What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

We can take SDSU over ASU.
San Diego is a beautiful city and a great place to visit but people need to get over this fixation on SDSU as a conference partner.

They have maxed out winning the MWC.

San Diego is a terrible sports city that doesn't buy tickets. The rest of the country couldn't care less about them.

Fun place to make a road trip but they add almost nothing in conference revenue. That nice road trip isn't worth costing our program (and the rest of the teams in the conference) millions of dollars in the future.

San Diego is a beautiful city and a great place to visit but people need to get over this fixation on SDSU as a conference partner.

They have maxed out winning the MWC.

San Diego is a terrible sports city that doesn't buy tickets. The rest of the country couldn't care less about them.

Fun place to make a road trip but they add almost nothing in conference revenue. That nice road trip isn't worth costing our program (and the rest of the teams in the conference) millions of dollars in the future.
San Diego helps us recruit SoCal

SDSU
1) Good roadie
2) TVs in southern California
3) foothold for recruiting in southern California
4) alumni engagement in southern California

Notice none of this have to do with football. People advocating for SDSU, me included, don't give a damn about how good or bad Aztec football is.
And I didn't mention how good or bad they are on the field, in recent years they have actually been pretty good.
1) No question, one of the best
2) Those TVs are watching something else, SDSU does nothing for your ratings, this is like saying that the B12 should add CSU because they are in the Denver TV market. They are but nobody watches, nobody cares.
3) If we are winning we don't need a game in SD every couple of years or less often to recruit there, grossly overrated factor.
4) This one I agree with but again in a +/- 16 team conference odds are we aren't going there that often. Schedule the OOC and don't bleed the conference revenues to justify a few rounds of great golf.

tulane anderson GIF by GreenWave

Do you have anything to back up this claim? Because Google tells me that the Padres are 4th in attendance, SDSU basketball sells out (final four team last year) and the football team averaged 30k in a brand new stadium last year.
Football averaged 30K in a brand new stadium, re-read your statement. For a program that has been winning in a new stadium that sucks.

It took them decades and the old place almost falling apart to get the new stadium because nobody cared. They lost the Chargers, if you can lose an NFL team in a market the size and value of San Diego it is not a football town. They by the way also lost the NBA a few years back.

Padres draw very well, much of it for the same reasons the Rockies draw well. Who can argue with a summer afternoon at the ballpark.

They also do very well with soccer having drawn far and away the highest attendance for women's pro soccer, doing very well for international games, and the MLS adding them in 2025.

Neither of these has anything to do with football revenue potential which is not good based on history.

Football averaged 30K in a brand new stadium, re-read your statement. For a program that has been winning in a new stadium that sucks.

It took them decades and the old place almost falling apart to get the new stadium because nobody cared. They lost the Chargers, if you can lose an NFL team in a market the size and value of San Diego it is not a football town. They by the way also lost the NBA a few years back.

Padres draw very well, much of it for the same reasons the Rockies draw well. Who can argue with a summer afternoon at the ballpark.

They also do very well with soccer having drawn far and away the highest attendance for women's pro soccer, doing very well for international games, and the MLS adding them in 2025.

Neither of these has anything to do with football revenue potential which is not good based on history.
I’m not advocating for SDSU to the Big12 but I think your broad claim is still not backed up with any facts.

SDSU was 3rd in football attendance in the MWC. The NBA didn’t leave “a few years back.” It was 1984. And the Chargers leaving was not so much about attendance. It was a greedy owner that screwed the city and chased huge money in LA. I’m sensitive to that because it’s exactly what the Houston owner did when taking the Oilers to Tennessee.

Wonder where the Pac12 found money
I think that the B1G said they weren't sending invites. Or if they did the revenue vs expense was worse than the Pac option.

So that means UO, UW, Cal, Furd, OSU & WSU (6) would prefer to stay together. Utah has made it clear it prefers to stay. ASU's Crow is a political heavyweight in AZ and has been a vocal Pac cheerleader. That's 8, which can still be fit into the Apple deal proposal which expires today.

I think Arizona joins the Big 12 (14). And then I think Yormark speaks with ESPN & Fox to see if they have an appetite for UConn & SDSU or if it's best to hold at 14 for now. I think 14 is what will happen.

Last edited:
I think that the B1G said they weren't sending invites.

So that means UO, UW, Cal, Furd, OSU & ASU (6) would prefer to stay together. Utah has made it clear it prefers to stay. ASU's Crowe is a political heavyweight in AZ and has been a vocal Pac cheerleader. That's 8, which can still be fit into the Apple deal proposal which expires today.

I think Arizona joins the Big 12 (14). And then I think Yormark speaks with ESPN & Fox to see if they have an appetite for UConn & SDSU or if it's best to hold at 14 for now. I think 14 is what will happen.
If there are no other P5 programs up for grabs, the Big12 stays at 14 IMO

Back