What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Final thought of the night for me:

As much as we as typical Allbuffers are giving wedgies and throwing pies at each other and dividing along some predictable fissures over all of this stuff, when it's all said and done the demise of the PAC isn't a source of pleasure for me, because it means that college football is starting to contract, very seriously and slowly, but surely. And that isn't great.

Just like the middle class. Sigh.

I know many here aren’t happy about the move, however I for one want to thank Rick George/Saliman (purposely leaving out DiStefano) for having the balls to be the first to get off this sinking ship.

It's refreshing that Colorado acted instead of having to now scramble to figure out where the heck they will be presiding, not knowing if a year from now they would have enough money to pay the bills.

I have browsed Utah and ASU boards and they are just short of freaking out. So glad for once that's not us. Even looking at Oregon and Washington boards and they are now realizing there's a real fear of the unknown. I'm sure those two schools eventually end up in a great position but right now I'm enjoying the view, watching chaos, knowing Colorado is safe for the remainder of the 2020s.

With the ratings anticipated from Coach Prime, I can almost guarantee that CU would have been constantly playing its Pac games in the Friday and Saturday "After Dark" time slots. Valid concern from RG.
Well, early 23 doesn’t seem to support that but I suppose they just is still out.

To be honest, DiStefano reminds me of that Soros character.
Happy Excuse Me GIF

Some tweets out there are talking about a surprise P12 school contacting the B12.

I don’t think it is OSU or WSU.

That narrows it down to Stanford & Cal and I’d think Cal is that surprise school. That would implode the P12.

CU was 5th highest in terms of P12 viewership (according to an 2022 Athletic article) between 2015-2019 and 2021 behind UO, Stanford, UW, and WSU.

Considering how bad CU was and what they will be moving forward, it's a bad lost

I believe it was “unofficially“ known as the Pacific Athletic Conference in the 60’s which likely is the reason it is sometimes spelled in all caps.
I think it’s spelled all caps bc iOS autocorrects it that way. You have to intentionally change it.
But growing up in the pac-10 footprint, no one called it “the PAC” until it became the Pac-12…(and I blame this board)

Seriously though, gluten makes me feel bloated.
My daughter has celiac (diagnosed 14 years ago). Don’t eat gluten on the regular, but when I do, I feel like ****! Funny thing is, people talk like being gluten free is effeminate and limp-waisted. Fact is, I probably end up eating more meat and drinking hard liquor than most of those ****ers.

I want to apologize.

Okay, I was having a little (too much) fun freaking out about joining our new conference yesterday. Obviously, I'm not overly excited about the Big XII brand.

However, I appreciate the warm welcome our new conference mates have offered us, and I apologize for being less than gracious about accepting those messages.* So thank you Big XII for throwing us a lifeline. We've been a horrible football team, and don't deserve it, and I'm grateful that you'll have us back. And I'm sorry that we weren't the team we hoped we would be during our time with the PAC, so apologies to our (most recent) former conference. I wish that had been better.

*The message or gratitude does not apply to those evil ****s at Baylor. **** them for covering up murder and rape at an institutional level, hiding behind some sort of faux morality in the name of religion and also for being general assholes (in particular former disgraced Regent Buddy Jones). **** Baylor.

I want to apologize.

Okay, I was having a little (too much) fun freaking out about joining our new conference yesterday. Obviously, I'm not overly excited about the Big XII brand.

However, I appreciate the warm welcome our new conference mates have offered us, and I apologize for being less than gracious about accepting those messages.* So thank you Big XII for throwing us a lifeline. We've been a horrible football team, and don't deserve it, and I'm grateful that you'll have us back. And I'm sorry that we weren't the team we hoped we would be during our time with the PAC, so apologies to our former conference. I wish that had been better.

*The message or gratitude does not apply to those evil ****s at Baylor. **** them for covering up murder and rape at an institutional level, hiding behind some sort of faux morality in the name of religion and also for being general assholes (in particular former disgraced Regent Buddy Jones). **** Baylor.

pussy

I want to apologize.

Okay, I was having a little fun freaking out about joining our new conference yesterday. Obviously, I'm not overly excited about the Big XII brand.

However, I appreciate the warm welcome our new conference mates have offered us, and I apologize for being less than gracious about accepting those messages.* So thank you Big XII for throwing us a lifeline. We've been a horrible football team, and don't deserve it, and I'm grateful that you'll have us back. And I'm sorry that we weren't the team we hoped we would be during our time with the PAC, so apologies to our former conference. I wish that had been better.

Is there a ”double lIke” button somewhere? Or the ability individually like separate parts of the same post?

Back