What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

GIF by Giphy QA

Yep, they are just holding back the good stuff!

I seriously doubt this will convince any P12 school to stay.

Utah's staying. I think.

The overwhelming narrative is that this Pac-12 deal is great if you bet on Apple becoming bigger and better than ESPN over the next few years (and/or acquires it).

Good luck with that.

I think we would all be coping the same way if we hadn’t made the jump, but it’s delusional. The only way it’s possible over the life of the P12 contract (presumably 5-7 years) is if they purchase Disney/ESPN and essentially take all ESPN+ content and put it on Apple TV and force subscriptions.

I think we would all be coping the same way if we hadn’t made the jump, but it’s delusional. The only way it’s possible over the life of the P12 contract (presumably 5-7 years) is if they purchase Disney/ESPN and essentially take all ESPN+ content and put it on Apple TV and force subscriptions.
And what bigger markets does the Pac have to grow into after losing USC and UCLA? No teams out there are going to grow the base, and that has been the Pac problem and why they should have got UT and OU when they had a chance.

I doubt Apple's proposal is tied to Apple TV+ subscribers, but rather the PXX add-on you have to book separately just like they do with MLS.

For Apple this (live sports on Apple TV+) is all an experiment and not their core business. Their core business is and will remain TV shows and movies to grow Apple TV+.

Utah's staying. I think.

The overwhelming narrative is that this Pac-12 deal is great if you bet on Apple becoming bigger and better than ESPN over the next few years (and/or acquires it).

Good luck with that.

If Zona jumps, ASU will jump. Then Utah will jump. Staying is only an option for UW-UO and the teams with no better options.

Bigger markers like LA and Denver?
Rice (Houston), SMU (Dallas), SDSU (San Diego), Fresno State (Central Valley, maybe Sacramento), Colorado State ( Denver), UNLV (Las Vegas), and Tulane (New Orleans) are their options for expansion. The MWC schools cost $34M apiece if they want them for 2024.

I'd certainly be trying to figure out how it could work. Problem is that the buy-in on an uncertain model tied to fast and unprecedented growth was one of the main issues with the PACN plan that caused a lot of the current mess. It's a tough sell.

Wait, the Apple+ sports package would be $20/month? That’s insane! Sorry if I haven’t seen this.

Utah is in a tough spot. They can’t honestly believe that the PAC deal is better than the B12 deal. Problem is they would have a hard time selling a move to their supporters. Stepping down to join the same conference as BYU would not go over well with their fans, who have developed a superiority complex since joining the PAC 12.

Utah is in a tough spot. They can’t honestly believe that the PAC deal is better than the B12 deal. Problem is they would have a hard time selling a move to their supporters. Stepping down to join the same conference as BYU would not go over well with their fans, who have developed a superiority complex since joining the PAC 12.
Apparently Utah fans can’t count.

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Apparently Utah fans can’t count.

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes
They can count, but they’ve convinced themselves that the PAC deal will be good for them. Or at least good enough so that they don’t have to lower themselves by joining the B12. I get it. I really do. I’m a perfect world, the PAC survives and remains a viable P5 conference. It just seems more and more unlikely at this point.

Since the deal is subscriber based it would seem like the TV market is irrelevant. So number of fans, regardless of where they are is the only metric that matters. More specifically fans that sign up for the monthly subscription. So Cal, Stanford - well the whole state of California would not be the cash cow that a TV deal would be.

How did the general consensus go from UA, UW, UO to UA, ASU, UU? Because the Cucks believe they have a B1G deal?

I would prefer the latter to promote regional solidarity and an easier path to the championship. I do want to see UW added at all costs. Let the Cucks and 'Furd go indy and the remainder can join the MW. A rivalry with UW, with teams at the level of the 90s, would be fun to watch. I don't see the P-12 surviving and any school that sticks around to be a streaming-only test case is foolish.

And what bigger markets does the Pac have to grow into after losing USC and UCLA? No teams out there are going to grow the base, and that has been the Pac problem and why they should have got UT and OU when they had a chance.
LHN aside UT and OU likely leave for the SEC anyways at the same time as USC and UCLA for all the same reasons

Last edited:
Back