What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

To the bolded properties, if that's the direction they decided to go Apple is sitting on the kind of cash that could buy that from Disney plus all of the Mattel film, tv and digital rights.

And they could do it at the same time as it's acquiring the sports rights plus ESPN/ABC that make AppleTV a must subscription for anyone who likes sports.
I have my doubts a deal like that goes unchallenged while this administration is in office and Lina Khan is still running the FTC. At minimum it would be a two year slog like the Microsoft Activision deal.

To the bolded properties, if that's the direction they decided to go Apple is sitting on the kind of cash that could buy that from Disney plus all of the Mattel film, tv and digital rights.

And they could do it at the same time as it's acquiring the sports rights plus ESPN/ABC that make AppleTV a must subscription for anyone who likes sports.
The movie properties are a slam dunk. You just added ton of new content to the streaming service you are trying to build at Apple.

The question is who wants billions in future sports media rights royalties that are ultimately not very conducive to streaming when bingable content is the name of the game? For that money you can instead produce new shows and movies that are bingable And have a far longer shelf life then a sports contest.

Then again you can pay wall all the sports and collect $10-$20 more than the standard subscription. Maybe make an archive that another $10 on top of that.

Its hard to see Apple wanting to own ABC at all.

This is why I think BIG time sports rights are ****ed. There will always be demand to see it. But the stratospheric numbers will come back to earth. The P12 survivors might be getting that lesson ahead of everyone else

The movie properties are a slam dunk. You just added ton of new content to the streaming service you are trying to build at Apple.

The question is who wants billions in future sports media rights royalties that are ultimately not very conducive to streaming when bingable content is that name of the game? For that money you can produce new shows and movies that are bingable.

Then again you can pay wall all the sports and collect $10-$20 more than the standard subscription.

It's hard to see Apple wanting to own ABC at all.
ABC is valuable mostly for its library of tv shows and sports broadcasts. That's very bingeable.

Off the top of your head what do they have? I cant think of a single ABC show. It's all rated PG to G too.
I was thinking that ABC owns the rights to things that had been broadcast on its network over all those years along with potential to do reboots for new original programming.

Mushroom soup? All you cali wine and cheese fans should love this guy
Depends. I'd want to know what type of mushrooms they use in the soup. If chanterelles, or maybe Dryad’s saddle, I'll be more impressed. And what about the napa wine choice?

I was thinking that ABC owns the rights to things that had been broadcast on its network over all those years along with potential to do reboots for new original programming.
Thats not remotely how that works. They own the rights to the shows they directly produced, which is not much, as networks were limited in how much of their programming they could produce in house, for anti-trust reasons.

GIF by Giphy QA

“The presentation actually featured at least two proposals, one less lucrative than the other, depending on the amount of subscription-based incentives met and the addition of outside linear partners, such as ESPN and Fox, who would share in the broadcasting rights of marquee games.”

One source described the presented TV deal as not suitable enough to keep all three intact. After a year of TV negotiations — with miscalculations and missteps along the way — could the deal somehow get better over a matter of days?

“If we had a good deal, we’d have presented it earlier,” says one league source.”

Back