What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Other than the fact that there are zero appealing matchups in the Big XII, the main reason that I would prefer us to stay with the Pac12 is that we will have leverage. I do not want us committing to anything that requires a longer than 3-5 year commitment. Give Prime everything he needs and let him cook for a few years. At that point, see where we fit. Does anyone think that the Big XII won't want us in 3 years? Look at who they're pursuing. If the B1G and SEC don't want us at that point, fine - do what we need to for long term success. Right now is all about maintaining flexibility.

And keeping Prime happy.
The Big 12 is set up for a program like CU and a coach like Prime to dominate it.

You have a point on the commitment to the Big 12. I'm willing to commit to them for the rest of their TV deal.....that's 2031. No further than that. I don't believe anything happens in the ACC until 2033-34 unless one of those schools manages to lawyer their way out of a GoR that looks to be fairly ironclad.

I disagree about ducks and pups being in charge, I think OU and UW need the Pac to survive, if not, they are MW bound. If they were going to the big10, they'd already be gone.

winter coming GIF

I was told there would be news today. I fell for it again!
Well, CU is actually already in the Big XII - they just have a doppelganger in place in the Pac-12 to keep the MSM off of the trail. They're waiting for the season to start and then they will unleash the storm and the Pac-12 universities and everyone who has ever stepped foot on one of their campuses will be arrested and the Big XII will automatically get a boost in pay and each B12 school will then make $375 million a year in TV rights and all debts will be eliminated. I'm pretty sure that we all become sovereign citizens too.

/horn sound

ITB.jpg

Well, CU is actually already in the Big XII - they just have a doppelganger in place in the Pac-12 to keep the MSM off of the trail. They're waiting for the season to start and then they will unleash the storm and the Pac-12 universities and everyone who has ever stepped foot on one of their campuses will be arrested and the Big XII will automatically get a boost in pay and each B12 school will then make $375 million a year in TV rights and all debts will be eliminated. I'm pretty sure that we all become sovereign citizens too.

/horn sound

View attachment 61313
And we’re joining with Memphis. Powerhouse Memphis. Welcome to the G12 folks.

part of this is the optics...

no one wants to go first. b10 is not going to be seen as the further destroyer of the pac. it may take a first mover like CU announcing to the b12 to get the rest of the dominoes to fall-- b10 then "reluctantly" invites oregon and uw for example after the pac is officially deceased... or, the gk deal comes in final and waaaay lower than he promised and it is public. then a whole bunch of pac teams will say **** this we are on the market.

CU negotiating a landing is a good thing. it gives us a bit of leverage if the pac collapse begins. my only issue is that there is no way we'd take a b12 invite if we could wrangle a b10 invite. so, if we are the catalyst of the end and then get left out of the big i am going to be bent.

maybe the way it all goes down is the numbers for the pac deal get announced and then everyone puts up a for sale sign among the pac schools. if we haven't yet accepted the b12 offer but have a deal in form ready to go, we will be ahead of the other remnants.

Heard a rumor today from someone I trust that Wazzu’s board of trustees will be meeting tomorrow evening to approve a realignment of their football program to Gonzaga University. The football team will leave Pullman to become Gonzaga football and will be joining the Big12. The remainder of the Wazzu AD will be disbanded

B12 welcomed us with open arms when we had Dorrell. FF to today and our first three games will be on Fox, Fox and ESPN. Every conference is contemplating if they should add us. When the season starts that interest will 10x.

B12 welcomed us with open arms when we had Dorrell. FF to today and our first three games will be on Fox, Fox and ESPN. Every conference is contemplating if they should add us. When the season starts that interest will 10x.
No. Media contracts are much longer than the average HC tenure and a conference isn’t making a massive commitment to a program than only decided it wanted to get serious about football 5 months ago.

Big 12 meetings at the Greenbrier in WV today through Friday. Expansion vote might take place today and invites go out after that vote. Initially I thought today would be the day since it's the last day of May but that was before I found out that the meetings run through this Friday.

I am 5 min from The Greenbrier. I've got ears all over the place, not heard anything. From bartenders, to servers, to doormen, drivers..... I've got a ton of people listening for anything.

The Big 12 took in a commuter school for Hilton night managers. I'm not worried about them revoking our invitation.
this stings every time.

it is a murderer's row of research and academic flagships.

and the football is not good either.

seriously, is anyone glued to the tv for the fabled west virginia v. byu matchup?

No. Media contracts are much longer than the average HC tenure and a conference isn’t making a massive commitment to a program than only decided it wanted to get serious about football 5 months ago.
Counterpoint, we’ve always passed the peer review from an academic pov and geography. The missing part was athletics. I see what’s happening as bigger than Prime. We can attract the #1 coach and are willing to invest going forward (aka, the missing pieces).

Counterpoint, we’ve always passed the peer review from an academic pov and geography. The missing part was athletics. I see what’s happening as bigger than Prime. We can attract the #1 coach and are willing to invest going forward (aka, the missing pieces).
I’m glad you feel that way. I suspect the people writing 8 figure checks to programs each year may want to see more of a sustained commitment to investing in their program but better late than never.

You have a trick up your sleeve, George? How?

I'm impressed given how much time you spend on here. Like woah.
Give me a break. Let me be clear so you can understand:

F*** the P12
F*** the B12

I don’t care about either of them. We just need a runway with Prime to show the what we can do. The P12 gives us that short runway. It’s not that complicated.

I think the problem with Utah is that they don't want to be in a conference with BYU again given their history. ASU's president is very pro-P12 and that is why they appear reluctant to move. I have been seeing either AZ school at a time being rumored to the Big 12 pretty much since CU joined the P12. One has to play the good guy and that is what ASU & Utah are doing while their counterparts are doing the dirty work.

And a big YES to working with the Nubs again in the B1G. I was hoping this CU-Utah thing would take off but it doesn't appear to be happening and that means a pairing with CSU down the road might have to happen.

Agree with you that CU should have worked with the Nubs.
If the Nubs are still in the B1G

I just read something (lost the link) about the Big 12 pushing hard to get to at least 16 for football. Maybe also basketball-only members.

They're not just looking at the 4 Corners. In talks with UConn, SDSU, Gonzaga with maybe UNLV and Tulane also part of this.

Give me a break. Let me be clear so you can understand:

F*** the P12
F*** the B12

I don’t care about either of them. We just need a runway with Prime to show the what we can do. The P12 gives us that short runway. It’s not that complicated.
You're special, bro. The Big 12 does too, dip****. You know what else it allows us? Stability.

Think before you post, you ****ing moron.

I just read something (lost the link) about the Big 12 pushing hard to get to at least 16 for football. Maybe also basketball-only members.

They're not just looking at the 4 Corners. In talks with UConn, SDSU, Gonzaga with maybe UNLV and Tulane also part of this.

Certainly not this tweet below? LOL. If the Big 12 really wants to kill the P12, inviting SDSU & UNLV could do it in addition to the 4C schools.

Back