What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I'm sorry. You are correct. You never said that. You just said you'd rather pay to watch neb/Iowa rather than some CU games:
Fred learning that there is a search and mutiquote function:

Oh No Reaction GIF by Breaking Bad

It's one thing to have games on streaming for a subscription.

But it's another to jave to have the subscription and then shell out another chuck of change for a special package like MLS. It's not quite PPV but kind of feels like it.

You don't have to be an Apple TV subscriber to get the Apple TV MLS stuff. You will just get a discount on the MLS subscription if you are already an Apple TV subscriber.

My god nik, what is your love affair with sdsu? It is a nothing school in area that could care less about cb. I lived there and no one gives a sh** about sdsu. The stadium s further away from campus than Hughs stadium was from csu. Please don’t tell me recruiting because that’s bs.
Are you drunk again?

It sounds like Apple will pay the conferenct $70 million and all schools will get a share, which would include CU. But what's confusing about that tweet is by saying "on the hook" it makes it sound like the schools would owe something, not the other way around.
He's assuming we owe something.

And apple might take care of the Comcast overpayments for the three who are leaving? Hahahaha.

Just finished reading Oregon 247 board.
**** ! I hate those assholes so much.
They are so confident that they are Big10 bound. If so their football team will fade into obscurity winning no more than 7 to 9 games a year and remains at O football championships.
These are my feels exactly - which is why I hope they end up there.

Again, P12 meetings are to begin in a few minutes.

AZ BOR meeting begins at 4:30 PM MT and should be done by 5:00 PM. There is a livestreaming link so I guess there won't be a second AZ BOR meeting to confirm the Big 12 move perhaps for both UA & ASU.

The infatuation some people have with a G5 school that has never actually done anything is a little weird.
SDSU? If the XII needs another team and can't get a PAC school, I want them more than anyone.

I don't think the current PAC schools will play the people who ditched them for a while.

Last edited:
Can someone Claire something for me when it comes to “streaming” vs “linear programming”?

I assume when we refer to “linear programming” we’re talking about a show/event being on at a certain time, followed by another show/event at that next certain time - the way cable prime time works.

But most people these days would rather streaming on demand - what what they want, when they want, via Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV, whatever.

But because these are LIVE sports events, played at a specific time - how is this not the definition of “linear programming”? The game is on at a certain time. You watch it. Then the next game starts, you watch it. Unless you want to know the scores ahead of time, you watch one game after the next at the time they are on.

Kinda confused about the differences there.

Can someone Claire something for me when it comes to “streaming” vs “linear programming”?

I assume when we refer to “linear programming” we’re talking about a show/event being on at a certain time, followed by another show/event at that next certain time - the way cable prime time works.

But most people these days would rather streaming on demand - what what they want, when they want, via Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV, whatever.

But because these are LIVE sports events, played at a specific time - how is this not the definition of “linear programming”? The game is on at a certain time. You watch it. Then the next game starts, you watch it. Unless you want to know the scores ahead of time, you watch one game after the next at the time they are on.

Linear is broadcast TV. ESPN FS1 CBS etc.

Streaming is AppleTV, HULU, etc

Linear is broadcast TV. ESPN FS1 CBS etc.

Streaming is AppleTV, HULU, etc
Yeah, I get that. But the term came from having to watch something when it’s on, followed by the next program - in a linear fashion.
Having “streaming apps” allows you to watch whatever you want whenever you want.
Doesn’t matter if it’s ESPN, FS, Hulu, Apple - with live sports, you still have to watch it when it’s on. Folks on here keep taking about not wanting to be tied to some sort of schedule. But I don’t get that.

For the purposes of the discussion here, linear means on a traditional cable/broadcast platform that has a guide with programming before and after the game. Streaming is any “new” platform that is only available in an application (apple, Netflix, etc) where you click on a link to view the game independent of any other program.

To clarify based on previous reporting, the overpayments due back to Comcast will be made up by Comcast withholding payments this year and direct payments from the conference back to Comcast, which will result in reduced revenue distribution to each school for this year. Because there are still 12 schools this year, each school owes a bit over $4 million each based on the reported $50 million owed back to Comcast.

Back