washington, etc.
I guess I don’t show it as opting out. The Big 12 is going to have the same seat at the playoff table as the Pac will. CU arguably has the best chance of becoming a consistent top 10 playoff team over the next 5 years in the Big 12 than it does in the Pac.

I’d rather stay put and continue playing Oregon, Washington and Utah and make a play for the B1G with those 3 as the West Coast partners for SC/UCLA, but I just don’t think going back to the Big 12 is some tail between the legs move just because we left 12 years ago.

I guess I don’t show it as opting out. The Big 12 is going to have the same seat at the playoff table as the Pac will. CU arguably has the best chance of becoming a consistent top 10 playoff team over the next 5 years in the Big 12 than it does in the Pac.

I’d rather stay put and continue playing Oregon, Washington and Utah and make a play for the B1G with those 3 as the West Coast partners for SC/UCLA, but I just don’t think going back to the Big 12 is some tail between the legs move just because we left 12 years ago.
UT, OU, aTm, MU and NU all left along with CU. They've backfilled with G5s plus a WVU program that was in limbo once the Big East folded for football. It's basically on the level of peak AAC at this point.

UT, OU, aTm, MU and NU all left along with CU. They've backfilled with G5s plus a WVU program that was in limbo once the Big East folded for football. It's basically on the level of peak AAC at this point.
Let’s not go peak hyperbole here. They have the third best media deal in college football.

Yes, had leadership decided to go to the B1G instead of the Pac we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I get that CU is the only former B12 member that could end up back there, but that’s only an option because they got a media deal that’s probably going to be on par or better than what the Pac will get.

Again, I’m all for staying with Oregon and Washington, but the Pac is still small time

Agree it’s def not about the past.

On the playoff access, ok for now but if more realignment happens (top ACC/P12 schools to B1G/SEC) then they’re at the mercy of the B1G and SEC for that access. If no one agrees with that, then who in the B12 can throw their weight around in those future discussions? No one. They will have no leverage and it’ll only get worse from there.

Agree it’s def not about the past.

On the playoff access, ok for now but if more realignment happens (top ACC/P12 schools to B1G/SEC) then they’re at the mercy of the B1G and SEC for that access. If no one agrees with that, then who in the B12 can throw their weight around in those future discussions? No one. They will have no leverage and it’ll only get worse from there.
Completely agree, but in your scenario, Oregon and Washington go to the B1G and the Pac is dissolved or truly becomes a G5 by merging with the MWC and CU is in the exact same position, if not worse. Neither Oregon or Washington are looking out for CU here, so beyond the desire to continue playing them because they represent better competition and better programs than the Big 12, being in the same conference as them is irrelevant.

Basically, if CU is going to get an invite to the B1G (or SEC), it's not going to matter whether they are in the Pac or Big 12.

Completely agree, but in your scenario, Oregon and Washington go to the B1G and the Pac is dissolved or truly becomes a G5 by merging with the MWC and CU is in the exact same position, if not worse. Neither Oregon or Washington are looking out for CU here, so beyond the desire to continue playing them because they represent better competition and better programs than the Big 12, being in the same conference as them is irrelevant.

Basically, if CU is going to get an invite to the B1G (or SEC), it's not going to matter whether they are in the Pac or Big 12.
Agree, everyone is trying to screw each other. Esp Oregon and Washington. That’s why we just need to win big in the next 5-6 P12 run.

Look at Utah, they lost 2 Rose Bowls and were in Warren’s expansion plans.

There remains a third option that I believe is the most likely - that the ACC, B12 and PAC form their own conference. I think it’s almost a certainty that CU ends up in that group. With that in mind, it doesn’t really matter if we are in the B12 or PAC, so why bother moving?

There remains a third option that I believe is the most likely - that the ACC, B12 and PAC form their own conference. I think it’s almost a certainty that CU ends up in that group. With that in mind, it doesn’t really matter if we are in the B12 or PAC, so why bother moving?
Is this what ESPN/FOX want to happen ?
They call all the shots.

Let's just win wherever we are, and things should take care of themselves.
Busch Beer GIF by Busch

…The Pac-12’s media rights agreement won’t be completed until late spring or early summer, according to The Athletic college football writers Stewart Mandel and Max Olsen. They said The CW is now in play. We will add this to the conversation around potential defections from Pac-12 to the Big 12: Watch Colorado.

Is this what ESPN/FOX want to happen ?
They call all the shots.
I think they’d love it. It would essentially be two conferences instead of five. It would have all the top programming and all the best matchups.

Premature ejection back to the little 12 would be the worst thing the buffs could do. Even if the Pac fails to get a media deal, the whole conference collapses, Ducks and Huskies go to big10, the little 12 would still beg the buffs to come back. They are nothing, they have no historic programs, Buffs should probably ask for a double share if they have to lower themselves to join the commuter 12.

My Simple Life:

1. I want to be able to watch all CU football games and most CU basketball games on a screen attached to a wall inside my house.
2. I want CU to be in a P5 conference from which football teams have a chance to go into the playoffs.

I have no other wants. Well, world peace, etc....

My Simple Life:

1. I want to be able to watch all CU football games and most CU basketball games on a screen attached to a wall inside my house.
2. I want CU to be in a P5 conference from which football teams have a chance to go into the playoffs.

I have no other wants. Well, world peace, etc....
Literally every option discussed within these 318 pages thus far meets those two criteria.

Literally every option discussed within these 318 pages thus far meets those two criteria.
And that's why I'm not stressin' too much these days, though Ive seen some scenarios in the 318 pages in which all the football games might not be on TV. And I realize that some of those were hypotheticals, and not Literally carved in stone.

And that's why I'm not stressin' too much these days, though Ive seen some scenarios in the 318 pages in which all the football games might not be on TV. And I realize that some of those were hypotheticals, and not Literally carved in stone.
I hate you both.

Back