What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Btw anyone squarely blaming Kliavkoff for this is forgetting that this wouldn't have even been a potential issue except for Larry Scott's Colossal mismanagement. GK did the best he could with the absolute **** hand he had been dealt
Inherited a mess and then had his hands tied with any vision he may have had to fix it: we don't want streaming app as the main distribution, we don't want to just be on the current major networks on Friday and Saturday nights, we don't want to expand if it's not an academic peer, and some of us are going to sabotage all efforts after you took the job (cough... USC... cough) because they were heading out the door and didn't want to be forced into a GOR discussion.

He seems to understand sports entertainment media and events. But he didn't have a lot of outs and had dishonest players at the table in addition to a poor initial hand, as they might say in Vegas.

Might be true.

And it looks like CU waited as long as they could for any deal to get made…. All the way through PAC12 media days… where clearly no numbers at all were even sketched in pencil on a napkin…

CU needs to get paid real conference money. RG has been spending—now—like we are going to be a real team. We have built the facilities. We can’t sit around hoping AppleTV becomes the next 90’s ESPN.

We need a paycheck that has serious zeros at the end.

I could care less if we ever play Stanford, Cal, Arizona, ASU, or OSU again. I never felt any sense of PAC12 energy or rivalry. I did enjoy kicking Oregon’s ass—once.
of course GIF

I'd be more than fine with that.

My ideal (buckle up folks), is that we end up with 18 teams in 3 pods of 6 teams.

Play the 5 teams in your region every year. Play 2/6 from the other 2 pods each year. That gives you a 9-game conference schedule.

For hoops, play everyone once and then your paired rival twice for 18 games. Then you have a couple "challenges" with the ACC, B1G & Big East along with having to schedule an early season tourney and another 6ish non-conference games.

Something like that while maintaining presence in the western states would be pretty much perfect for CU.
You are a guru of realignment!

Inherited a mess and then had his hands tied with any vision he may have had to fix it: we don't want streaming app as the main distribution, we don't want to just be on the current major networks on Friday and Saturday nights, we don't want to expand if it's not an academic peer, and some of us are going to sabotage all efforts after you took the job (cough... USC... cough) because they were heading out the door and didn't want to be forced into a GOR discussion.

He seems to understand sports entertainment media and events. But he didn't have a lot of outs and had dishonest players at the table in addition to a poor initial hand, as they might say in Vegas.
Would love to hear those conversations between Kliavkoff, CU and whatever networks in (and likely now out) on the deal that are happening right now.

I am glad that after all this time @Buffnik was proved correct in what he heard from his sources
For the record, I should not be credited with scoop here. As usually happens, someone else learned something with a credible source but preferred that I post it so they didn't have to deal with the mouth breather responses or (sometimes) don't want to risk someone putting 2 & 2 together with who they are IRL.

It's ironic that the Big 12, with weaker member institutions than the PAC, is the surviving conference. But as a conference, the Big 12's strength comes from its overall mediocrity. It's a stable conference because the SEC or the Big Ten won't want anything to do with the members of the Big 12.
Ok dude! What has the pac done lately. I’m waiting!

Ok so what! One of the wealthiest alums lives in tx.
If someone steps up as CU's T. Boone Pickens, I'll be the first to say we should do what makes them happy as much as possible with how we schedule and affiliate athletics. But the wealth of an alum or any group of alums & fans is irrelevant if the person isn't going to throw big money at CU Athletics.

We waited as long as we could.

George fiddled while the conference burned.

Would love to hear those conversations between Kliavkoff, CU and whatever networks in (and likely now out) on the deal that are happening right now.
It won't happen, but I wouldn't be upset at all if an 11th hour conversation of the current Pac media bidders asking what it would take to keep the conference together and them figuring out a way to go over $30M per school... and CU stayed in the Pac. I'm sure the commish is trying to pull off something like that, but it's a total Hail Mary situation.

It won't happen, but I wouldn't be upset at all if an 11th hour conversation of the current Pac media bidders asking what it would take to keep the conference together and them figuring out a way to go over $30M per school... and CU stayed in the Pac. I'm sure the commish is trying to pull off something like that, but it's a total Hail Mary situation.
let it go GIF

He is probably sitting in a bar drinking his sorrows away

Remember April 10th...
Marchand tweeted "Watch Colorado "

This is when I started taking notice.
He's dialed in to what had been failed attempts for the PAC getting a tv deal done. Both ESPN and FOX were low balling GK.

Back