What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Peace Drivers License GIF by Olivia Rodrigo

Anger has no place on Allbuffs….!
True and it was 100% my fault. I missed the joke. Apparently I can only see jokes in 2D and miss the clever ones. In my defense I can admit when I’m being a dumbass. Well played Hank, well played

MWC is trying to keep SDSU or at least make max dollars from them leaving. I don't think I've seen a conference come this hard at this type of situation. AAC and others have simply collected their money and amicably wished well to the departing member(s).

Makes me wonder if losing SDSU is catastrophic for the MWC and future value.

Also makes me wonder if the P12 should take FSU and BSU along with adding SDSU and SMU to go to 14 and break the MWC - forcing them to either merge with AAC or add FCS members from big sky country.

P12 doesn't need to break the MWC because the MWC will survive. The MWC probably will go after the Dakota schools given that the NCAA might be waiving the 15K attendance policy. If the MWC gets the Montana schools plus NDSU and SoDSU, that will be quite a power play by the MWC.

The P12 will not take FSU & BSU because they do not meet the research tier requirement initially. Part of that has to do with inter California politics where the UC system can award doctor degrees while I have read that the CSU system cannot do that and that limits the CSU schools in a big way when it comes to the P12 and even the B12. Both conferences require the public schools to be at least R1 research tier and it seems like the B12 has a little flexibility with the private schools by allowing R2 schools into the conference such as BYU.

Really are you serious? Adding sdsu is stupid as it is! I respect your knowledge of the game but the San Diego marlet is a sh** hole. Nobody cares about sdsu. If they do follow college sports at all it’s either usc, ucla, or teams in the BIG. They are all from other areas. Hell they can’t even keep an nfl team. Please don’t tell me it keeps a foothold in recruiting ca. when was the last great player we got out of ca since we joined the pac. We did better before we joined.
Amazon Prime Video GIF by NFL On Prime

Wasn't Fred 1 banned on Allbuffs 2.0?

I have a vague recollection that could very well be wrong, but I feel like I remember a Fred and Fred getting himself banned.
I don’t remember that, but it doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen.

There's no way all four of those are each independently worth $32+ million to a PAC TV contract, which is what they all need to be in order to add value to the PAC (assuming we won't sign any deal worth less than the Big XII's).

Breaking the MWC should not be an objective of the PAC12. They should be working to get a media deal on par or better than the B12. We make fun of the B12 adding 4 G5 schools and then think it is good for the PAC.

The problem is lack of money and I don't believe adding those 4 schools would provide more money to CU.
More of a random thought about how owning every population significant state and metro in the western US is a brand and it has a bright future when you look at population trends. Unfortunately, it's about the right now and that means a move like the Pac did in 1978 won't happen - adding both UA & ASU when the population of AZ was 2.5M. For comparison, Nevada is at 3.1M right now but isn't even being considered despite 2 R1 universities. I like the paired in-state rivals setup of the old Pac-10 and kind of wish that had continued back in 2011 for a Pac-14 that had its eyes on NV for an eventual 16.

Pretty much spitballing/ mental masturbation as we wait for news.

Last edited:
More of a random thought about how owning every population significant state and metro in the western US is a brand and it has a bright future when you look at population trends. Unfortunately, it's about the right now and that means a move like the Pac did in 1978 won't happen - adding both UA & ASU when the population of AZ was 2.5M. For comparison, Nevada is at 3.1M right now but isn't even being considered despite 2 R1 universities. I like the paired in-state rivals setup of the old Pac-10 and kind of wish that had continued back in 2011 for a Pac-14 that had its eyes on NV for an eventual 16.

Pretty much spitballing/ mental masturbation as we wait for news

CSU being in the PAC with us creates a lot of negative energy on this board. It likely creates a lot of enthusiasm around the rest of the state too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also ESPN2, in prime time, on a holiday, when a major us sport has lots of games going, is showing the US national championship for corn hole.

I dunno, maybe "linear" broadcasts aren't nearly as valuable as some people think.
There is a linear obsession at the moment. Maybe there’s a benefit to it if you’re at a sports bar and it’s easier to find. If you’re at home, you can theoretically watch anything as long as you have a subscription.

And agree, there’s so much crap college football on ESPN networks during the season that corn hole would be an upgrade over some of those games.

Also ESPN2, in prime time, on a holiday, when a major us sport has lots of games going, is showing the US national championship for corn hole.

I dunno, maybe "linear" broadcasts aren't nearly as valuable as some people think.
TBS airs a national game Tuesday nights. There could be a clause in the MLB contracts that says ESPN can't because of that.

The article is subscription only.
Read the comments.
The mod is for Okie St. Apparently he hates realignment talk and detests threads about it.
From what I've read he has great sources including many within the PAC so for him to post about it has opened many eyes.

The article is subscription only.
Read the comments.
The mod is for Okie St. Apparently he hates realignment talk and detests threads about it.
From what I've read he has great sources including many within the PAC so for him to post about it has opened many eyes.
Politics in Sports
Utah = Yes
All others, too liberal, doped up
According to this schmuck

Attachments

• IMG_9226.jpeg
    IMG_9226.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 31
Surprised that Fred2 didn’t link a post to this.

So OSU websites have great P12 informants. Great souurce.
I'm just going off what I've heard about this Okie Mod. He hates realignment talk. Believe it or don't.
Isn’t this thread about talking out of asses?

Starts around the 19 min mark.

Ourand now saying deal not till Labor Day. Schools should know what they are doing in a month.

Never thought the PAC would go into their media day deal less.
Can't make this **** up. Lol

Last edited:

Starts around the 19 min mark.

Ourand now saying deal not till Labor Day. Schools should know what they are doing in a month.

Never thought the PAC would go into their media day deal less.
Can't make this **** up. Lol

Nice thing for the P12 schools is that it will cost them nothing to be playing in a different conference next year. Missouri was accepted into the SEC on November 6, 2011 and played in the SEC in the 2012 season. At this point, I would not be surprised if this saga stretches to the end of this year.

Back